Why does matchmaking....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoldenTakeshi

05-09-2012

Why does matchmaking constantly put me with new-to-ranked players?

I'm very curious how matchmaking (in ranked) works exactly. I've got over 300 wins in ranked and I keep noticing that the game is consistently putting me with people with 0-75 wins in ranked.

Does matchmaking go off of pure ELO? Or does it add more to add balance for people with high wins and low wins?

My last game I had one player who it was his FIRST ranked game ever, another with 34 wins, one with 73 wins, and finally the only decent other player on the team had over 200 wins.

Does ranked MM try to make it so inexperienced are put with experienced players? Or is it just coincidence that I am constantly being put with 1 high # of wins player and 3 extremely low # of wins players?

Is there any info on how exactly matchmaking works?

At least if I know that I'll be put with such inexperienced players often, I can go into it expecting (or not expecting) certain things.

Mr SlaM Boddies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Sadly when some1 with highs ranks do DUO with another with low wins the matchmaking do this:
Your wins+the other players wins in ur team = to the enemy same wins in totally... so if u duo with a noob all wins counts... and matchmaking count every win and random the teams in balance to get the same totally wins in each team.. i think it hard and i think matchmaking do that...

ikandee

05-09-2012

The matchmaking in this game is pretty poorly designeed imo.
I was playing a ranked game (done like 200 games but only won about 110 at the time) and we eventually lost the game. Afterwards in the lobby i looked at the teams, I had the highest wins in my team and all the rest of them literally ( im being 100% serious) had about 20-30 wins. None higher, none lower. I looked at their team and only one of them had about 20 wins. One had 700, one had 430ish, one had 200 and something and one had about equal wins to me. It was no wonder in the game my team got destroyed. It really is a pathetic matchmaking system. Honestly I rather prefer the WoW one which is based on how well you do. It gives you an estimate of rating as to how good you are and teams you up against those people.
I mean Season 3 LoL I honestly hope to see, 1. A newly designed matchmaking system 2. A differently designed ranked system. The build up system in WoW worked best where you start at 0 (unless it was the start of the season) and slowly gained more and more rating. Starting at like 1000 and then either going up or down just creates a train wreck (elo hell lol). and 3. Better beta testing, i mean seriously, champs come out as either OP or UP and it makes you wonder whether or not they even properly tested them.
Ragedonenowkthnxbai.

Mr SlaM Boddies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

I hope someday Riot implant votekick in picks... for normals and ranked games...

Sephrinx

05-10-2012

Matchmaking is horrible in every aspect, thus, I have given up.
D3 ETA ~ 2 days