should ranked teams elo be shown on summoner profile

Yes it should 227 86.31%
No it should not 36 13.69%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] Should ranked 3's elo be shown on summoner profile?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

I originally posted this in the general forums, however since this effects all twisted treeline players i thought I would post the same poll on these forums.

link to original post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2093078

so here is the situation;

you eagerly join a ranked team thinking this will be great, and you set out on your quest to conquer the ladder with your friends, surprisingly you do well and surpass any elo you have ever been in solo que.
Your team keeps practising and starts to work hard on there mechanical skills, there coordination, ward locations that suit your teams play style, team comps and have a leader who makes the shots.
If this was season one, all of the hard work you put into your team would be rewarded when people would click on your page and see a rating for your twisted tree line and pre made summoners rift games, and they would know that you worked hard for your rating and be impressed by it.

however this isn't season one any more this is season two and with season two came a new era, an era of ranked teams, teams with names and "clan" tags.
All excited many people set out to show other people how amazing they work in a team environment, and quickly the teams deserving the top places rose to fame...

or did they?
gucci gamin current elo is 1910, that is an incredible feat! However lets take a look at gucci gamins most active members and anaylsse there ranked 3s elo according to riot

Såm: current elo 1572
Babeeq: current elo 1647
Vsper: unranked

surely this is unfair for them to have worked so hard as a team and yet be unrewarded individually for there incredible feat.

of course most players aren't in teams ranked so highly, I most certainly am not, however I would appreciate it if a team i invest effort into gets rewarded with that elo being shown on my summoner profile.

Any way that was just a quick thought, what do you guys think? yes or no?
Discuss.

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

@Riot Taco Storm
"What you do see on the summoner profile is the ARRANGED TEAM Elos. That is to say, the Elo that people got during pre-season playing arranged teams 3, before ranked teams were introduced.

We're aware that this isn't exactly the most useful information to represent here (since you can't play arranged 3s or 5s anymore), so hopefully we'll have something more meaningful there in the future."

There are also a number of design considerations around the fact that you can be on multiple teams, and that people come and go from teams."

So how can riot have something more meaningful there in the future? And what design considerations have we came up with

the following possibilities have been thought of so far;
@tryndaddy
you have to play ~70% of the games for your elo to be shown"

@sauron
Don't players have individual hidden 3v3 Elos that is used for forming teams, based on their personal participation in ranked teams? That could be displayed."

@Blue Lambency
(you must have participated in) at least ~33.3% of the of the victories with you as a player."

of course there have been people not wanting this to go ahead, here are the reasons I have been given as to why not;
@good job chimpy
(i voted no because) of the implications it could cause, an instance would be 1 team getting a really high rating then someone contacting that team and willing to pay them just so that they could join the team, play a game, and then have that very high elo."

I feel blue lambency, tryndaddy and saurons options all reduce the likeliness of this happening,
how you might ask?
Well lets take Gucci Gamin, at the moment they are 1926 elo and have played 24 games, now if i was to join there team and we took the solutions that tryndaddy and sauron came up with how many games would i need to play to be eligible for this elo to be shown?
according to tryndaddy, I would have to play in there next 56 games, assuming they do not play with out me. (that sounds reasonable as 56 games is a lot of games)

according to Lambency I would have to play in there next 11 games (assuming they won them all) to be eligible, however if they had a 50 percent win to loss ratio I would have to play in there next 20 games, again this seems reasonable to me.

Up to you good job chimpy what do you think of these solutions?

Sebamk

05-06-2012

Who was the SR *** that voted no? ¬¬

Vaynes A Pain

05-06-2012

Yes, riot could change this so easily!!!

Vaynes A Pain

05-06-2012

and you have to play 70% of the games for your elo to be shown when people hover over your name!!!

Michael Stronk

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndaddy View Post
and you have to play 70% of the games for your elo to be shown when people hover over your name!!!
i like the idea about playing in a majority of your teams games, isn't this the same system that wow implemented?

mercernary

05-07-2012

I don't see why not, would it really be so difficult to implement?

Michael Stronk

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercernary View Post
I don't see why not, would it really be so difficult to implement?
thats a good question, and it would be great if we got an answer from riot

mercernary

05-07-2012

This thread gets looked at enough we might get some feedback

AHaLoGrUnT

05-07-2012

I am AHaLoGrUnT and I sponsor this message.