Varus - Creative Design Ask Me Anything

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

05-09-2012

Karma is the Enlightened One, and she is important in Ionia.

What does Karma think of Varus? Can her incredible skills possibly separate Varus from his Corruption?

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Karma is the Enlightened One, and she is important in Ionia.

What does Karma think of Varus? Can her incredible skills possibly separate Varus from his Corruption?
Even if she could, would Varus really want her to? He gave himself fully to the Corruption since he has nothing left to live for.

Zerglinator

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngels View Post
Even if she could, would Varus really want her to? He gave himself fully to the Corruption since he has nothing left to live for.
I don't think Varus would want to, but Karma might want to. Just asking questions here. I like Lore Discussion.

Healingmonk

05-09-2012

how is varus good?he has no way to get out of battle and he is so weak.what kind of utility does he have? Streamers say hes terrible for ad carry and the worst.thing thats funny that his ulmate is bugged still.he does look cool thats why i like him.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
I don't think Varus would want to, but Karma might want to. Just asking questions here. I like Lore Discussion.
So do I, and I'd love to hear the answer. I wonder if Varus had the Corruption taken from him if he would stay on the Fields fighting like a Hawkeye or something...

Best Lolicon NA

05-09-2012

why is Varus on borrowed time? is the rental time for those pants almost up?

Arance

05-09-2012

This is a bit more on the visual design, but why does his bow have a hard, almost crystalline form? After seeing the preview and lore I was expecting/hoping for a more... undefined, impermeable, even liquid form.

Feneroe

05-09-2012

What exactly is the corruption that is consuming Varus?

Stexe

Adjudicator

05-09-2012

Skribbles! Somehow I always knew you were the man behind the awesomeness that is Varus!

I'm curious to know where the overall concept came from -- and what is with his "pants"? Also, how did you come up with the name Varus?

Not sure if you can answer this one, but any plans in the future for further collaboration between outside sources (like you did with Penny Arcade)? It really brought something different and refreshing to the table.

Eph289

05-09-2012

The line you guys put in his lore "incomparable skill with the bow" . . .

I'm guessing this is an implication that he's the best in that part of Ionia or all of Ionia and NOT an assertion that Varus has more raw skills than Ashe/Vayne/Twitch, right?

RIGHT?

Also, if you can speak to this, why is Varus so aesthetically different from all of the other Ionians we've seen, who if human generally have an Asian appearance? Varus is pretty pale and his general face looks much more Caucasian than Asiatic.

12345612 ... 14