Who would win in an archery contest?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

05-08-2012

Hmm... The two would undoubtably be an even match, both of them having uncanny skill with the bow. Varus seems to be the older of the pair, and likely has a record of being an incredibly skilled warrior on his own right. Otherwise, he would have never stood up against the Noxian shock force. Ashe may be a bit younger, but she's also had to use that bow to protect herself in Freljord. She learned how to use a bow out of necessity to protect her self and her country, much like Varus did.

A clear cut winner would be difficult to decide.

Ask KingTryndame

05-08-2012

Of course Ashe would win, how could this even be called into question.

The last Troll

05-08-2012

The civilized rat would stealth snipe and fade away, into the night.

Panzerjaeger

05-08-2012

The answer is always Karthus

Ask Queen Ashe

05-08-2012

Obviously I would.

Varus may have been the best marksman in Ionia, but Ionia is not Valoraan. My arrows are enchanted with the winds of the icy north. I can hit multiple targets with one arrow and I have never lost a marksmanship contest with a bow. (Guns are a different story...)

He may have once been a wonderful marksman that could have been a good competitor... but his corruption runs deep. It taints his bow and his ideals. Varus... is a lost soul who was once a wonderful archer, but to me is nothing more than a brigand with two sticks tied together in the shape of a bow.

His drive for vengeance will be his downfall. His focus will be cast aside. And in the end... he will fall.

-Queen Ashe of Freljord

Mädchen

05-09-2012

I'm leaning more towards Ashe than Varus, simply for pure marksmanship. Ashe is clearly a long-shot-style archer skilled with a long bow. A classic William Tell, Robin Hood-esque archer of no small renown.

Varus, comparatively, feels more like an apex predator. His weapon is a bow only because that's what he kills best with. He has no patience for longer shots, why waste time like that when you can just get closer and blight them? He seems more like a twitch-shooter, compared to Ashe.

I think Ashe would win in raw distance for sharp-shooting, though I'd like to see how well the two of them handle, say, a swarm of clay pigeons, points deducted for every missed arrow to disallow spamming.

BaronFingerCrush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Obviously Queen would have won.

Princess Sivir

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdchen View Post
I'm leaning more towards Ashe than Varus, simply for pure marksmanship. Ashe is clearly a long-shot-style archer skilled with a long bow. A classic William Tell, Robin Hood-esque archer of no small renown.

Varus, comparatively, feels more like an apex predator. His weapon is a bow only because that's what he kills best with. He has no patience for longer shots, why waste time like that when you can just get closer and blight them? He seems more like a twitch-shooter, compared to Ashe.

I think Ashe would win in raw distance for sharp-shooting, though I'd like to see how well the two of them handle, say, a swarm of clay pigeons, points deducted for every missed arrow to disallow spamming.
Well Ashe can hit 5 birds with a single arrow.

Ask the Monkey

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Svir View Post
Well Ashe can hit 5 birds with a single arrow.
But can she hit 5 arrows with a single bird?
Sorry, but Galio and Anivia win.

Princess Sivir

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Monkey View Post
But can she hit 5 arrows with a single bird?
Sorry, but Galio and Anivia win.
It is probally do able though. Hmm.