Champion Creation Tips v3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petyr Baelish

06-12-2012

I got an update!

Also, the stealth rework idea is amazing, but the Eve rework is quite bad. Hybrid doesn't mean AP or AD, and hybrid is a big part of who Eve is. The AP is greater/AD is greater mechanic is too blunt. Make the options of full AD and full AP both viable and different, but a bit more subtle.

Katsuni

06-12-2012

Welcome on update.

The eve rework I'll discuss in that thread directly.

Katsuni

06-13-2012

Thanksies on the bump. Yeu gets a cookie! *Tosses the ElementSteel a cookie*

It's good for yeu, eat up, yum yum!

O.o;

Petyr Baelish

06-13-2012

Bump for cookies

Also, why do you say "yeu"?

Katsuni

06-13-2012

Lots of reasons for the "yeu" thing really. First and foremost, it was an emulation of the character Ada, from Jackie's Fridge, by BJ Hornes (think I spelled the name wrong :O )

It ended up being too difficult to understand, and had to be severely limited over time, and then I started adding some things myself, such as midevil, or ughly, and gradually changed my spelling of stuff in such a way that it was more personalized, yet still makes it obvious whot I'm talking about.

The "whot" came from a phrase "wot she said" from someone I'd rather respected many years ago =3

Anyway, that's why I *STARTED*.

For why I continue... it's considerably more interesting. In some ways, it helps to identify me as a speaker, it stands out in a way that most people find endearing, and it's excellent bait for ad hominem attacks during debates.

Seriously, consider that if someone's backed into a corner, and I'm trouncing them in a debate (happens pretty often, really =3 ), and they decide to resort to essentially name calling, they love to pounce on the whole "Pft, it's spelled YOU by the way!", as if they really think that makes them look smart.

Consider, then, that I've had that very same argument literally dozens to hundreds of times, and by baiting them into my trap, they have to fight with me on my own territory, where it's heavily advantaged towards myself. It becomes remarkably easy to point out such obvious concepts like... well, it's a 3 letter word, and I'm highly eloquent otherwise, and I've even used "you" in quotes, often in that very same thread. As such, it kind of suggests it's being done on purpose, and they should have clued into such. I've gotten very good at turning it against attackers, and using it to my own means =3

It also tends to pull out of the woodwork the pseudo-intellectuals who try to go on a rampage about how it's spelled improperly and therefore it shows the writer is less than intelligent. This conveniently gives me the option to segue into explaining in explicit detail how intelligence is a description of capacity for comprehension, but that spelling is blind memorization, which is why computer spell-check programs exist, and can cover things like how idiot-savants work.

Anyway, there's a bunch of other reasons for it, and honestly, the only downside to using "yeu", that I've ever found, is it mildly annoys some people who have an OCD issue with spelling, which is honestly not so much my problem, as they tend to get set off by lots of things, and that one fix isn't really going to particularly limit the amount they get frustrated in general.

In the end, if I stopped using "yeu", people I care about would tend to be quite upset, while the people who complain wouldn't appreciate it anyway.

That and I rather like it. It's a personal quirk, but it fits me, I think ^.^

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
Thanksies on the bump. Yeu gets a cookie! *Tosses the ElementSteel a cookie*

It's good for yeu, eat up, yum yum!

O.o;
*Noms*

Only reason I'm on this forum now. >.<
The people need to be educated. :\

Katsuni

06-14-2012

Bow chicka blargh honk! New section up on page two. Today, it's Unique Ideas!

I'm getting anxious though, I really do want to get my hands dirty with Zileas' list of antipatterns ^.^

Still, almost done page 2, and then I can jump ahead a bit!

KSHarrison

06-15-2012

In 5-02, the third to last paragraph, I think you meant to say "damage scaling off of defensive stats."

Also you wrote who instead of whom in one spot. Sorry I'm a terrible grammar nazi!!! It's just you said that you are an English major, so I don't know, I just felt obliged to nit pick on that typo (I'm sure it was just a typo).

Anyways, thanks for the document! I read the posts with the quotes, in large part because I really enjoyed reading something from someone who actually can write, which I almost never see here on the boards. I think I actually enjoy your style more than anyone else I've met on these boards!

Katsuni

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHarrison View Post
In 5-02, the third to last paragraph, I think you meant to say "damage scaling off of defensive stats."

Also you wrote who instead of whom in one spot. Sorry I'm a terrible grammar nazi!!! It's just you said that you are an English major, so I don't know, I just felt obliged to nit pick on that typo (I'm sure it was just a typo).

