Shaga's Song of the Day Thread!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shagra

05-10-2012

Edit: Apparently I typo'd my name in the title, regardless, original thread below.
Because we need another one of these.

3. High and Mighty Color - Pride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQBfz7suBVU
A JRock band that disbanded in 2010. This song was apparently on Gundam Seed, but the biggest hit in popularity came with their opening theme for Bleach, entitled Ichirin No Hana

2: Unlucky Morpheus - Danzai wa amaneku ningen no moto ni
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVcPszI-psU
This is a theme from some game called Touhou. It's a Japanese power metal piece, and it's actually pretty good. No idea what the lyrics are about, but this band is comparable to Sonata Arctica, in style, with a female vocalist.

1: Kamelot - Memento Mori
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfEOwMZMmU

This is one of the final songs on The Black Halo, which is the second portion to a two-album saga loosely based on The Faust by Wolfgang Goethe.

What's happening in this song:

This realization prompts Ariel to enter that moment of supreme contentment, spurring his deal with Mephisto into action. Musically, it begins almost like a ballad, but quickly builds in speed and intensity. In this moment, as Ariel's soul leaves his body, everything falls into place within his mind. He understands, at last, that, even having found this universal truth of love, he can never be truly satisfied in this world; that death comes to everyone; that no human is simply good or evil; that he alone is the master of his destiny; and that he creates the meaning of his own life. With this final existential revelation, under Mephisto's binding promise, Ariel's soul departs. But it does not come into Mephisto's clutches. Having rejected evil even in the face of certain ****ation, Ariel has, beyond all hope, redeemed himself at last. His soul is saved, and ascends to Heaven to join Helena. Mephisto, his divine bet lost, is cast forever into Hell. Musically, this is shown through his long, wailing death grunt and screams. The song fades back into the ballad form from which it began. Here, the story of Ariel properly ends, but there is a bit more to the tale.

Amberleh

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagra View Post
Because we need another one of these.

Kamelot - Memento Mori
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfEOwMZMmU

This is one of the final songs on The Black Halo, which is the second portion to a two-album saga loosely based on The Faust by Wolfgang Goethe.

What's happening in this song:

This realization prompts Ariel to enter that moment of supreme contentment, spurring his deal with Mephisto into action. Musically, it begins almost like a ballad, but quickly builds in speed and intensity. In this moment, as Ariel's soul leaves his body, everything falls into place within his mind. He understands, at last, that, even having found this universal truth of love, he can never be truly satisfied in this world; that death comes to everyone; that no human is simply good or evil; that he alone is the master of his destiny; and that he creates the meaning of his own life. With this final existential revelation, under Mephisto's binding promise, Ariel's soul departs. But it does not come into Mephisto's clutches. Having rejected evil even in the face of certain ****ation, Ariel has, beyond all hope, redeemed himself at last. His soul is saved, and ascends to Heaven to join Helena. Mephisto, his divine bet lost, is cast forever into Hell. Musically, this is shown through his long, wailing death grunt and screams. The song fades back into the ballad form from which it began. Here, the story of Ariel properly ends, but there is a bit more to the tale.
That awkward moment where you make a comeback thread that's well thought out...

But realize you've spelt your own name wrong in the title. =3

Rahgar

05-10-2012

Don't tell me we're all gonna start doing this...

Shagra

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleh View Post
That awkward moment where you make a comeback thread that's well thought out...

But realize you've spelt your own name wrong in the title. =3
Oh ****. :/

Amberleh

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagra View Post
Oh ****. :/
If it's any compensation, it made me smile and I've been feeling like ****, SO THANKS SHAGRA!

Elan Tedronai

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleh View Post
and I've been feeling like ****
Your smile makes me smile. I like what you've done with your hair. Thanks for being a good friend. Have you lost weight?

Shagra

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Have you lost weight?
Why yes, thanks for noticing.

Flakken

05-10-2012

HA, I like how you posted in Riku's song of the day and said "bad music is bad" then you make your own thread xD

Can't wait to see what other songs you got.

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

05-10-2012

Elan Tedronai Song of the Day
I'm Elan's smurf, I would know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g9poWKKpbU&feature=b-mv

Shagra

05-11-2012

Bumping, added a new song by Unlucky Morpheus.