Ask Heimerdinger

12345612 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorableGeneral

05-07-2012

Professor,

What is the highest mathematics course you have ever formally taken? To be specific, have you ever actually attended a school? If so, where?

Ask Ezreal

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askheimerdinger View Post
To quote the crude vernacular, "it will be ready when its ready."
I guess patience is a virtue, I will wait for now. Do we have any test subjects for the first firing? If not I will go find some.

Askheimerdinger

05-07-2012

Quote:
Heimerdinger,
What is your breakfast of Champions? And I have a second... How did you get your hair so....Bushy?

-Grey
In order to start the day, there is nothing better than food which provides mental energy and fortitude, such as Fragaria ananassa, Musa acuminata, and members of the Scombridae family, in addition to good old dihydrogen monoxide!

Er...thats bananas, strawberries, and tuna fish with a glass of water. "Brain food," As it were.

To the second question, I have invented a hextech self-automated barber chair for my personal use, as other hair care professionals, with respect to their skills, cannot adequately maintain my unique scalp. Being designed to my specifications, it gives me just the right amount of bounce required for a yordle of my scientific stature.

Quote:
Professor,

What is the highest mathematics course you have ever formally taken? To be specific, have you ever actually attended a school? If so, where?
The highest mathematics course I have formally taken was entitled "Advanced Theoretical Hexmatics," which I still remember fondly. My initial education was at Bandle City Institute, where I was awarded valedictorian status and given my degree (the first of many) in Magically Applied Sciences, this being before the term "techmaturgy" was coined by myself.

Quote:
I guess patience is a virtue, I will wait for now. Do we have any test subjects for the first firing? If not I will go find some.
Certainly not! Trial runs are performed with techmaturgical-organic dummies. I would shudder to think of the consequences of live firing at this critical stage!

...unless perhaps it were one of those Zaunite bureaucrats. hmhm.

Ask Ezreal

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askheimerdinger View Post
Certainly not! Trial runs are performed with techmaturgical-organic dummies. I would shudder to think of the consequences of live firing at this critical stage!

...unless perhaps it were one of those Zaunite bureaucrats. hmhm.
I'd prefer a Noxian, but that's just me. Any takers? Talon? No? Ok, I guess the dummies will work.

The last Troll

05-08-2012

Why cant you make more turrets on the fields of justice?

The Cryophoenix

05-08-2012

It is good to speak to you again great Inventor. I have lived to see many civilizations rise and fall, and I have witnessed many brilliant minds on my home world such as yourself, but I know they are few and far between. I have seen the technological progress of several dozen civilizations, and can't help but wonder how far forward you and your university will propel the people of this world in your lifetime.

Now that we have pleasantries out of the way, I wonder; do you find any equally brilliant minds in the Institute itself? Do you see any fellow champions as someone you can hold an intellectual debate with, should you ever seek it? Do you ever seek a second opinion from another like-mind of potential theory's?

Askheimerdinger

05-08-2012

Quote:
Why cant you make more turrets on the fields of justice?
To put it simply, I only have so many techmaturgical nanobots that are able to configure into the H-28G model at one time.

While it is true that at one time I was capable of devoting more of my nanobots into instant evolution turret construction while on the fields of justice, this number has been decreased for some time. The reason for my unfortunate lowering in turret quantity is not a matter of capability on my part, but a regrettable lack of materials.

While the majority of my research is funded by the Academy, my personal escapades such as the league are paid for out my own pocket. Of course, I am working on numerous personal experimentations, and must divide my coffers accordingly. Though it may be more effective in battle to devote my materials into my inventions for personal combat, I must consider the long-term ramifications of all my work, of which the league is quite low on my priorities.

Quote:
It is good to speak to you again great Inventor. I have lived to see many civilizations rise and fall, and I have witnessed many brilliant minds on my home world such as yourself, but I know they are few and far between. I have seen the technological progress of several dozen civilizations, and can't help but wonder how far forward you and your university will propel the people of this world in your lifetime.

Now that we have pleasantries out of the way, I wonder; do you find any equally brilliant minds in the Institute itself? Do you see any fellow champions as someone you can hold an intellectual debate with, should you ever seek it? Do you ever seek a second opinion from another like-mind of potential theory's?
A pleasure to speak with you again as well Ms. Anivia, and I appreciate your compliments. My quest for progress is a never-ending one that I hope to advance civilization ahead by leaps and bounds with while I am able.

In answer to your inquiry, while the Yordle Academy of Science & Progress contains some of the most brilliant minds that Runeterra has to offer, more often than not I find myself alone at my level of innovative design. That is not to say that there are none who I may talk to for intellectual discussion or stimulation however. After all, a scientist must look to his colleagues for cooperation or brainstorming from time to time. Regardless, I will rarely seek a second opinion on my work unless absolutely necessary. I would make a rather poor head researcher if I needed constant assistance would I not?

There are a few minds outside of the academy that I may enjoy the company of, but these are likewise few and far between. Some notable examples are Janna, whose aeronautical expertise I find quite fascinating, and Viktor, for his rather unique approach to techmaturgy which, though I do not agree with, respect for its greater intent of helping the world through science. I would also very much like to one day speak with Rumble on his ingenious designs, once he outgrows his childish notions of scientific isolation.

Garnet

05-08-2012

((Just want to let you know that you're doing a great job on this. A lot of these ask threads are kind of out of character or poorly done, but this one is wonderful. :3))

Askheimerdinger

05-08-2012

((thanks very much. heimer is one of my fave champs, so I'm glad I can do him justice ^_^))

Ask Ezreal

05-08-2012

((I recently saw an AD heimerdinger in a game...I was surprised at how fast he could throw those little red wrenches.))
Heimerdinger, have you ever thought about fixing the mothership and going back to your homeworld?

12345612 ... 28