Blitzcrank Dom build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerry Cherry Pie

05-06-2012

Looking for some build suggestions. Right now I'm trying to go AD with some armor depending on what the enemy team has. Thanks for the input.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Triforce/Frozen Heart tends to be the main thing people build from what I've seen.

I've seen a number of Blitzcrank's go Manamune too, but I find it isn't always that necessary.

Foofm

05-06-2012

I'm new to Blitz, and still trying to figure out what I like. My build at the moment is usually.

Mercs
Manamune
Frozen Heart
Trinity Force

because its Dom, I rarely get to build more then that. Maw of Malmortius seems like a solid choice to go next with though (more AD for sheen/speed boosted AAs, more MR, and the nice shield which can give you a double shield, don't know if it stacks with his passive tho).

SHOE788

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofm View Post
I'm new to Blitz, and still trying to figure out what I like. My build at the moment is usually.

Mercs
Manamune
Frozen Heart
Trinity Force

because its Dom, I rarely get to build more then that. Maw of Malmortius seems like a solid choice to go next with though (more AD for sheen/speed boosted AAs, more MR, and the nice shield which can give you a double shield, don't know if it stacks with his passive tho).
This is a good build

Kukulkan

05-06-2012

This is how I build blitz:

Start with tear and boots
Upgrade boots (I usually get mercs)
Sheen
Manamune
Glacial shroud
Negatron cloak
Trinity

Most games end by the point you get trinity but after that I would upgrade glacial shroud into FH, and the negatron cloak into odyn's veil. I am unsure though if it's ok buying sheen before manamune or if it should be bought after, I would appreciate some insight on that.

Also, I don't know why but I hadn't considered Maw of Malmortius before, looks like a solid item as well, so maybe it fits perfectly in the place of the odyn's veil.

Jerry Cherry Pie

05-07-2012

I've been doing 2 different setups.

1st
Start with Boots and Tears. Try to spam spells to build up Mana. Then I either upgrade to Ionian Boots or Boots of Mobility depending on if I think they will be doing more group attacks or spread out so I can try to pick them off.

Then if they have tons of ADs I get the Glacial Shroud first before I start building Trinity Force. If not then I start building Trinity Force. I get Sheen and Zeal, then I turn Tears into Manamune. Finish up the Trinity Force then go for Frozen Heart if they have tons of AD, or go for Magic Resist if their AP's are hurting you.

If they have too many tanks I get Brutalizer for Cool Down Reduction and Armor Penetration. If the game keeps going then I just get some AD items, usually I try to upgrade Brutalizer into Youmuu's Ghostblade.

2nd.
Start with Catalyst the Protector for early game help. Then get Boots. I don't build Rod of Ages as I think it's a waste on Blitz.

Instead of getting Tears and building Manamune I go for Chalice of Harmony if they have some AP and to make up for less Mana by getting some Mana Regen. I really don't know what else to get to make up for less mana. Other than that I just start building into the 1st build I posted.

Foofm

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonesome killer View Post
I've been doing 2 different setups.

1st
Start with Boots and Tears. Try to spam spells to build up Mana. Then I either upgrade to Ionian Boots or Boots of Mobility depending on if I think they will be doing more group attacks or spread out so I can try to pick them off.

Then if they have tons of ADs I get the Glacial Shroud first before I start building Trinity Force. If not then I start building Trinity Force. I get Sheen and Zeal, then I turn Tears into Manamune. Finish up the Trinity Force then go for Frozen Heart if they have tons of AD, or go for Magic Resist if their AP's are hurting you.

If they have too many tanks I get Brutalizer for Cool Down Reduction and Armor Penetration. If the game keeps going then I just get some AD items.
Cooldown reduction caps at 40%. Frozen Heart and Ionian boots gives you 35%, so if you build that don't build a Brutalizer.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

I wrote a big long guide a few weeks ago for when he was free, but here are a few things to look for when itemizing:

a) Every 2 mana (4g worth) gives you 1 pt in your shield worth 2.5 gold of virtual health. While chasing mana isn't usually a great plan, this passive makes mana-giving equipment significantly more valuable for Blitz.
Hence, Triforce, Shroud/Heart, Manamune are significantly better than normal.

b) Cooldown reduction is kind of a big deal for his Powerfist and Speedbooster. It ensures speedboost is ALWAYS UP, and you can get a 3 second knockup/damage-doubler that also procs your sheen/triforce.
This also means that Triforce/sheen are really good items on Blitz due to the ease of frequent casts.
You typically only get 1 grab/ult in per battle so CDR doesnt affect those quite as much.

c) Since Blitz has a damage-doubler and an AS-steroid and attack-resetter, he generally wants to build AD and not so much AS/crit.

d) Manamune is controversial: Starting with Tear/boots obviously is not gonna be very helpful in the fight for top, since you are paying 1k gold for basically 200 health (when shield procs). By the time you've upgraded to Manamune if you rush it, you are probably at the 500 mana (plus 500 from other sources) mark, meaning you paid 2400g for about 250 virtual health(625g worth), and 40AD (1600g worth). So you will have a bit of early game lull.
BUT, with frozen heart, odins(maybe), triforce as solid items, you can pull ahead fairly quickly, even though charging the tear is actually pretty slow. (i mean, it takes 250 casts to max it... at 1 spell per 4 seconds on average thats 60 mana per minute or 15 min to max!)

e) Its usually better to bump your tankiness and survivability (lots of armor/MR mostly due to your virtual health and high base health), so you can keep spamming Knockups n stuff, rather than go for a carry style build.

f) Don't overlook Hexdrinker since it efficiently gives you needed AD along with solid magic resistance and a 'free' virtual health shield.

APTRISTANA

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofm View Post
Cooldown reduction caps at 40%. Frozen Heart and Ionian boots gives you 35%, so if you build that don't build a Brutalizer.
I'm sure this guy was just explaining a build, not trying to tell you OMG I'm over 40% CD. If you are smart enough you can figure out what you need, not complain about someone who puts their time into trying to give you "hints" into what might be a good build for Blitz.