Are there best in slot runes for each role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Umbrarumque

05-09-2012

I've been getting conflicting reports of what runes are best for different roles, kinds of runes, and different champs. I'm sure there are exceptions for certain champs, but IN GENERAL are there best in slot runes for:
AP
AD
Tank
Support
or Jungle?

UnholySloth

05-10-2012

Im not sure if you want the best runes for those roles or what roles you should have for your pages. So I'll answer both.

AP- Magic Pen. Reds
Mana Regen Yellows
Magic Resist, AP Blues
AP Quints

AD- Armour Pen., Attack Damage Reds
Armour Yellows
Magic Resist Per lvl Blues
Armour Pen., Attack Damage Quints

Tank- Armour Pen. Reds (If you want to be more tankier you can go armor or Magic Resist reds)
Amour Yellows
Magic Resist Blues
Health Quints

Support- Magic Pen. Reds
Armour, Mana Regen Yellows
Magic Resist, AP Blues
Gold per 5, Health, AP, Movement Speed Quints

Jungle- 3x Attack speed, 6x Armour Pen. Reds
Armour Yellows (Always)
Magic Resist per lvl (your choice buts its probably the best)
Amour Pen. Attack Damage, Movement Speed Quints

Having AP and AD would be the best to have for your pages, if you have a third have it as Tank, use AD for jungle and AP or Tank for support.

UnholySloth

05-10-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...and-more-24255

A helpful guide about runes.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

Aside from support, what you posted isn't bad. Support should not be running magic pen red or AP quints. Magic pen reds is situational, but rarely if ever should you use AP quints.

UnholySloth

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElf View Post
Aside from support, what you posted isn't bad. Support should not be running magic pen red or AP quints. Magic pen reds is situational, but rarely if ever should you use AP quints.
i would never use AP quints on Support but if someone doesn't have GP5 or movement speed that AP quints would be the next best thing. And with Magic Pen. I think its helpful if you're poking at the enemy team.