Would the addition of a third Nexus Turret be harmful or beneficial?

Beneficial (Longer Games/Surrenders Prevented) 9 39.13%
Harmful (Games Already Too Long/Stealth Champs Too Burdened) 14 60.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Another Nexus Turret

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aporia Zero

05-06-2012

I always told myself a third a nexus turret would be the best addition to rift. Games would be slightly longer and more surrenders would be prevented. Team fights in a base game would have the strongest affect, since towers do more armor penetration. Teams can finally push enemies away from the nexus. This does however, prevent stealth champions from taking the game. I myself, always leave the enemy base for buyback when 3 inhibs are down, never lost a game doing that. I just want to listen to your thoughts because I might be totally wrong. I think this small change to the rift dynamics does not deteriorate from gameplay and should be incorporated due to its positive affects.

Morth Congael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

It does deteriorate gameplay. Games, in my mind, are already burdening because of their long play. (Dad, I'm in the middle of my game, I can't save it and quit!) Also, Stealth champs are fine. If you don't want to deal with them, vision ward, vision ward, vision ward! That's all I have to say. Thanks for the topic, but it's the champs that need balancing, not the maps.

TeknoWizard

05-06-2012

I feel like it's just an annoyance. If you're at the point were you need an extra turret to help guard the Nexus, you've lost anyway, and it would just waste time taking it down. Also, how would you add it into the area? Seems like the turrets already guard everything.

Aporia Zero

05-06-2012

Well I always hit people who surrender, people who give up because of feeders or trollers. I heard ranked is worse. Riot really prevented long games with minions giving less gold.

Aporia Zero

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
I feel like it's just an annoyance. If you're at the point were you need an extra turret to help guard the Nexus, you've lost anyway, and it would just waste time taking it down. Also, how would you add it into the area? Seems like the turrets already guard everything.
Well the turrets would be spread out maybe a bit further from the nexus to allow minion spawning. This would allow for more dynamic fights at the turrets.

L0rd Greybeard

05-06-2012

This is just a totally random idea, why would you need to have another turret. In my opinion if there team is beef enough to walk in and slaughter your team+the two turrets the extra turret you want to add in is going to cause no trouble other than piss them off. If thats not the case your going to end up with an obscurely long game with people who just camp under the super fire of the 3 turrets