Tips before going into ranked?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-09-2012

1. Know at least 2-3 champions for each role
2. Know how to counter jungle and prevent counter jungling
3. Know how to counter pick other champions.
4. Know how to have a positive attitude regardless of your team's attitude, build your teammates don't tear them down
5. Know when to leave your lane to aid a struggling lane with a gank to make sure that each lane wins. Mid can pop top/bot quickly. Bot and Top can aid Mid. Work as a team.
6. Enough of your team will point fingers, never assign blame. Simply state what can be learned and initiate better in certain instances next time.
7. Wards. Doesn't matter what position you are, if your team isn't warding then you need to pick up the slack. Saving their life with a ward here and there will save your life down the road when they don't feed.
8. Map Awareness. Notice when someone is mia and call it even if your team doesn't.

Moreso tips than answers to your questions... I think you've already gotten several opinions for those (;


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TikalKeria

Senior Member

05-09-2012

DO. NOT. PLAY. YET.

I'm being completely serious. You need to keep practicing at level 30. solo queue a lot. get used to having to carry bads. learn not to depend on team, because there's a good chance they will fail you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Legend Killa

Member

05-09-2012

Never Solo Queue, You will lose.I found out the hard way and am stuck at 850-900 Elo, it sucks being this low that whenever you do try to solo Queue you lose. Its maybe a 75% Chance to lose 25%chance to win or even worse odds., Then when your last pick in the character select everyone always leaves u to the support role when knowing themselves, they cant carry a piece of paper. I can play any role quite well, i have 1-2 characters that usually dont get banned or picked i goto and I Usually Win when i carry, unless the team is just bad. 2 Days ago i was nasus, wasnt dying in laning phase i had frozen heart tri force warmogs atmas bloodthirster , i got a triple or quadra at one point, but in the end, 5v1 Really arent good odds, I was only positive K/D on my team, n i wasnt stealing kills, those were all legit.

And something you should really work on before going ranked is Last Hitting, Not pushing, but last hitting so your lane isnt getting pushed but your still getting gold, you probably already know this but if you dont, read up. Some people just ignore like the first 20mins of game then come into team fights with like 2390239093 minions kills hella FED from what?! no kills but straight up minions. WACK!
Im still working on it myself and have gotten really better from when i first started playing LoL.


12