Should your ranked teams elo be shown on your summoner profile

Yes 36 94.74%
No 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Should ranked 5's elo be shown on your summoner profile?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

I originally posted this in the general forums, then i posted in the twisted treeline forums. However as this effects all premade teams who play summoners rift i decided that it would be best to post this here as well.

link to general forum disscusion
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2093078

link to twisted treeline disscusion
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post24031866

what you read here will be almost the same as what is written in the tt discussion the only difference being the example team i use

so here is the situation;

you eagerly join a ranked team thinking "this will be great", and you set out on your quest to conquer the ladder with your friends, surprisingly you do well and surpass any elo you have ever been in solo que.
Your team keeps practising and starts to work hard on there mechanical skills, there coordination, ward locations that suit your teams play style, team comps and have a leader who makes the shots.
If this was season one, all of the hard work you put into your team would be rewarded when people would click on your page and see a rating for your twisted treeline and pre made summoners rift games, and they would know that you worked hard for your rating and be impressed by it.

however this isn't season one any more this is season two and with season two came a new era, an era of ranked teams, teams with names and "clan" tags.
All excited many people set out to show other people how amazing they work in a team environment, and quickly the teams deserving the top places rose to fame...

or did they?
Team Green Forest (TGF) is currently number one on the ladder with a recorded elo of 1943, they managed this exceptional feet with only 52 wins and 9 loses, however lets analyse there main 5 members and have a look at there summoner profiles to discover what riot thinks of each members skill in a premade setting

TGF Swift: current elo 1607
TGF Keun: current elo 1594
TGF Koala: current elo 1603
TGF Pinkuu: current elo 1609
TGF Liquidity: current elo unranked

surely this is unfair for them to have worked so hard as a team and yet be unrewarded individually for there incredible feat.
for the most part there teams elo is being recognised as being 300 elo below what it is desrving of.
Yet TGF Liquidity, according to riot, has not proven himself worthy of a 5v5 premade rating whilst he is one of the active members in a team that has climbed to the number one spot in the world. Sound fair? You decide.

of course most players aren't in teams ranked so highly, I most certainly am not, however I would appreciate it if a team i invest effort into gets rewarded with that elo being shown on my summoner profile

Any way that was just a quick thought, what do you guys think? yes or no?
Discuss.

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

reserved

LaterNG

05-08-2012

I thought i'd bump this one as it is a very good idea and I am super keen for this to happen, I also love the example you give where you show how team green field has an elo of 1943 yet riot has acknowledged TGF Liquidity as unranked in 5v5 premades

LaterNG

05-09-2012

bump

Mr SlaM Boddies

05-09-2012

also be a good idea to implement a restriction for play ranked games... for example you need 500 wins of the normal to start play ranked games cause i think in 500 games u know how the system works against the most champions... Cause never miss noobs buying alot of experience boost to get quickly lvl 30 and they don't know how to play with 10 champions aleardy... that's pretty sad...

Michael Stronk

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr SlaM Boddies View Post
also be a good idea to implement a restriction for play ranked games... for example you need 500 wins of the normal to start play ranked games cause i think in 500 games u know how the system works against the most champions... Cause never miss noobs buying alot of experience boost to get quickly lvl 30 and they don't know how to play with 10 champions aleardy... that's pretty sad...
whilst thats a good idea, it comes under a different topic, why not start a thread and make a poll and see how the community responds to this

Kaminari Inazuma

05-18-2012

dos eht please riot