My first 10 ranked games (Possible QQ warning)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SS American Star

05-08-2012

So, I'm sitting here in my English class. Instead of working on my assignment, I find myself reflecting on the 10 or so ranked games I've played since hitting level 30 a few days ago.

1 win, 9 losses. Most of them as Ahri, with whom I have a lot of experience and consider myself procifient with. When it comes to soloing mid, I'm good. I always come out on top of my opponent early game.

We've had a couple of idiots, (super lag, afk, feeding, etc) but so have a few other teams. So I can't blame them for my ELO. I feel my problem is team fights. Mainly unintential fights. Ganks. When a few of my teammates are 2v3, on the other side of the map for example. I usually I panic for 2 seconds, and then either continue farming or rush over there to arrive just after my team is mowed down by a fed Sion with bloodthirster, who promptly kills me next.

Something that works for me 1v1 or mid. I like to spirit rush to close distance RIGHT next to a target, then charm, fox-fire and orb. Usually a very quick death.

Herp derp that doesn't work in teamfights! I try to isolate players with charm for my team. But I find myself taking a lot of damage. To solve this I've tried to play less aggressively... but I feel guilty not helping, and now get a lot of "derp ahri no halp!"

I'm trying to learn more champs. I can do cass and ahri pretty comfortably. I'm "okay" at Jax, if needed. I don't know how to play any tank (actually just bought my first tank today, Maokai). Trying to learn and try that. I'd also like to try Sona/support.

I intend to play a lot more unranked now. Meh. :s

Ultimax1010

05-08-2012

i noticed that a lot in the beginning with ahri too and I did not think she was too good of a char at first.

But once you get used to her distance, youll know how to go over walls and kill carry and go back over walls as quick as possible. In team fights you have to play like your a carry just kite and use ur Q and W. Shes a kiting champion so stick with that. The reason shes so great is that she is so hard to kill, and she wants to be focused. Half the team would be focusing ahri while the other half the ad carry, and sometimes one idiot focusing tank, anyways thats not the point. Most likely you will bait one or 2 guys to chase you while they cant kill you and you are doing damage as you are running.

If you can't help but try to dash in to kill the carry its simple, after your hextech and rylais go straight for a QSS or hourglass. Either one works get in there quick do ur think and get out as fast as possible using those items. With hextech revolver and rylais you have enough ap to seriously burst the carry (with ignite) to make him either run away from battle or kill him. And with the survivability you get out of a lot of situations so long as your good with hourglass and QSS

My ahri is 17--4 in ranked and Im in the 1600's so its worked for me so far.

Moogra2u

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

Another main issue is that you don't farm. Ahri is not very good without farm and even if you get 3 kills in 10 minutes and no farm, the time it took you to get 3 kills, the other mid might be ahead just because of the pure cs. Mid and bot (ad) should have at least 100 cs by 20 minutes. If not, then it's a bad game and you'll probably lose (at least this happens to me). Only time I don't have 100 cs as mid and bot is when I'm getting destroyed mid or if I'm sharing farm bot since it's a casual normal game. I can still manage easily 100 cs by 20 minutes bot though if we play by the meta even if I'm like 0-4.

J of Hearts

05-08-2012

Don't feel bad staying out of the battle zone. You should only initiate the fight if you can survive the first few seconds. Otherwise, let some one else do it, then go in and smash all the buttons, then back off and go back in if cooldowns are off. That's just what most AP casters do. It's not like you're Olaf or something.

Shoopman

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Breeze View Post
since hitting level 30 a few days ago.
Well there's your problem.

SS American Star

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
Well there's your problem.

lawl. :0

Thanks for your input everyone. I'm trying out new champs. I'm also leveling up from 1 again on a different account without using any XP boosts. So. Will report back after I reach level 30... again. o_o

Deonic

05-09-2012

Thats such a bad idea do it all over again you should stick with this character and to practice at normals get full runes and try any build you can find. Don't go down again you will play against total noobs and own them but your skill level will drop remember the better players you play the better you became. Streams help to just look through if someone is playing ahri and try learning from there gameplay. Well thats what i would do if i were you. Good luck to you

gvaness

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Breeze View Post
lawl. :0

Thanks for your input everyone. I'm trying out new champs. I'm also leveling up from 1 again on a different account without using any XP boosts. So. Will report back after I reach level 30... again. o_o
I see people do this and don't get why. (I am on my way to 30, no way I'm crawling through this mess again)

Am I missing something? Can't you play normals at 30 with your rune set and get a better feel for stuff? Seems like the first 10-15 levels aren't teaching you much other than how to stomp on people that don't know how to play well yet.

SS American Star

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvaness View Post
Seems like the first 10-15 levels aren't teaching you much other than how to stomp on people that don't know how to play well yet.
Maybe I played against other alts, but I played a game today at level 2 and my team was proficient. There was a derpy Talon on the other team, but other then that.... everyone called MIAs, we had a jungler. The team even leashed and guarded jungle. :s

Weeeeird. But yeah. I feel like I got rushed through to 30. And was mainly carried. You're right that playing 5v5 at level 30 is probably the best way to learn.. but if I ruin the experience for my team, that's no fun.

BlindingRain

Senior Recruiter

05-09-2012

Step 1) there is no elo hell
Step 2) there is no elo hell
Step 3) Put on headphones and play your favorite music at 30% while running league
Step 4) Play 25 games
Step 5) Check your profile
Step 6) + or - 100 elo and this is your range of awesomeness. Unless you won those 25 games without 1 loss, this is your actual range.
Step 7) Mad at this elo you are at? Blame everyone. Blame the jungle first, then blame mid because he didnt r... oh wait you were mid, dont blame mid.