Champion pictures should be based on skin used

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supified

05-09-2012

When you see the portrait it should be based on the skin you have in use. Since the portraits are basically just a thumbnail of part of the main skin, I can't imagine it would take anyone from riot that long to do this. Hell, I'd volunteer, and I know our modding community has already pulled it off, so why can't riot?

Zielmann

05-09-2012

Talking about in-game?

I think the reason they don't is to prevent confusion. Some of the skins already look drastically different than the base skins. And some skins for some champs can actually make them look a bit like other champs. Not to mention some of the more rare or discontinued skins. Some newer players may not even realize those exist, so they wouldn't recognize what the picture is.

This way, for the quick reference that the mini-map and side bars are for, you only need to know one (the base) version of the champion. Which by-and-large will be the most commonly seen version of any given champion. Especially at lower levels.

There isn't enough value gained by doing this to make up for the potential confusion it would cause.

Aureate Word

05-09-2012

I thought this too but then it realized it would cause way too much confusion. There could be two similar looking champions and it would just be retarded to have to worry about something so stupid like that.

Kalafai

05-10-2012

Personally, I;ve had more confusion about which champion is near by based on that little icon not matching the skin than the other way around. Lee Sin's skins just look so different just in their headshot, it leaves me staring at the icon for a second wondering who's that.