Jungling Nocturne Tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akunamatada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Does anybody have any tips for jungling with Nocturne?, i'm used to top lane and tried extending my skills to bottom and failed miserably, but I seem to be decent with being mid, or being jungle. I seem to be having a hard time with Nocturne as well, I don't see what my problem is, but the people in my game say they deserve a better jungler, so i'll assume that i'm in the wrong and I need to learn (which I do, regardless). So does anybody have any tips they want to share to me for Nocturne?

Bliztron

05-09-2012

watch me nocturne jungler uin a good match and take tips

Purpleiswin

05-09-2012

Smite + Exhaust/Flash/Ignite

Start vamp scepter
Start either at wolves or blue.
Noct is very blue dependant for early jungling
Standing on his Q gives him more attack damage and movement speed, so use it to do more damage in the camps and to move around the jungle faster in general by doing things like shooting your q through a wall to hit the wolves and meet them halfway as they run around to get you.
get E second, if you have blue use your e on the 'big' monster (blue buff, red buff, blue wraith, big wolf, big golem) because the fear will save you from getting hit once or twice.
W gives you passive attack speed and E is more utility, so level up Q, then W, then E, ult whenever you get the chance.

Your path is either going to be Blue -> Wolves -> Wraiths -> Golems -> Red -> Recall (boots + something else if you can afford it) -> Wolves -> Wraiths -> Golems repeat repeat repeat
Once blue comes back, ask mid if they want it or if you can have it to continue jungling faster, you don't exactly neeeeed it anymore, but it makes it a lot easier because you can spam your Q a lot more.

Ward important places, watch for opportune moments to gank, and if you're feeling confident invade their jungle and steal their wraithes/golems, even ward their jungle to watch where they are.

Pre-6 ganks are meh, if your team really needs one, q from behind and then e, stick on that target and hope you burn a summoners or even get a kill

However, because his ganks are still meh, even with the fear and red buff, because he has no large gap closer until he hits 6, you're better off staying in jungle and hitting 6 as fast as possible.

Either build a wriggles off that vamp scepter or build your boots and something like Youmou's Ghostblade and get a bloodthirsters later on instead.

Once you hit 6 in jungle you can basically gank any lane because you ult and their team panics and you come out of nowhere, and you can use your q in a better position to chase longer, and use your fear on your target, w if you think you're about to get hit by an ability, because if it gets popped you get even more attack speed.

Tips for playing as Nocturne in general, try to keep your fights ontop of your trail of darkness, that movement speed and extra damage are really helpful. In a 1v1 against a lot of champs, just commit. Your passive gives you extra healing, your w and some lifesteal will keep you tankier than you look, and your q lets you hit like a brick without many items early game.
Use your Q in the direction you're running away, but try juke someone out before you use it because it has a slight moment where he stops moving, so running into a bush before using it might help too, even if they see the trail coming out.

Sorry, I tend to type long walls of text. :I

Maulkrieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

DO NOT start vamp sceptor unless you want to b early, get boots, do a clear, then gank. I've played Noct since the old jungle, and vamp sceptor worked wonders there. Gave you a quick lvl 4 and allowed you to gank near full hp while bot was still lvl 2.

However, now you need a full clear and an extra camp, and that's only if nobody leeches any exp from your jungle at the start. Its better to go armor pots to stay in jungle longer, or even counter jungle a little bit. It also allows you to show up to ganks with more than half hp early game.

Take exhaust smite. I feel it works much better for Nocturne, as it'll net you easier kills early, as well as provide just barely less of an escape as flash, since you have your w. It'll also help you win skirmishes in the jungle.

Remember that you can gank through lane if the lane is pushed just far enough for the enemy to not have view of the entrance of a lane bush top/bot. Also remember that you can gank purple top from their jungle so you can avoid wards if their tribush isn't warded. You can do the same to blue at bottom.

Although berserker grieves may look like a good idea, don't get them unless you're getting fed. I've noticed with many games that if I'm not getting kills, grieves hardly help you, where merc or tabi lets you survive in ganks during his bad transition into midgame when he's not fed.

Start QWQE. The attack speed helps you far more than the "one or two hits" that you wouldn't be taking with e. If you have a very easy gank where you can get a kill before level 4, get E at lvl 3. Max E after you max Q. If you don't, E is highly useless, as the 2 second tether makes the fear not worth it if its not leveled.

Try to anticipate when a skill will be thrown for your W. Don't jump the gun though. Take note of their cooldowns, and when they might be able to get a "clutch" CC on you to survive, or let their teammate kill/CC you.

Lastly, don't waste your ult, but don't leave it off CD all game either. If you have the ability to get to the position to gank, and nobody is being rushed, you can save it. If you're about to catch someone out of position, use it. If you need to save someone or a tower, use it. If it'll get you a doublekill bottom, use it.
But remember, ALWAYS try to get them to waste their flash before you use it. Wasting it on a mid that's slightly overextended and has flash up is a waste.

ixFuSioN

05-10-2012

Your q and passive de story through camps quick. Start cloth 5 or boots 3 and get a vamps scept b4 6 and you should do good.

