Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to counter Zilean in lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

Recruiter

12-15-2010

Quote:
atsmith893:
This is one of the HUGE misconceptions people have about zileans bombs...

The first thing everyone does when they have a bomb on their head is run away from their creep waves and hide by the turret. This is wrong, instead run on top of your creeps so the bomb kills or at least removes much of their health.

Why?

Because now you are 'pulling' instead of 'pushing'... You are forcing zilean to sit just outside his creep wave for exp near your turret, overextending himself. This is the perfect time to setup a gank with your lane partner and/or jungle.

This. Good Zilean players will try to avoid bombing creeps because that pushes the lane, and will focus solely on harassing you early while last hitting. As long as you aren't pushing hard back dragging his bombs near your creeps is a great way to force Zilean away from his tower.

Just don't give him unnecessary creep kills and be careful that you aren't putting yourself in a position to get killed by his laning partner.

Shanulu

12-15-2010

People forget that while Zileans bombs are really annoying he only has 1 at first level. Which is the best time to gank him. Depending on his lane partner be aggressive on him. And an underleveled underfarmed zilean is your best friend.

JohnCataldo

12-15-2010

Most people have covered it, but:

• Counterattack when he bombs. He only has a flimsy autoattack and one skill that does damage. Once the bomb is on your head is when the window is open to attack him. If you DON'T counterattack, you are just giving him free damage and will eventually lose that battle.
  • Wreck him at level 1-2. His bombs do little, and at level 1 he doesn't almost nothing.
  • Some champions are counter bombs decently, mostly champions with shields such as Janna, Morgana, Malphite, Urgot, etc. Since you get some warning before the bomb goes off (at least the second one!) it's easy to shield yourself or lane partner. If you have these champs in your game, switch lanes for the good matchup. Sometimes you'll want to switch even subpar matchups around if you can at least get someone who can harass back more effectively.
  • When bombs are on you, make sure you stand near your own minions. Blow up your own creeps to pull towards your own tower. (Ideally don't give Zil more minion kills, but better than that fighting Zil at his own tower.

Skeljen

09-21-2012

Remember that Zilean can just ult himself when you manage to counter him and kill him, letting him live another day

madf0x

09-21-2012

Silence.

I have a friend who likes to lane zilean, and he rages everytime someone with consistent silence goes against him. Remember post 6 if he gets low, silence him and then go for the kill so he cant pop his ult.

s3vn

11-15-2012

When I play as Zilean against melee champs I will throw bombs on my low health creeps that they are attacking, that way I don't have to get as close. I know it is hard to watch for because if all goes right I throw it on before your last hit, but just thought I would throw it out there.

1Y 2M 20D

11-16-2012

its impossiblu!