Do you think this Champion should go to the League?

Yes! Definitely. 316 52.15%
Maybe, just tweak around the numbers a bit more. 154 25.41%
Not yet, you need to rework a couple skills 72 11.88%
No, this champion wouldn't work out at all. 64 10.56%
Voters: 606. You may not vote on this poll

Tyzone, The Scholar of the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

12-16-2012

Seems a little over complicated, I don't think he'd be popular because the abilities' effects constantly change. The new ult concept does a ton of damage, and provides random cc, personally don't like it.

Both ults provide too much cc for the base damage and scaling, although the second one is worse about this.

Generally has really long cds and high mana costs which would make laning difficult. Maybe nerf the cc on his q or w, and make it a bit more spammable so he has some form of harrass in lane. Otherwise he'll get zoned hard.

BSMaster

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Seems a little over complicated, I don't think he'd be popular because the abilities' effects constantly change. The new ult concept does a ton of damage, and provides random cc, personally don't like it.

Both ults provide too much cc for the base damage and scaling, although the second one is worse about this.

Generally has really long cds and high mana costs which would make laning difficult. Maybe nerf the cc on his q or w, and make it a bit more spammable so he has some form of harrass in lane. Otherwise he'll get zoned hard.
It might seem complicated, but the fact that his abilities effects constantly change will demonstrate who can handle Tyzone's skill cap.

Which of the new ult provides tons of damage?
Cause Ult 1 > 1 time damage + sleep or 3 second silence + no damage but thats it...
Ult 2 > Normal Damage and then 50% afterwards if they bother to go back inside.

I believe that he can farm very well in lane even with the long cool downs and the mana costs are quite neutral. With cooldown reduction, he would be a great champ to play.

BSMaster

12-16-2012

Well, that was my first review in certainly a long time.

Anymore guys?

KayGirl89

12-16-2012

This champ is neat and certainly would have a high skill cap, which I like. Also its a Void champion and as a big fan of H.P Lovecraft I love Void champions. I also like that the lore references another champion in the league, I'm a big fan of that as it helps make the champions feel connected to each other. I mean all the time they spend in the Institute of War they have to bump into each other once in a while. This sounds like a great champion that I'd be very interested in seeing in the game, even if I probably aren't good enough at LoL to use him.

I'd really really appreciate if you or anyone else interested in this Void champion could take a look and comment on / review my Void champion. Its just an initial concept but I"m hoping to develop it with the help of this community and people who are better at numbers than me, who just guesses.

Occulus - Eye of the Void

BSMaster

12-17-2012

I'll take a look at it after I'm done with my Finals HW. Kinda hectic right now

Dzanio

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSMaster View Post
It might seem complicated, but the fact that his abilities effects constantly change will demonstrate who can handle Tyzone's skill cap.

Which of the new ult provides tons of damage?
Cause Ult 1 > 1 time damage + sleep or 3 second silence + no damage but thats it...
Ult 2 > Normal Damage and then 50% afterwards if they bother to go back inside.

I believe that he can farm very well in lane even with the long cool downs and the mana costs are quite neutral. With cooldown reduction, he would be a great champ to play.
Damage: 150/300/450 (+70% AP) magic damage

This line appears in both ability descriptions, so I don't know what you mean about the first one not doing damage.

The second has the potential to cause a champion to hit a minimum of 2-3 portals when correctly placed, which does too much damage for a single target spell, much less a multi target spell with cc.

Cdr would help, and if his jungler is manaless so he can potentially get first blue buff he'd have a strong laning phase, would certainly provide enough cc during ganks for it. Currently he does not have a good counter to a poke/zoning/skill based champion like ori, zyra, or lux and has the potential to be zoned hard, particularly with a bad jungler.

Seruph

12-18-2012

I really like when people find inventive ways to include current champs in with their own brings the champions to life. Your league judgement was fun. only thing is im having a hard time imagining his weapon. got any thing you could reference to help visualize it?

BSMaster

12-18-2012

He'll be having a void portal in the air right next to his left shoulder and his attack animation will be,
Putting his hand into the portal and then grabbing a clump of what looks like 0 and 1s and then hurling it toward the target. A crit will make the clump explode upon contact.

blackkat101

12-18-2012

Quite like your Q and W.

On his E, can he cancel the channel on his own? If not, he's essentially snared himself for 2 seconds. That could be dangerous.

On the R, I actually think the Second R (one without the sleep) sounds more interesting and fun.
- Does it summon the full amount of portals at one time durring the effect, or do they slowly pop up?
- Now you say the portals move around after a bit, can they move only on the field, or can they wander off?
- Personally, I would like it if it summoned the full amount of portals at once randomly on the field. After which, instead of having them move around, to keep with the instability of the Void power, instead of having them move, they disappear and keep reappearing throughout the duration of the Ultimate. Each time they reappear, their location is random again. Portals could last for say 1 second. This would show that he has the power to contain the Void portals to a specific area, but not so much power over them that he cannot place them exactly or stably keep that many open at once.

I also enjoyed the lore. I like how you used Kassadin to link him to the League. Recently only did that myself with my champion, Shia, The Void's Timid Doppel. If you have time, wouldn't mind giving me your thoughts on her.

Keep up the good work.

- Kat

*edit
Only thing I'd like to add, is that your format could use with a little organizing. Had to reread a couple things just to understand what was where. All the information is there, just tidy it up a bit so it's easier on the eyes.

BSMaster

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackkat101 View Post
Quite like your Q and W.

On his E, can he cancel the channel on his own? If not, he's essentially snared himself for 2 seconds. That could be dangerous.

On the R, I actually think the Second R (one without the sleep) sounds more interesting and fun.
- Does it summon the full amount of portals at one time durring the effect, or do they slowly pop up?
- Now you say the portals move around after a bit, can they move only on the field, or can they wander off?
- Personally, I would like it if it summoned the full amount of portals at once randomly on the field. After which, instead of having them move around, to keep with the instability of the Void power, instead of having them move, they disappear and keep reappearing throughout the duration of the Ultimate. Each time they reappear, their location is random again. Portals could last for say 1 second. This would show that he has the power to contain the Void portals to a specific area, but not so much power over them that he cannot place them exactly or stably keep that many open at once.

I also enjoyed the lore. I like how you used Kassadin to link him to the League. Recently only did that myself with my champion, Shia, The Void's Timid Doppel. If you have time, wouldn't mind giving me your thoughts on her.

Keep up the good work.

- Kat

*edit
Only thing I'd like to add, is that your format could use with a little organizing. Had to reread a couple things just to understand what was where. All the information is there, just tidy it up a bit so it's easier on the eyes.
His E is unabled to be cancelled unless by CC, yes he essentially snares himself for 2 seconds, but the effects are worth it.

The second R when I say they move around is that I mean they pop up in random locations in the field and then dissapear.

I'll see what I can do when I get home from Finals Week to review your champ