[Champ Suggestion] Faust, the Merchant of Death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Script Lord

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
Passives are tough. Really tough. =(

I'd have to brainstorm on it for a bit, but the first thing that comes to mind is maybe something along the lines of a two-sided passive to cater to each side of the kit.

Example;

When not in "ultimate form" (while Meph is not active) Faust gains "Stat X".

When in "ultimate form" (Meph is active) Faust gains "Stat Y".

Really the nature of each stat would be up to you in terms of what fits best, but I think that it's a direction to start looking in.

To give it another sense of dimension, perhaps each passive could be a risk/reward approach. For example, while not using his ultimate, Faust has above-average base health but slightly lower ability power. While using his ult, Faust sacrifices some of that health in order to give Meph's specter more ability power. It's a give/take system that would create interesting choices in itemization and strategy.

After all....

"Nothing comes cheap, just so you know....." =)
Hmm, while I'm not completely opposed to this idea, I'm concerned about how it'd work?

Other than this, you don't have a beter idea?

Taria05

07-31-2012

1. The mechanic behind his Q is questionible, sure it will stun the last champion it hits, but how does it know who's last? Is it an instant projectile? Does it simply stun the last person once the particle fades? And even once that's decided there's balance considerations to be made afterwards.

2. his ultimate sounds clunky and ineffective. Who wants to lose control of their champion in the middle of a teamfight or be forced to rapidly switch back and forth? The most this could be used fo in it's current state is as a scout/assassin, an extra AA, or a laning harass. Perhaps if it cast spells at the same time as your champion, much like gliterlance on lulu, it would be more likeable.

Script Lord

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taria05 View Post
1. The mechanic behind his Q is questionible, sure it will stun the last champion it hits, but how does it know who's last? Is it an instant projectile? Does it simply stun the last person once the particle fades? And even once that's decided there's balance considerations to be made afterwards.

2. his ultimate sounds clunky and ineffective. Who wants to lose control of their champion in the middle of a teamfight or be forced to rapidly switch back and forth? The most this could be used fo in it's current state is as a scout/assassin, an extra AA, or a laning harass. Perhaps if it cast spells at the same time as your champion, much like gliterlance on lulu, it would be more likeable.
1. I'll be fixing his Q when I overhaul his kit. It's not a major thing, but I've decided to have Faust utilize various Relics he sells in his abilities.

2. It's not necessarily losing control of the champion so much as unleashing an controllable Pet (Malzahar can create Voidlings as pets). Mephistopheles, when released, functions much like one of those pets, automatically attacking enemies closest to Faust when not directly commanded. He functions similar to Shaco's Hallucinate clone and Annie's Tibbers.

Script Lord

08-01-2012

Okay, well, I overhauled Faust's kit.

His Q is a cannon that shoots fiery shells that explode, dealing burst damage, and then dealing fire damage over time.

His W is the same shield, though now it's a lightning shield.

His E is a dark gauntlet that he uses like a claw, slashing at enemies as he zig-zags away.

Still haven't figured out a viable passive for him, but I'll get it. Also, NEW ICONS!

Zoophagous

08-01-2012

I like this champion. he seems well balanced and I enjoy the flair an otherworldly merchant would bring to the league. Nice champ.

Ask the Herald

08-01-2012

Script Lord

08-02-2012

Faust: "Oh dear, it seems that nobody would like to evaluate my potential. Then again, it is rather incomplete...."

Ask the Herald

08-02-2012

Script Lord

08-04-2012

Faust: "Oh dear, it seems I haven't had any customers. Perhaps I really do need a suitable 'Passive', as they say."

Script Lord

08-06-2012

Faust: "Business is just so darn slow. I wish my Summoner would fix my (Passive) already..."