Poke Comps?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skared

05-23-2012

Cho'gath solotop or jungle
Nunu solotop or jungle

And Corki bot.

I just feel like Nunu and Chogath have great synergy in the role of "protect your carry" and Corki shreds up alot of armor so this works right?

So gud becus nunu make da ice boom

Nd chogat make da yell nd knackup

Nunu chogath op plz riot nerf lol
Plz

YdadRmyfeetSMALL

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skared View Post
Cho'gath solotop or jungle
Nunu solotop or jungle

And Corki bot.

I just feel like Nunu and Chogath have great synergy in the role of "protect your carry" and Corki shreds up alot of armor so this works right?

So gud becus nunu make da ice boom

Nd chogat make da yell nd knackup

Nunu chogath op plz riot nerf lol
Plz

Lol maybe in 700 elo that works...

But the meta is all tanky dps with gap closers
Teams even run 3 ads

Smh

tHD ice

05-23-2012

Nunu is the best

If u use his q, he deals tons of damage

Also his r is good for not knowing what youre doing because you dont need to use anykeys for however lomg that chanel time is.

xRyZ

05-24-2012

Nope. Always safe with the tanky dps, no ad range

Skared

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRyz View Post
Nope. Always safe with the tanky dps, no ad range
Did you read the thread? Did you consider what I said at all? How do you know that playing Corki wouldn't work? Chogath and Nunu have such strong kiting potential and corki has a great repositioning tool. Do you have a legitimate reason as to why this wont work? True damage from cho is great against tanky champions, and i cant realistically see conventional 3v3 picks like shyv, riven, lee, and rumble being able to handle the true damage and HUGE slow that the comp provides. It allows for great single target damage with a great mix of magic, true, and physical damage. I just feel like youre sticking to the meta blindly.

Riot Taco Storm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Lead

05-24-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Nunu/Cho don't have enough CC to protect corki from 3 tanky DPS, and gap closers mean they are resistant to kitting. That and if Corki is Valkyrieing out of battle, he won't be able to shred armour since gattling gun is close range.

Skared

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Nunu/Cho don't have enough CC to protect corki from 3 tanky DPS, and gap closers mean they are resistant to kitting. That and if Corki is Valkyrieing out of battle, he won't be able to shred armour since gattling gun is close range.
You dont know that. Does every 3v3 comp have triple gap closer bruisers? No.
Valkyrie takes about a second and is a very fast repositioning tool. Its not like if he uses it he cant turn around.

Im willing to bet a silence, a knockup that doubles as a hard slow, and both a single target and aoe slow with an added attack speed debuff is sufficient for protecting a squishy championfrom three others.

Once they use their gap closers, then what? Corki valks away while cho and nunu do their thing. In the process of that, corki has the time to get off alot of damage, even if only in the form of rockets in the event he is too low to autoattack.

Also, this thread is a test. I wanted to see how previous downvotes would affect the opinions of people. The first few posts are my own accounts, and i downvoted this thread on purpose. Its obvious that downvoting creates a clear bias because this comp works

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=572049

Second post.

UGNG

05-24-2012

After the three tanky DPS characters burn their gap closes to get on you you're hoping Corki lasts long enough to valk away. Characters like Shen, and Riven have disables of their own to keep you in place. Poke comps in 5v5 are predicated on the fact that they very rarely hard engage and when they do it's only after one or more characters have been taken out of the fight or are low enough to be quickly focused. Poke comps that get hard engaged upon at even strength usually lose. Cho and Nunu aren't known for putting out a lot of damage at low itemization (which is what happens in TT). 3 bruisers vs Corki/cho/nunu at even farm I'm taking the bruisers.

Durflol

05-24-2012

You've proven that when arguments are composed of misspelled babbling, they're taken less seriously. Don't get me wrong, though-- I encourage you to recreate experiments freshman psychology majors learn any time you wish.

UGNG

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skared View Post

Also, this thread is a test. I wanted to see how previous downvotes would affect the opinions of people. The first few posts are my own accounts, and i downvoted this thread on purpose. Its obvious that downvoting creates a clear bias because this comp
It sounds a lot like you had your mind made up before you made this thread and then got really defensive when people picked out some very reasonable holes in your strategy. That being said I'd love to see other samples of your "experiment" and a control group and anything even remotely verifiable regarding your statement about downvotes and the prejudice it creates.