Viable Twisted Fate Build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2010

I want to know a VIABLE twisted fate build, ive tried building a few times but i failed, can anyone help me?

Please i want posts from the pros, i will check your match history to see whether you did good with TF or not (no offense).

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2010

Bump.

Archyboy

08-16-2010

I go AP with him, your build should look like this

1)Sheen + pots
2)Shoes + Guinsoo's
3) Nashors

it gives you some nice burst damage and I was even able to kill a Ryze one on one. You need to make sure to make use of wild cards and PaC, stacked deck should be left at level 1. Going AP provides the burst and range needed for TF.

bliu23

08-16-2010

If you're good and can rely on Mejais, Dorans ring, Soulstealer, Sorc Boots, Lichbane (sheen first), Zhonya, Rylai, Sell Dorans for something else you need (Banshees, Scepter, GA, etc).

yourbuddypal

08-16-2010

I am of the opinion that AP TF is currently the most viable build. Early game he excels 1v1 when played aggressively. I head mid with Ghost and Ignite, and 9-0-21 masteries, Magic Pen / Move speed runes. I like to get the move speed quints and masteries to make the most use out of his PaC and wildcard harassment. Item build as follows:

Sapphire Crystal + 2 red pots - harass but farm up with wild cards. Do not base before lvl 6 and at least 860 gold for your sheen. If you didn't kill mid, consider using your ult mid with a gold card, stacked deck (get 1 lvl at 4), wild cards, and ignite. Otherwise, check out the side lanes for an easy gank or a low-hp jungler.

From there, I get boots and rush a zhonyas. TF is fragile - the zhonyas REALLY helps his survivability if getting focused. By the time you stun, wild card, and autotattack, if you user your zhonyas you just about have another PaC stun ready.

After the zhonyas, build the sheen out into a lich bane. At this point you should have roughly 250-300 AP. Lich bane procs, especially with a Gold or Red card and stacked deck hit HARD. These should also be used on towers to optimize damage output. I typically use Blue cards on towers so as to conserve mana.

Also, around level 7-10, you can solo the golem with a red pot or two. This drastically increases your damage output as you are throwing wild cards about 20% more. After building the Zhonyas and Lich bane, I upgrade my boots (almost always to merc treads, as TF needs high mobility as he is squishy).

After those items, other ones to consider (based on how the game is going and team comp): Rylais (great for the hp and added disable), Rage blade (great for assisting pushing), Hextech Gunblade (spell vamp goes a long way with long-range wild card spamming).

Full Item Build:
Slot 1. Sheen + 2 Red pots
Slot 2. Boots
Slot 3. Zhonyas
Slot 2. Merc Treads
Slot 4. Rageblade/Rylais
Slot 5/6. Hextech Gunblade
Slot 5/6.Guardian Angel or Banshees

Also: dont be afraid to use potions - red pots can really help with his lacking HP and blue pots are a great way to boost dmg output.

Archyboy

08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliu23 View Post
If you're good and can rely on Mejais, Dorans ring, Soulstealer, Sorc Boots, Lichbane (sheen first), Zhonya, Rylai, Sell Dorans for something else you need (Banshees, Scepter, GA, etc).
You should never be relying on snowball items ever.

costas84

08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbuddypal View Post
I am of the opinion that AP TF is currently the most viable build. Early game he excels 1v1 when played aggressively. I head mid with Ghost and Ignite, and 9-0-21 masteries, Magic Pen / Move speed runes. I like to get the move speed quints and masteries to make the most use out of his PaC and wildcard harassment. Item build as follows:

Sapphire Crystal + 2 red pots - harass but farm up with wild cards. Do not base before lvl 6 and at least 860 gold for your sheen. If you didn't kill mid, consider using your ult mid with a gold card, stacked deck (get 1 lvl at 4), wild cards, and ignite. Otherwise, check out the side lanes for an easy gank or a low-hp jungler.

From there, I get boots and rush a zhonyas. TF is fragile - the zhonyas REALLY helps his survivability if getting focused. By the time you stun, wild card, and autotattack, if you user your zhonyas you just about have another PaC stun ready.

After the zhonyas, build the sheen out into a lich bane. At this point you should have roughly 250-300 AP. Lich bane procs, especially with a Gold or Red card and stacked deck hit HARD. These should also be used on towers to optimize damage output. I typically use Blue cards on towers so as to conserve mana.

Also, around level 7-10, you can solo the golem with a red pot or two. This drastically increases your damage output as you are throwing wild cards about 20% more. After building the Zhonyas and Lich bane, I upgrade my boots (almost always to merc treads, as TF needs high mobility as he is squishy).

After those items, other ones to consider (based on how the game is going and team comp): Rylais (great for the hp and added disable), Rage blade (great for assisting pushing), Hextech Gunblade (spell vamp goes a long way with long-range wild card spamming).

Full Item Build:
Slot 1. Sheen + 2 Red pots
Slot 2. Boots
Slot 3. Zhonyas
Slot 2. Merc Treads
Slot 4. Rageblade/Rylais
Slot 5/6. Hextech Gunblade
Slot 5/6.Guardian Angel or Banshees

Also: dont be afraid to use potions - red pots can really help with his lacking HP and blue pots are a great way to boost dmg output.
I checked out your match history and you seem to be an extremely good player, thanks for giving me information on Twisted Fate, plus, your kills on ranked with him are very good, you seem to be very good.

Again, thank you, hope to see you in ranked/solo sometime.

yourbuddypal

08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas84 View Post
I checked out your match history and you seem to be an extremely good player, thanks for giving me information on Twisted Fate, plus, your kills on ranked with him are very good, you seem to be very good.

Again, thank you, hope to see you in ranked/solo sometime.
Haha thanks, I am glad I got your approval! I hope the post was helpful - I got a little carried away.

devotionx

08-16-2010

Ap

Spahire+2Pots

Boots
Mejas
Shen+Lichbane(if meja got some nice stacks already)
Rylajs
Zhonyas
GA

AD
Dorans Blade
Boots
Maldres Bloodrazor
Bloodthirster
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver
GA

X Widow Maker X

08-16-2010

Alright so if you want to be the Best TF possible, Dont go AP

AP is fun as hell, but nowhere near as effective as damage.

Be sure to max out your pick a card and stacked deck first. Dont even touch wild cards until you have to.

Now for the build, (if you are an experienced player you will realize that builds change depending on team composition)

1. Buy a vampire scepter first and go mid. ALWAYS GO MID. quick destiny is game changing.

2. The boots you want should be mercury treads for high cc. If the enemy team doesnt have high cc then go with your choice of tabi or boots of speed. DONT GET GREAVES OR ILL BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN.

Sigh ill just list the items

TF the tank killer
vampire scepter
boots of choice
madrids
last whisper
blood thirster

And the last 2 items are your choice (More armor pen for tanks, Banshees or Frozen malet for survive.

Now for straight up raping squishies tf you get

Vamp scepter
boots
phantom dancer
Infinity edge
Blood Thirster
-Late game SELL YOUR BOOTS for another phantom dancer

This leaves you with room for a situational item. If you arnt in a bad situation just get another b thirster