Rant about Report Abuse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PianiParty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Literally every single game, a teammate or enemy will threaten to report somebody.

Died once? Your teammate, 0-6 Sion, says "report for feeding"
Urgot doesn't want bot lane? One teammate reports for trolling, other reports for refusing to communicate.

It's getting pretty annoying. I would suggest that there be some penalty for false reports. Perhaps make people pay IP to report somebody, if they report correctly, they gain IP, if they report incorrectly, they lose the amount they paid. Or, give report system abusers a warning.

Sentient23

05-09-2012

i dont worry about over half of the people that threaten to report me, because first, im not really doing anything wrong. and second, their report value diminishes over time and you can be almost 100% sure that those people report report report all the time.

Digressed

05-09-2012

aahhhhh its halo 2 all over but this time they dont claim there dads work here hahahaha

PianiParty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2012

lol, it's still annoying

KnightxSScarlett

05-20-2012

False cases don't get banned. It's that simple. Let them report you all they want.

Jiggly Johnson

05-20-2012

honestly almost every game some one is violating the summoners code of conduct. so everygame you hear the 'report such and such' being spout, is just a reaction to the fact, people don't follow the summoner's code of conduct.

for example. many times someone would turret dive die then, call their innocent partner harassing names like 'noob' or '******'. He is letting his emotions get the best of him and harassing someone, thus harassing. Thus not following the summoner's code of conduct. In that case his partner rightfully can let him know he is being reported for the harassment. He can kindly ask that the name calling stop, and if it don't then i don't see why this person should not be banned.

FatMii

05-20-2012

Just mute the whole team so you won't even know if you are being threatened to be reported

CounterSnipe

05-20-2012

The report system is really there to eliminate negative influences on the gaming population. It's more to weed out the people who constantly harass everyone in the game either verbally or by feeding.

If someone reports an individual for intentionally feeding, and that person has a record of 0/2/5 in the game, this number shows up in the tribunal so the people voting on the cases can judge if the claim against the player was valid or not.

If I were you I would not worry about it.

Lakitu

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMii View Post
Just mute the whole team so you won't even know if you are being threatened to be reported
+1. This is what I usually do after the first outbreak from a teammate. I find it easier to play without possible verbal abuse and discouragement from playing my best.

Starsourced

05-20-2012

Ive only reported someone once and that was when this guy intentionally fed because i used smite when i jungled with ww. That was the first and only time ive ever gotten pissed off enough to report some1