For all who think AP YI is not viable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slashinghardest

05-10-2012

Ahouls get a hourglass so if your interrupted before youe meditate ends and your alpha strike is ogf cd you don't get ****ed.

Dumbledoh

05-10-2012

You can always tell someone is going to have a link to screen shot of an isolated incident when the title begins with "For all those who think _____ isn't _____."

Sephrinx

05-10-2012

You need to use W more.
Only 2300 healing done? Pfff...

ChubbyFrank

05-10-2012

I like ap yi, i hate people that go ap ashe thou, total troll build, only that ult does more....

Noctis XV

05-10-2012

First, 2300 healing done i'm sure it doesn't count meditate as that is just using meditate once. Also it isnt just Q and W, E is worth using for lichbane proc doubling damage before another Q.
Also, if you noticed the YI loss was due to obvious troll soraka who intentionally fed and we surrendered. (I am still running positive in this game)
Lastly, Meditate heals through ignite, it is that powerful (50% reduction as compared to full health in 1.5sec)
What people fail to see is they think ignite is 100% reduced healing, and it is not.

Pheoniix

05-10-2012

pray the team doesn't have stun or silence that's all I gotta say, ap yi that can't meditate is useless in a team fight

Noctis XV

05-10-2012

That is why (as I said earlier) He should be played as a cleanup. with one champ at 40% Q and lichbane is insta kill and also untargetable. He will continue to be untargetable from that point on with the CD reset and Q spam.

Sam Is Whoa

05-10-2012

1. Normal game
2.You pub stomped a bad set of players and..........Ive gone 21/3/12 in a rank game as rumble I dont post like ppl care.
3.AP yi is not a team player.
Step 1 - let team fight ensue
Step 2 - Wait till team gets enemy low while you hide and then your team dies
Step 3 - Alpha strike in and get triple kill
Step 4 - Ult away and meditate in hiding while your team rages that your a ******

Noctis XV

05-10-2012

You don't have to ult away, they are all dead. Also, you don't have to hide to meditate, it heals through all damage meaning you can sit on their face and use. it if the enemy team is targeting yi while he is healing, your team is winning the fight. (25k damage received, 3 deaths) And no, He is a VERY great and reliable team player after Lichbane and can even initiate fights taking on the rolls of initiator, heal through all damage, and spreads 7k damage each time he uses Q, that seems like a legit teamplayer to me. Not to mention if you have a tanky initiator like Malphite, AP Yi combos VERY well with his ult.
It is a normal game, and I didn't do well because they were "bad players" He can be played well every game.

Sam Is Whoa

05-10-2012

no they were bad. They obviously didnt have ignite or a player that knew how to build an executioners. alpha in and try to heal through dmg while being ignited and hit with an executioners you get dominated.

the team you played is not good. AP yi is too easily countered with silences ignite and executioners.