What do people think: Why are people suddenly stupid/selfish/annoying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naedox

05-06-2012

People can't seem to make up their minds now can they?

Loversfaith

05-06-2012

well i like to think that i'm a nice guy, and with that being said i play with friends and family so i dint have that problem you should just get a few friends thats the same way as you and play with them

Naedox

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loversfaith View Post
well i like to think that i'm a nice guy, and with that being said i play with friends and family so i dint have that problem you should just get a few friends thats the same way as you and play with them
Would you consider yourself "free-spirited" or "carefree"?

Keirndmo

05-06-2012

You know what's funny?
Once I got to level 30 this started happening to me.
And why do you assume all of us 12 year olds say stuff like that in chat?
Although so many people who just randomly start cussing you out...

ALtheeGreat

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMxTactic View Post
Competition always brings out the devil in people. It starts off as good sportsmanship and slowly gets corrupt.
lol

Dragoon1376

05-07-2012

I think it's really a matter of perspective. The okay/quiet players make up a majority of the games but it's the jerks, with their constant flaming and trolling, that sticks out more. There have been a streak of games where I can't seem to get away from these people and I log off for the evening. Other days, they show up once and get ignored/reported if they're annoying enough.

Do take my post with a grain of salt though. I'm relatively new to the moba community and I've been playing more frequently in the past few months. As for the jerks in the community, I have no idea why they stick around or if they just go from game to game as their accounts get permabanned.

swoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

This happens to me more often than not. I just queue dodge and do something else until I find a nice batch of people that aren't retarded. Also, queuing with other people makes it easier.

GoldenTakeshi

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFwish View Post
Hell, I'd be happy if somebody would say, "Oh, Fiddle, maybe you should time your fears better, just something to work on~"
Or something like "Oh, Ashe, try not to be so aggressive".
A lot of times myself (and others) try this approach first, asking the team to stop pushing so much so jungle can gank, asking people to ward their lanes to prevent them from getting ganked for the Xth time, asking people to play smarter by doing specific things, etc.

But honestly, theres only so much you can do to make your team play better. Any suggestions seem to be an invitation for people to play worse, rage, or be jerks.

Anrix

05-09-2012

The game is free to play, and free to download.

Sometimes a high sticker price is enough of a filter to deter the riff raff.

There are no boundaries. Throw in the security of internet anonymity and a sense of entitlement and you have a toxic community, with a really low maturity level.

I seldom PvP because the players that are most threatening to your team are on your team, and I have uninstalled this game several times because I just don't want to play with this community despite enjoying the mechanics of the game.

Noshamwow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

You should remove the "suddenly" from your thread title.