Why elo hell does not exist and why that is good

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrinTheRed

12-23-2012

And what about the poor players who main support? Far to often you get a sheisty ADC, or even if you get a reasonably competent one the other lanes seem to lack. It is very VERY difficult to carry a game as support. Most of the time you just end up along for the ride. What i would like to see is a queue system that lets people queue for specific roles. That would solve a lot of the infighting that occurs in the lower brackets. More often then anything else I see people screaming and typing like lunatics what role they want. Spamming things like, MID MID MID MID TOP TOP JUNGLE MID ADC. Then all hell breaks loose.

With a system that lets you queue for a specific role i believe it would alleviate a lot of the current issues with trolls. Being that most trolls only do so because they didn't get the slot they wanted.

Sure mid laners and ADC and top might have to wait a little longer. But hey! If that's the role that they ABSOLUTELY must play because they haven't bothered learning the other lanes. Then that's the price they pay to play that lane.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-23-2012

If you're a 1500 Elo support, but you're stuck at 1000 Elo, then you have...

1000 Elo top vs 1000 Elo top
1000 Elo jungle vs 1000 Elo jungle
1000 Elo mid vs 1000 Elo mid
1000 Elo ADC vs 1000 Elo ADC
1500 Elo support vs 1000 Elo support

And you're telling me your team doesn't have an advantage?

Disgruntler

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
1500 Elo support vs 1000 Elo support

And you're telling me your team doesn't have an advantage?

This.

You're in the strongest position to ensure your bot lane dominates. Once bot lane dominates, you are capable of helping other lanes. Your warding and assisting will make your jungler safer and will enable counterjungling and counterganking like a boss.

In this scenario, you're in a great place, because you can turn around two lanes and the jungler, and make all of them better.

And if you can make three lanes win, then you've got a strong end game and will probably win.

One way to win more is to lose the mentality that k/d/a is what matters. It doesn't.

Having the strongest position in team fights does. It's not really about winning your lane, it's about coming out of laning the strongest. If you don't, then start farming hard and get back into it. If you ARE the strongest position, then USE that strength to make other lanes the strongest. Don't just go in and take cs and knock the tower down... and then complain they aren't in it. FEED your mid laner a kill or two. GET them back in the game. FEED your carry kills. Get THEM in it. Get dragons for more gold. Be aggressive in getting EVERYONE money, not just yourself.

If you go 20/x/0, but your carries went 3/x/6, you're not actually carrying your team. A team with multiple threats is a stronger force than a team with one BIG threat. You never want to be in the position where a single target stun destroys your team fight.

Garen Cosplay

12-23-2012

Agree with this completely, if I may put this in words from a ''professional player'' you could call him I forget who said this but I remember it, he said '' Solo queue is not about bettering your team, its about bettering yourself as a player.'' Close enough i believe xD But yes good points

Krypteria

12-23-2012

After my 11 losing streak was broke i actually began to win on average a lot more games i recently went on a 5 winning streak which was broken by 1 lose but that was caused by 2 people on my team that had to leave to go Christmas shopping -.- but straight after that i won 2 more games and iv been going on streaks like that after my experience with so called "Elo hell" the games do get better, the people do get better its just a point of improving yourself and your ability to get to that point, you do still get 1 or 2 bad players in your game occasionally but its not there fault you lose if you don't help them and guide them ( If there a straight of troll that different ) that's what i wasn't doing, that was my flaw and i corrected that flaw and the result turned out positive. There's no use in blaming your team for the loss when your on 20/2/5 and your showing no sign's/ Acts of leadership, you know your champions limits in this you should also know your teams limits (What they can/cant do) if you think your team can handle a team fight or baron ect.. go for it by all means but in my experience of "Elo hell" i learned to notice my flaws, my mistakes, my limits and in this it made me an overall better player