Corperation

05-14-2012

Basically at level 6 Nocturne becomes a ganking monster you also force people back to their tower its a good technique to use if a lane is getting pushed hard also remember if people are near bushes they can walk into them so you cannot target them its nasty to do to nocturne. so plan your level 6 ganks wisely and use it like a tool you always don't have to get a kill but saving a tower in mid is great thing aswell. A few good things is you can Cancel TF''s ult by just clicking R when the eye comes up on you which is great. His pre 6 ganks are good in my opinon if you have somone in lane with CC or a slow you can follow up with your Q and then E to get the fear or force a flash pop which is great because then you have 190 seconds to gank him again and hopefully get a kill much easier. Nocturne is a great champion to jungle but do not make the mistake of building him a glass cannon unless your're incredibly fed what I mean by that is 4 or 5 kills by 10-15 minutes because mid-late game you can get focused very easily. your spell shield works wonders if you time it right. those are a few tips just remember your ultimate isn't always a kill it's a tool use it wisely.

SusanIsDead

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleiswin View Post
Smite + Exhaust/Flash/Ignite

Start vamp scepter
Start either at wolves or blue.
Noct is very blue dependant for early jungling
Standing on his Q gives him more attack damage and movement speed, so use it to do more damage in the camps and to move around the jungle faster in general by doing things like shooting your q through a wall to hit the wolves and meet them halfway as they run around to get you.
get E second, if you have blue use your e on the 'big' monster (blue buff, red buff, blue wraith, big wolf, big golem) because the fear will save you from getting hit once or twice.
W gives you passive attack speed and E is more utility, so level up Q, then W, then E, ult whenever you get the chance.

Your path is either going to be Blue -> Wolves -> Wraiths -> Golems -> Red -> Recall (boots + something else if you can afford it) -> Wolves -> Wraiths -> Golems repeat repeat repeat
Once blue comes back, ask mid if they want it or if you can have it to continue jungling faster, you don't exactly neeeeed it anymore, but it makes it a lot easier because you can spam your Q a lot more.

Ward important places, watch for opportune moments to gank, and if you're feeling confident invade their jungle and steal their wraithes/golems, even ward their jungle to watch where they are.

Pre-6 ganks are meh, if your team really needs one, q from behind and then e, stick on that target and hope you burn a summoners or even get a kill

However, because his ganks are still meh, even with the fear and red buff, because he has no large gap closer until he hits 6, you're better off staying in jungle and hitting 6 as fast as possible.
no, W is a must at lvl2, the AS from helps clear camps faster (combined with Q as well), and helps with his passive so he can heal more from creeps and deals some more dmg.

currently im running my jungle olaf setup on him and it works great, (no lifesteal mastery)

i go 9-21-0 masteries. (dmg reduction from minions in defense, etc.)

for runes, i grab armor pen reds, armor yellows, mr/lvl blues and MS quints, which helps me move really quick, good dmg and high sustain. i start with cloth + 5pots and only use 2-3 for full clear + wraith camp(for lvl4)

lvl4 ganks are awesome if u can land your Q or a good fear.

lvl2 ganks are pretty effective for the same reasons, especially if u can get your teammates to wake up and help you with the gank b4 the ennemy sees you coming.

Glayde

Recruiter

05-14-2012

Smite + Exhaust/Flash

Start Cloth5 or Boots3 if you're aggressive,
Start at wolves (solo)
Start with his Q (obviously), then get E at level 2 for early ganks.

Then get a leash for blue. You should finish wolves right when blue gets up. Smite blue.
Now go to Wraiths, then Red/Golems depending on your health. You should be level 4 by now.

Now, you can either gank or recall. Only recall if you have to. If not, just keep jungling until you hit around 1650 gold. (Hopefully you'll be level 6 and have at least one good gank)

On your first trip back, get Wriggles and boots. Stock up on health pots, and go back into the jungle.

Now just get the small creep camps, invade if you are brave (never invade a Mundo's jungle..unless he sucks). Ask your AP carries (Ahri, Veigar, Karthus) if they want blue. You should always get red for yourself though.

Ward the river and gank pathways (unless you have a support like Alistart or Janna, but you should still use your Wriggles for an extra ward)

Pre-6 ganks are actually extremely strong, especially with your Q and E combo. Along with your W to block stuns and increase attack speed, pre-6 ganks will help your team a lot. Just don't wait in a bush for too long. After you hit six, jungling should be a breeze. Just focusing on ganks and invading if neccesary.

Masteries: 21-9-0.

Item Sequence: Cloth5 -> Wriggle's -> Boots (Berserkers) -> Frozen Mallet -> Youmuu's -> Bloodthrister/Guardian Angel

If you get focused a lot, or aren't doing too well (squishy), you can go for a Atma's instead of Youmuus.

The Gay Explorer

07-06-2012

Use you ultimate smartly. Don't just use it every time you are ganking. If you use it when more people are overextended they may back off and give all the lanes a few more creeps. Also you HAVE to hit you Duskbringer in order to get an effective gank. Also if someone is diveable then tell your team to give you vision so you can ult in for the kill.

Nyaboron

07-06-2012

cloth armor, 2 healthpots, and a sight ward.
clear jungle with wolves,blue,wraith,red, gank.
after the gank go check your opponent's blue to reset the minimap icon
at around 6:50 place the sight ward in the blue's bush so that it can see the camp and the bush.
stay near that camp by going for another gank or clearing wraiths. when the other jungler comes to get the second blue, stay on the other side of the wall and smite it when it gets low enough. This is my favorite counterjungle because even if you're a mana hungry jungler like alistar, you can get blue and give your blue to the mage. This counter works about 9/10 as long as it's the first attempt that game at it. It works later in the game but it doesnt matter as much (even though it causes some nice butthurt).