Anyways, thanks for the document! I read the posts with the quotes, in large part because I really enjoyed reading something from someone who actually can write, which I almost never see here on the boards. I think I actually enjoy your style more than anyone else I've met on these boards!
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll go check on it to be certain ^.^

Even so, I don't recall ever saying I'm an English major, since I'm certainly not! XD

I've been PAID thousands of dollars for writing game content before, such as quest text, character design, racial information, and that kind of stuff, but I only got like mid-60's in my English classes in high school and never took courses for it in university =3

Odd as it is, I had someone in my last English class in high school who got a better grade than me, who literally had problems spelling three letter words... they asked me for help when they spelled "who" as "ho" and couldn't figure out why it looked wrong >.>;

After that little fiasco, I kind of gave up on relying on English courses, since they rarely had anything to do with writing or language, and mostly just focused on nitpicking over tiny details.

I honestly don't care about such things anymore, as I've realized that, so long as the information and intent of the message is clear, then language has done its job.

I'd rather read something with slightly off spelling which is remarkably well written and interesting, to something that's perfectly spell checked, but reads like a phone book.

It's a shame, since I'd love to link to it, but it's since been removed... I had a friend who used to write a "scromic", as he called it, which was halfway between a script and a comic. One of the most brilliantly written things I've ever read, but I'm relatively sure he only managed to spell about 30% of the words right. Terrible, terrible spelling, but awe inspiring presentation =3

I tend to spell check my "official work" but otherwise, I'm pretty lax about it XD

In the end, so long as one gets the meaning, that's all that really matters! It helps to add some humour and interesting stuff in there to keep people's attention, however ^.~

EDIT: Yeeeep, said scaling damage off offensive stats. Oops!

Unfortunately, when you've got enough text to literally fill a book, there's bound to be one or two tiny mistakes here and there that will slip by, especially if you don't have an editor handy to help out! Even published works have the occasional typo in them =3

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out. I read over my own stuff, to ensure it works, but admittedly, the human mind tends to gloss over things when reading, and will often just "fill in the blanks" with what it assumes should be there, so it can be rough going at times!

Thanks again, shall clean up any other mistakes as I see them, but generally they're either ones I already caught before posting, or ones I'll miss twenty times in a row XD

Oh and don't forget that page 2 is almost done!
There's even more stuff there and I'm always worried that people just read the first page and assume it's finished XD

KSHarrison

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll go check on it to be certain ^.^

Even so, I don't recall ever saying I'm an English major, since I'm certainly not! XD

I've been PAID thousands of dollars for writing game content before, such as quest text, character design, racial information, and that kind of stuff, but I only got like mid-60's in my English classes in high school and never took courses for it in university =3

Odd as it is, I had someone in my last English class in high school who got a better grade than me, who literally had problems spelling three letter words... they asked me for help when they spelled "who" as "ho" and couldn't figure out why it looked wrong >.>;

After that little fiasco, I kind of gave up on relying on English courses, since they rarely had anything to do with writing or language, and mostly just focused on nitpicking over tiny details.

I honestly don't care about such things anymore, as I've realized that, so long as the information and intent of the message is clear, then language has done its job.

I'd rather read something with slightly off spelling which is remarkably well written and interesting, to something that's perfectly spell checked, but reads like a phone book.

It's a shame, since I'd love to link to it, but it's since been removed... I had a friend who used to write a "scromic", as he called it, which was halfway between a script and a comic. One of the most brilliantly written things I've ever read, but I'm relatively sure he only managed to spell about 30% of the words right. Terrible, terrible spelling, but awe inspiring presentation =3

I tend to spell check my "official work" but otherwise, I'm pretty lax about it XD

In the end, so long as one gets the meaning, that's all that really matters! It helps to add some humour and interesting stuff in there to keep people's attention, however ^.~

EDIT: Yeeeep, said scaling damage off offensive stats. Oops!

Unfortunately, when you've got enough text to literally fill a book, there's bound to be one or two tiny mistakes here and there that will slip by, especially if you don't have an editor handy to help out! Even published works have the occasional typo in them =3

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out. I read over my own stuff, to ensure it works, but admittedly, the human mind tends to gloss over things when reading, and will often just "fill in the blanks" with what it assumes should be there, so it can be rough going at times!

Thanks again, shall clean up any other mistakes as I see them, but generally they're either ones I already caught before posting, or ones I'll miss twenty times in a row XD

Oh and don't forget that page 2 is almost done!
There's even more stuff there and I'm always worried that people just read the first page and assume it's finished XD
Maybe I read writing major and not english major. My b. Yeah I can also imagine missing mistakes and reading over them. I wasn't trying to criticize; I sympathize completely with the typos. I can't even write a few paragraphs without having a typo somewhere. That's why I edit everything I write about 10+ times.