What do people think: Why are people suddenly stupid/selfish/annoying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aether Juice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

I think for most players, it's easier to just rage and blame others for a defeat than actually take personal responsibility. Fact of it is whenever I lose I could have always done more, at least give that top laner who keeps feeding some pointers or tips. I can say personally it's annoying sometimes dealing with some people but I honestly don't blame them for being the way they are.

Maybe I'm one of the few lucky players who have met awesome people that instead of raging at me, helped me improve. Lately I've been liking the game more and my opinions on this community are changing just because of how polite people have been towards my bad play and all the advice I've gained from people higher ELO than me. I'm sure their mothers would be proud.

Black Chris

05-09-2012

i agree that its still the same community its just bigger. online gaming has always tended towards the xenophobic nerd rage u see in LoL. name one online game u can go play without getting called a noob for ur first year lol. but a lot of it is fatigue from explaining the simplest stuff over and over again.personally in normal i dont give a rats ass what my team does. losing sux yes but whats it matter? but trying to tell someone something for their own good almost never works regardless of LoL. i was trying to tell this riven to last hit and not push lane so she wouldnt get ganked. and as if on cue maokai bombs her and snares her and she dies. she starts raging calling me racial epitaphs cuz my name is Black Chris lol but here i reach the point of my post. /ignore is amazing.if ur bothered by the raging trolling and nonsense stop feeding into it. i promptly told riven /ignored and went about my game. she followed me around hitting /l and stealing minion kills but idc it is a game. i even saved her with varus' ult when she tried to 1v3. . the jackasses in LoL only have as much power as u give them. so ignore them play ur game and trust me ull be bothered a lot less by their actions when u just focus on yours. but again these *******s have always been here its nothing new

Sylvana8266

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

I don't really come across those kids too often. It seems they're more in the lower level tier games rather the high ones. I usually always have a nice team with fun people opposing, but I find that usually the person calling "noobs" is the one feeding lol.

Enigma Blade

05-09-2012

I have had a few incidents like this in my career and i never rise to their verbal abuse. Sometimes I will point out why their claims are pointless with little effect. But the thing that every person who starts abusing their team like that forgets, is that it is a game in the end. You win some, you lose some, accidents happen and sometimes people are just having a hard time. Why don't they understand that?

Saigo Getsuga

05-09-2012

They are human

Smilee90

05-18-2012

The game became main stream...

CEETGEEK

05-18-2012

If someone's going to watch me call a lane and proceed to pick a character for that lane and try to take it from me, you'd better bet that I'm going to be creative with my insults. I'm not going to feed, though. I'll just let them do so.

MagnusCeleritas

05-18-2012

In the last month, I've noticed the quality in players has dropped drastically.

Feeders/Trolls have increased dramatically.
Bad players seem to be common 99% of the time instead of 70% of the time.
3/5ths of the team are now so bad at the game they feed, as opposed to the normal 1/5ths.
Smack talk has increased relentlessly and has increased verbal aggression.
Almost every game I win, I do so because I 1v5 the enemy team (who are also entirely consisting of bad feeding players). Almost every game I lose, I do so because my entire team feeds and even though the enemy team (who also is bad) feeds ME, it's a matter of 1 fed vs 5 fed, and I can't 1v5 the enemy team.

The reason? Why are people suddenly worse?

SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER!

AU Freo

05-18-2012

Clearly, some 12 year old who plays Call of Duty all the time, spread the word online, bringing all the trolling irritating annoying CoD kids over. That's probably what happened.

Naedox

05-18-2012

Worst case scenario: Those cumsprouts are the ones who get invited to participate in the Season 2 Tournament because of their excessive win rate from the cheapest tactics I have ever seen. Their victories might as well be less abrupt then just dropping a ****ing double-decker bus on them all.