Fizz Counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlayWithMe69

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggochiggo View Post
I find Ryze and Morgana to be a good counter. Ryze can root him when he commits = instant gank and morgana can q him and he can't leap over it.

I thought Anivia might be able too, but a good fizz will dodge your Q every time and just destroy you.
I'm pretty sure he can jump over morg's snare.

PortgasDTom

05-25-2012

Swain.

Every time he goes to harass with Q and goes away with E, you land stun where he's supposed to land and follow up by E and Q. You win in the exchange. Besides, every time you last hit you got mana back so, you don't have to worry too much..

DuifOpDeDam

07-05-2012

Mordekaiser, enough said

MrTryHard Bro

07-05-2012

As a fizz player :
I've had trouble versus Malzahar. His E just makes me want to cry. He also outpush the lane. Can't roam.

Zilean is a ridiculous hard to lane versus him. His bombs just destroy Fizz since he can't avoid them. His slow is tricky, too.

Akali works pretty much well.

Ryze is working both ways. With a good runes set up you can own Fizz. If not he will own you.

I've had quite some trouble vs Katarina. But that's just me. I can't lane vs Katarina at all xD

Unlike what people may say;
Kassadin is bad vs Fizz
Leblanc is bad vs Fizz

Domitan

07-05-2012

Ignore any comment other than Ryze.

Ryze, Ryze, a million times Ryze.

I've played that matchup at least five times and it is so sickeningly skewed towards Ryze it's hard to believe. If you are competent and use Q to harass and auto attack, you should destroy the Fizz handily. Once he hits 6 if you don't have mr you can be combo'd down, but you can simply snare him when he tries to go for you then.

He should be severely crippled for mid/late game if you played properly til then.

jetpotion

08-16-2012

RYZe.Omfg best choice against him.Other picks dont scale as hard as him.A higher reward for counterpicking the enemy

Jesot

08-16-2012

I had trouble against Ziggs last time I played Fizz. I have also been zones by Malz.

Tofu Cube

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church52 View Post
Ya I play Fizz all day every day, never lose mid unless against a Viktor or Vlad (he goes under the ground and wont be hit by ult) Sad days
Fizz should destroy Vlad without even needing his ult, W will shut down Vlad's ability to heal. Game over.

Ithrowrocksatchi

11-12-2012

I find ( being said that fizz is my main and have played him quite a lot) the champ that i have the highest trouble is Galio and a properly played morgana. Galio simply cause of his passive and Bulwark, and morgana cause u gotta time her Q right after fizz uses his E so she can get the jump on him (ironic right?) and use her combo. Plus Morg's shield is handy when it comes to his ult and his Q.

OmniOblivion

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenclawSeeker View Post
So, I played about 5 games yesterday, and I went mid all 5 times. I went up against 4 Fizzes out of those 5 games. I was able to counter-pick every single time and selected Akali and absolutely destroyed Fizz, but that gets boring after a while. I wanted to take the safe pick though, so continued playing her. Can anybody else recommend me any Fizz counters?

The only other counter I can think of (in my half-asleep state) at the moment is Mordekaiser...I think. Can anybody confirm that?
Really, the only biggest threat is Playful/Trickster in any game you play against him. But it's generally a battle of smart play to bait out this ability.

But a couple things to note is Fizz has no sustain and can not build for it. So anyone who can build for spell vamp or simply absorb his damage can outlane him.

Also, you have to be able to play aggressive after he used his Playful/Trickster, since it has a long cooldown if he isn't maxing it first. Anyone with an early game burst can easily abuse this with smart play.