[Champ Suggestion] Faust, the Merchant of Death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Barn Owl

07-28-2012

Buff his W by a lot. Good idea

Ask the Herald

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapeacat View Post
Buff his W by a lot. Good idea
Wha?

Script Lord

07-29-2012

Bump

Script Lord

07-29-2012

Bump

Script Lord

07-29-2012

Bump

Script Lord

07-30-2012

BUmp

Script Lord

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
The individual ideas are pretty solid, but it doesn't quite tie together. His backstory focuses pretty heavily on his career as a dealer of arcane wares, but the abilities are all based on "shadow." Understandable, since Meph is the Lord of Shadow, but I think it could be interesting to see some of Faust's devious wares come into play. Otherwise mentioning them in the lore seems kind of like a tease.

My suggestion is split the kit in half, and have the ultimate switch between the two. Faust's basic abilities make use of a selection of armaments; (Q could be some type of black magic cannon, W a dark shield generator, E an enchanted gauntlet, - just ideas,) and then his ult would unlock the true power of the contract, giving Faust access to Meph's specter and all the abilities thereof.

This wouldn't require the alteration of any of the principle kit mechanics, really; just reword it so that the first set of abilities works off of Faust's arcane weapons and the other is more directly linked to his even darker secret (the summoning of Mephistopheles himself.) That way you have a direct representation of both sides of the character. Just to give him a little more depth.
Hey, I'm working on this now, and I can easily tweak Faust's original abilties to utilize various relics, but my only issue is his Passive ability, as is it won't make any sense for his kit. So could ya maybe suggest something about it?

Script Lord

07-31-2012

Bump

Poeta Somnium

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
Hey, I'm working on this now, and I can easily tweak Faust's original abilties to utilize various relics, but my only issue is his Passive ability, as is it won't make any sense for his kit. So could ya maybe suggest something about it?
Passives are tough. Really tough. =(

I'd have to brainstorm on it for a bit, but the first thing that comes to mind is maybe something along the lines of a two-sided passive to cater to each side of the kit.

Example;

When not in "ultimate form" (while Meph is not active) Faust gains "Stat X".

When in "ultimate form" (Meph is active) Faust gains "Stat Y".

Really the nature of each stat would be up to you in terms of what fits best, but I think that it's a direction to start looking in.

To give it another sense of dimension, perhaps each passive could be a risk/reward approach. For example, while not using his ultimate, Faust has above-average base health but slightly lower ability power. While using his ult, Faust sacrifices some of that health in order to give Meph's specter more ability power. It's a give/take system that would create interesting choices in itemization and strategy.

After all....

"Nothing comes cheap, just so you know....." =)

Ask the Herald

07-31-2012