Jungle Lee Sin Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McZwick

05-07-2012

I'd like some input on how I jungle Lee Sin. I usually build him with Warmog's and Atma's, but I feel like there is too much of a delay in increasing my damage output. My usual build progression is this:

Armor + pots
Madred's
boot
Wriggle's
Mercury Treads (or Tabi)
Warmog's
Atma's

So from when I finish my Madred's to when I finish my Atma's...I am not adding any damage. To be honest, most games finish before I complete my Atma's when you add in wards and a oracle's.

What are your thoughts...is it better to just build a Trinity Force? Frozen Mallet?

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

I'll tell you what helps me get through mid game into my late game items. Lee needs to be tankier mid game so he isn't blown up when he initiates or goes into fights.

My build:

boots + potions
cloth + Doran's blade/pieces of wriggles
finish wriggles, possible 2nd dorans, finish boots

So at this point you should have:
Merc treads or Ninja tabi
Wriggles lantern
1x or 2x Doran's blade

Next, build Aegis of the Legion. It helps your defensive stats significantly, and gives you the power mid game so you can go into mallet, warmogs, atmas, bloodthirster, or even triforce depending on how the game is going.

Toguro Prime

05-07-2012

Id start boots pots so u can level 2 gank after red then go for wriggles and then double dorans if needed or rush frozen mallet then atmogs

McZwick

05-08-2012

I'd never thought of picking up a Doran's blade or two when jungling with him...that's a good idea. I usually start with Q and at blue, but I like the idea of start at red and ganking early. I usually max Q then E. What do you guys do?

Enemy Magikarp

05-08-2012

Consider Frozen Mallet on Lee Sin, it works well.

Haunchbones

05-08-2012

if your doing good, mallet, if your doing bad, wormogs

McZwick

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunchbones View Post
if your doing good, mallet, if your doing bad, wormogs
But this is kind of the problem. Warmogs is an expensive item that doesn't increase your damage at all (until you complete the Atma's). So if you are doing bad...is the extra health + regen really going to turn things around for you? I think an Aegis would be a better option at that point...

Vultix

05-08-2012

Your build seems good, but you shouldn't get a madreds, you will be using your skills more then auto attacks. but heres a build that I use.

Get a wriggles, choice of tier 2 boots, 2x doran blade, and a Brutalizer for some good early damage, if you need tankyness, go phage instead then straight for frozen mallet, then a atma, trinity force, blood thirster and sell wriggles for Maw of Malmortius

Should be very tanky, and have about 300+ AD if your low hp (Maw) and if your BT is fully farmed

FatMii

05-08-2012

When I play jungle Lee Sin, I usually go with a full on tank build. I know some people may disagree with this style but this is what I find works for me. My two early game items would be wriggles and boots (merc treads or ninja tabi). After than I would look to build a phage and eventually a frozen mallet. Frozen mallet helps a lot with survivability and ganks. For mid game, I would look to build Aegis and a Randuins. You should probably build Heart of Gold before the phage but I never remember.

If the game goes on for any longer, I might build a Maw, infinty edge or FoN depending on what I need more. IMO Lee Sin is best played as a support bruiser and a chaser. Lee Sin has incredible dashes and an amazing slow along with Frozen Mallet for you to slow your opponents for your allies to chase up.

I believe trinity force is not a good item for Lee Sin because it gives a bit of everything. Most of what Tri-Force gives is quite useless imo. First of all the mana is useless. The AP from sheen is only 20 health from your shield which is rarely going to save you. Everything from Phage is useful but the 25 percent proc rate for the slow is unreliable unlike Frozen Mallet. Finally, the movement speed bonus is not worth it because you have 2 amazing dashes and the attack speed is pretty useless imo because you are more of a spell caster than an autoattacker.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Trinity Force, Warmogs and Atma's Impaler for Lee Sin because it puts you back a lot. Atmogs costs way to much for what it does compared to the amazing slow from Randuins and Frozen Mallet. Fratma for Lee Sin is pretty useless because you hit 3k health at around lv 15 or 16 which is already quite late in the game.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZwick View Post
I'd never thought of picking up a Doran's blade or two when jungling with him...that's a good idea. I usually start with Q and at blue, but I like the idea of start at red and ganking early. I usually max Q then E. What do you guys do?
I usually start wraiths -> red with E with boots and 3 pots. Once you kill red decide if you want to gank or not. If not, take W and farm the golems and wraiths again to get 3, then take Q and gank.

Otherwise, take Q at level 2 and gank top or bot, depending on your side.

At level 4, I will have Q(1) W(2) E(1).

At level 9, Q(5) W(2) E(1) R(1)

At level 13, Q(5) W(5) E(1) R(2)

W, in my opinion, is a much better option to max 2nd (or even simultaneously with Q) because of the utility it provides through shields, lifesteal, armor, and spell vamp.