Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Current "Robotic" Ban Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavageWolves

05-10-2012

I've been noticing a lot recently that (at least for me) when I play ranked, the same champions are almost always banned. Generally, the 6 bans are as follows:

Shen
Morgana
Kassadin
Shaco
Rammus
<Insert Ban Here> (Warwick, ahri, some other champion)

Honestly, I feel that 3 of these bans are almost totally unneccessary.

Shaco and Rammus are not that scary in the jungle anymore. Both have suffered nerfs at some point and a lot of people don't bother to learn them anymore (cause everyone always bans them), even though they aren't that dangerous compared to other champions anymore.

Kassadin is also (generally) a bad ban, unless you don't know how to counterpick a kassadin.

I would much rather spend a couple of ban slots on, say, mundo and olaf, who are really annoying and a lot of people play right now (especially as it is olaf free week).

Just my 2 cents on the stale bans right now in my elo.

-Savage

Sephïroth

05-10-2012

I couldn't agree more. I often get raged, because I usually ban this week's annoying free champs and let the other team pick what they want to ban. Though, I do ask if anyone has a counter to Kassadin as I currently don't have any great counters. If I do ban him, its third pick.

Also, once you get to a higher elo it will happen less. I've also noticed people not raging but actually liking my bans, more after raising past that 1300 mark.

lolguy999

05-10-2012

If you wanna ban like a "pro" always ban from the week's free to play champs

You're welcome

The Gift Horse

05-10-2012

Quote:
Reimie:
I couldn't agree more. I often get raged, because I usually ban this week's annoying free champs and let the other team pick what they want to ban. Though, I do ask if anyone has a counter to Kassadin as I currently don't have any great counters. If I do ban him, its third pick.

Also, once you get to a higher elo it will happen less. I've also noticed people not raging but actually liking my bans, more after raising past that 1300 mark.

Talon can be a pretty effective counter to Kassadin, since his silence outranges and gap closes to him, you can harass him down pretty quickly.

SavageWolves

05-10-2012

Talon is an effective counter to many AP casters, including kassadin and morgana (morg's shield doesn't block his damage)

Dudleydino

05-10-2012

GP also counters Kassadin well.

But at low elos, you don't know if you'll get trolled for sending GP mid because he's not an AP caster. "WTF GP MID GG", "SOMEONE DODGE OR I FEED"

So I just ban kassadin.

rth2

05-10-2012

I have found Urgot to be a great counter to kassadin. Generally if Kass is picked on the other team, my team (note i do usually play with a few friends so we can set this up) picks a jungler who does not need blue and gives urgot blue at level 1 (or when they first walk by blue). This lets you harrass kassadin from level 2 with E and Q. Generally you kill kassadin a lot (or he is out of lane so often it is not funny). It is easy to be level 7 or 8 against a level 5 kassadin in mid. Honestly, Urgot is not the best carry, but a fed urgot can destroy people.

ChubbyFrank

05-10-2012

personally, and i know some are going to call me noob for this, bot i ban fizz a lot of times. My elo is not great but most the time the enemy fizz ****s my mid hard and makes him feed, then i get ****ed as jungle udyr because I cant gank him.... Late game then fizz is so fed everytime he sharks someone it is a triple. Also i try to ban lee sin because that lvl 2 or 3 gank works great against my team most the time and i tell them it is coming...

Btw i dont ban rammus or shaco. For rammus i go into his jungle adn **** his **** at red and push him out at the start or killing him. If i can kill rammus early he wont gank at all and cant jungle (same as amumu) or i just steal his jungle and blue at 7 mins easy. For shaco i just walk around expecting boxes and just run away from his boxes or smite them so he cant throw one under me while fighting me. Every second he thinks he can kill me in the jungle means he is not ganking and the fall off late game makes it more fun to laugh and he boxes me while i pass red at the start

ThatSriLankanKid

05-10-2012

Nearly every time I let someone mid against kassadin I lose the game because he gets fed. Thats why i ban him when I dont feel like playing cheese like gp or yorick mid to counter him. Shaco is just annoying to play against as a solo top player so i autoban him. I never ban rammus because hes really weak imo. No one plays him anymore because of nerfed he has been and how many better junglers exist. So i agree with not banning him but I still think kass and shaco should be bannable due to the nature of solo queue

Eryn

05-10-2012

Quote:
SavageWolves:
I've been noticing a lot recently that (at least for me) when I play ranked, the same champions are almost always banned. Generally, the 6 bans are as follows:

Shen
Morgana
Kassadin
Shaco
Rammus
<Insert Ban Here> (Warwick, ahri, some other champion)

Honestly, I feel that 3 of these bans are almost totally unneccessary.

Shaco and Rammus are not that scary in the jungle anymore. Both have suffered nerfs at some point and a lot of people don't bother to learn them anymore (cause everyone always bans them), even though they aren't that dangerous compared to other champions anymore.

Kassadin is also (generally) a bad ban, unless you don't know how to counterpick a kassadin.

I would much rather spend a couple of ban slots on, say, mundo and olaf, who are really annoying and a lot of people play right now (especially as it is olaf free week).

Just my 2 cents on the stale bans right now in my elo.

-Savage

@ 1600 elo + Shaco, Rammus, and Kassadin are rarely banned.
Champions that are banned though are:
Mundo
Cassiopia
Shen
Morgana
Warwick
Lee Sin
VARUS