Wuts Elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklarik

05-04-2012

Sorry i just started playing rank and i got no idea what it is

Trainer Josh

05-04-2012

Elo is basically a system used to place you into a ranking system. it in no way says how good you are, it is calculated based on your win/loss ratio

It is usually used in chess, but it has been implemented here. poorly i must say.

Tylerpb

05-04-2012

It's not so much that it has been implemented poorly as that the thing isn't quite designed for this situation. Although, when I think about it, it's hard to imagine a system that would be particularly good for ranking individual players in a cooperative team game. Why would you even bother to design such a system? Not many people would take such a rating seriously; Anyone who was being seriously competitive about a cooperative game would form a team then compete as a cohesive unit. Elo works fine in that situation.

A simple way to think of Elo would be as your win/loss ratio but weighted for how good the people you're playing against are. Beating weaker players or losing to stronger ones is not as significant as beating stronger players or losing to weaker ones.