For all who think AP YI is not viable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noctis XV

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArisatoMinat0 View Post
Lastly, Meditate heals through ignite, it is that powerful (50% reduction as compared to full health in 1.5sec)
What people fail to see is they think ignite is 100% reduced healing, and it is not.
Wrong and please read before posting. Ignite doesn't effect Meditate as much as you think, yes its a 50% reduction, but Meditate beasts through it.
Also the way you are saying it sounds to me that you believe I am initiating, fkin read the other posts before posting.

Sam Is Whoa

05-10-2012

LOL. so you can just meditate through a couple ignites and4 heavy hitters. There is no way you ever play rank or play good ppl its a joke that you actually think that works.

Noone will focus AP yi meditating in the middle of a team fight. hes useless for 5 sec which is a long time in a furious team fight. also with an under leveled support and a tank that isnt gonna burst anybody that leaves 3 DPS charac a support and a tank to utterly destroy untill you come off meditate and lose all the armor and MR from it only to be blasted to oblivion.

Noctis XV

05-10-2012

Tell me again why he will be useless for 5 seconds?
Meditate takes 1.5 sec to heal to full, after Alpha you have Lichbane proc and another Lichbane proc from E, combine that with ulti CD reset.
And again AP Yi is not the initiator, i'd like you to use a little logic before posting.
Also, you Contradicted yourself with
"LOL. so you can just meditate through a couple ignites and4 heavy hitters."
with
"Noone will focus AP yi meditating in the middle of a team fight."
so i'd like to ask, wtf you smoking?

Insípid

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reathien View Post
Because highlighting the good match where you got fed makes someone good.
I noticed the lose below it FYI.
AP yi can pubstomp noobs but against any halfway decent player he is useless....he has a slight advantage of a 1:1 ap ratio early game but beyond that all he can do is Q-W and hope he doesn't get interrupted till his Alpha strike is off CD.
yea its a loss, but its 4/2 its not like he fed, what if 2 members dced and didnt come bak, what if 2 ppl fed, or what if every1 wanted to surrender except him. You're just plain stupid, come bak and try again. And to solve his problem...CDR CDR CDR. blue buff blue buff blue buff. And if you're really smart, you'd build a hextech and maybe a guinsoo's for a little extra AD to go along with your ult. and you can build a DFG and use that active along with hextech for a few more nukes. Now tell me it wont work and tell me to go screw myself cuz im noob. Tell me building him like AP sion isnt effective if not more.

Noctis XV

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspiredKill View Post
yea its a loss, but its 4/2 its not like he fed, what if 2 members dced and didnt come bak, what if 2 ppl fed, or what if every1 wanted to surrender except him. You're just plain stupid, come bak and try again. And to solve his problem...CDR CDR CDR. blue buff blue buff blue buff. And if you're really smart, you'd build a hextech and maybe a guinsoo's for a little extra AD to go along with your ult. and you can build a DFG and use that active along with hextech for a few more nukes. Now tell me it wont work and tell me to go screw myself cuz im noob. Tell me building him like AP sion isnt effective if not more.
^ This thank you and it was already said that there was a literal intentionally feeding soraka on the team that we had to leave

Insípid

05-10-2012

Also, if AP yi wasn't viable, why does riot offer him to be that way. Riot obviously scaled him to go two different directions. And if he were made to have AP, then let him have AP. Its called a challenge. Instead of complaining like some meta sheep that you are and always wanna play the game the boring way or the "mainstream way", try saying these two words for once, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

XeroSprite

05-10-2012

I just tried making Yi an AP in a full on custom Bot Match, here are the results:

As I started the match, I chose Meki Pendant first, and went to top, had Exhaust and Ignite as my spells.

Minions were summoned and I was Laned against Leona, and Miss Fortune.

After the first 10 minutes, I managed to get Sorcerer's Shoes, Tear of Goddess, and Blasting Wand, I think I had 3-0 KDR at that time, and I was level 6, so I had ult on.

I began to gank mid myself and kill Nasus, not a hard kill either.

By the time it was 15 minutes in, I was decked with Archangel's Staff, Sorcerer's Shoes, Wit's End, and Hextech Revolver, I was 20-2(?) and I was getting doubles and triples.

Relentlessly, I kept fighting against them and eventually I was inside their base, killing them, their turrets were still up too.

At the end, I scored 47-5 with the biggest kill spree of 17, and had Archangel's Staff, Sorcerer's Shoes, Wit's End, and Hextech Gunblade, Guardian Angel and Nashor's Tooth.

Some things I've noticed is that with AP, Yi gets a massive boost on Alpha Strike, and Meditate are the skills rely on to kill other champions, Alpha strike is not incredibly enhanced, so I still advise you to get something with a little more attack speed, or use Surge to help you. You're not invincible, don't go Baron, you don't even need it unless you and your team know what your doing and want to end it quickly as possible and their team mates are stubborn and don't want to surrender.

AP Yi is OP, if you become fed and you're a AP Yi, you will win. AP Yi is viable is you're SMART, if you are not smart, TOUGH. LUCK.

Too long; Didn't read?:
AP Yi is OP Yi. Fed Yi is OP Yi.

Wanna beat him?

Slow him down, and get a good amount of Magic Resist and Magic Pent, he's going to meditate a lot, and he gets his health up all the way if undisturbed. Stay away from minions and don't latch onto the turret, the minions get near your turret, meaning Yi is going to get near YOU. Ganking is the way to go against him too.

Ismokenoobs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

AP Yi hurst team comp. AP yi takes all the kills ( usually not that many) becoming a minor threat because of his single ability combo ( alpha strike) then falls off extremely hard and has no use other then healing ( hoping that the whole other team targets him) or running around fast. If your gunna go Yi might well go for a build that allows for a great backdoor AKA AD. for XeroSprite great job you killed bots 47 times not that impressive I can promise you most champs in a custom game can kill bots get fed fast and stack 50+ kills. AP Yi is a joke

Noctis XV

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismokenoobs View Post
AP Yi hurst team comp. AP yi takes all the kills ( usually not that many) becoming a minor threat because of his single ability combo ( alpha strike) then falls off extremely hard and has no use other then healing ( hoping that the whole other team targets him) or running around fast. If your gunna go Yi might well go for a build that allows for a great backdoor AKA AD. for XeroSprite great job you killed bots 47 times not that impressive I can promise you most champs in a custom game can kill bots get fed fast and stack 50+ kills. AP Yi is a joke
if you saw the picture I have 17 kills there, also your not including Lichbane, DFG, and E for lichbane as well as CD reset. By the way AP yi backdoors JUST as well as AD Yi with lichbane procs destroying towers in 2-3 hits. You do not know what you are talking about, and also you have not read the other posts before posting here. Read please.

Noctis XV

05-14-2012

Bump, new image on OP