Ranked Game Picks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Digressed

05-07-2012

So i'm almost level 30 and I am not yet ready to do ranked. I want to learn some new characters and would like to know what characters I should take a look at and if the ones I am currently looking at any good.

Currently I am good with:

[Mid / Bot] Ashe
[Mid / Top] Teemo
[Jungle] Shyvana

I am looking to start playing:

Lux
Alister
Sona

Anything I should know or anything that people don't like to use but help a lot?

FG5 Bdog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Dont Take Kills With Support

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

As you learn Alistar, you can play him as an aggressive ganking jungler, or support.

A tip to combo well is to hold down Q after the W animation starts.

You should also look to be good at mid lane characters, and play top laners other than teemo. He's effective in certain cases, but generally picking teemo means the jungler will have to initiate teamfights. Pick wisely with this in mind (aka don't pick teemo if your jungle is Lee Sin or something).

Digressed

05-07-2012

Quote:
As you learn Alistar, you can play him as an aggressive ganking jungler, or support.

A tip to combo well is to hold down Q after the W animation starts.

You should also look to be good at mid lane characters, and play top laners other than teemo. He's effective in certain cases, but generally picking teemo means the jungler will have to initiate teamfights. Pick wisely with this in mind (aka don't pick teemo if your jungle is Lee Sin or something).
I think i learned the whole lee sin jungle thing already as teemo. It just doesnt work. Alister seems like a nice pick to back people up too, i didn't know he could jungle though.

As for taking kills as a support, I already understand that part. When I play teemo im not really going for kills but more the assist.

SavageWolves

05-07-2012

It may also be wise to learn tankier characters. Personally, I hate being squishy and relying on others to keep me alive. I would rather be the character that is harder to kill.

FatMii

05-07-2012

For jungling, Shyvana is not a good pick for lower elos where it is almost necessary for you to go a strong ganking champion that is also a duelist like Lee Sin or Udyr. Shyvana and Dr. Mundo fall under the farming junglers which is more suited for higher elo players. The reason why I mention your jungler also have to be a good duelist because it can be extremely difficult if you start to fall behind because of counter jungling from your opponents and it is unlikely for your laners to support you. I am directing this to Alistar who is a great ganking jungler but extremely vulnerable to being counter jungled.

FatMii

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
It may also be wise to learn tankier characters. Personally, I hate being squishy and relying on others to keep me alive. I would rather be the character that is harder to kill.
If you go for tankier champs, you are reducing your capabilities of carrying your team to victory.

Haen

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMii View Post
If you go for tankier champs, you are reducing your capabilities of carrying your team to victory.
Not true, sometimes bruisers are the hardest carries. Never die and do tons of damage. And when I walk in and execute their AD carry in an instant, the rest of the team then craps itself as they have no damage now.

Digressed

05-08-2012

Lol nice and yea shyvana is a hard jungler to play for me right now. I may just not be skille enough with her cause i find her easy to counter sometimes.

kr1n0s

05-08-2012

no