Champion Creation Tips v3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katsuni

12-16-2012

Just a quick bump since I'm here checking things out anyway and it's been nearly a week =3

Deleven

12-16-2012

i havent read through it yet, but wow

Katsuni

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper11 View Post
i havent read through it yet, but wow
Yarr, it's a lil bit daunting in size. A few here have read it in one sitting, but I wouldn't personally advise it XD

Still, hopefully yeu finds it useful ^.^

blackkat101

12-17-2012

Hey Katsuni, finally finished my Lore update for Shia (bumped my thread with a post extra info and changed Shia's Main Body's Q). Would like to know what you think as well as cannot wait to hear what you think of the abilities when you get some time to look them over.

- Kat

Katsuni

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackkat101 View Post
Hey Katsuni, finally finished my Lore update for Shia (bumped my thread with a post extra info and changed Shia's Main Body's Q). Would like to know what you think as well as cannot wait to hear what you think of the abilities when you get some time to look them over.

- Kat
Yay I've been checking up on the lore occasionally already as is =P

The abilities I'll look into shortly as well. There's another two peoples I promised to look over too, so don'ts think I've forgotten anyone! Just kinda busy, and most of the time I have to work on champcrafting stuff has gone into the contest, so I'm a bit behind schedule right now, sorry ;_;

EDIT: Actually, there is one thing right now on that lore... I just opened the page so I wouldn't forget tomorrow to look at it. The lore itself is considerably longer than before; while I like longer lore, it's probably a bit lengthy by LoL standards, and trying to cram important information into a tiny space is a tough skill to achieve, but kind of important at times, such as this. I'll read through it, without issue, and will likely enjoy it, but I can almost guarantee off of like 5 seconds of looking at it, that one of the criticisms is going to be "double the length of any other champion's lore and will probably need to be edited for size".

Trust me, editing yeur work sucks... I had one game I worked on where I had to write a bunch of descriptions for various map locations, but I was limited to... I think it was 180 characters? It was something obscenely short >.< Like a sentence and a half short. I was, of course, notified of this limitation only after having made some nice paragraph-long vivid descriptions. Hurt to weed out the excesses, but sometimes it just has to be done ;_;

blackkat101

12-17-2012

Hahahaha, yeh, it is lengthy. In my last post, I covered exactly how long the longest lore's in League are as well as comparing long Shia's is to theirs.

I would like your opinion when you find the time on what could be removed without destroying the lore. It was actually even longer, but I've already cut out about 7 lines (200 words or so) from what it was in revision 6 of the lore (it's now in v7, these are versions since your last review, did about 4 or 5 revisions before you did your review). I feel like I'm very good at making stories longer, but shorter... ah, the lack of information.... it hurts.... Actually, wouldn't mind it if Riot expanded on some or their champion's lore. Some are so lacking in details, from personality, motive, reason, etc, it makes me almost want to scream. Though I guess I could just do that and get it out of my system, but that wouldn't solve the lacking in the lore....

Ah well, now I'm rambling again. I'll check back on Shia's thread another time. Still one more final this week. I'm sure you could use some rest as well, so I'll leave you be.

- Kat

Moby the White

12-18-2012

Hey Katsuni, Moby here
a.) a friendly bump
b.) a friendly upvote
c.) if you want to link my Lore Creation Tips under your lore section I wouldn't mind. If you don't want to I understand

Katsuni

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
Hey Katsuni, Moby here
a.) a friendly bump
b.) a friendly upvote
c.) if you want to link my Lore Creation Tips under your lore section I wouldn't mind. If you don't want to I understand
Gimme a bit and I'll see if I can cram it in... most of these are sitting at the character limit, which is why a lot of the posts ended =P

I should be able to squeeze in something though ^.^

Deleven

12-18-2012

reading 4-07A: Balancing Champions and Abilities, "This is why Olaf will never be as good as Sion"

oh how times have changed

learning alot from the post so far

Katsuni

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper11 View Post
reading 4-07A: Balancing Champions and Abilities, "This is why Olaf will never be as good as Sion"

oh how times have changed

learning alot from the post so far
Yarr, there's always things which will change. Champion's kits, the itemization options, etc. etc.

With a little more in the ways of capability to lower cooldowns on flash and such, with the new boot enchants and the mastery updates in S3, Olaf's not quite in as bad of a place as he once was, and there's so many new champions with solid CC now that it's hard to get a team without a good chunk of it to support Olaf, unlike before.

Regardless, times change, and even without changing a champion, they can go from underpowered to overpowered, to underpowered again without having a single thing altered on them. It depends largely on the situation of the game around them =3