Do you think this Champion should go to the League?

Yes! Definitely. 316 52.15%
Maybe, just tweak around the numbers a bit more. 154 25.41%
Not yet, you need to rework a couple skills 72 11.88%
No, this champion wouldn't work out at all. 64 10.56%
Voters: 606. You may not vote on this poll

Tyzone, The Scholar of the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AppleManSam

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSMaster View Post
Thanks for the review.
To address your statements.
E. I believe that doubling the CC isn't too much since if you want instant CC, it would only be a 2 second Silence/Slow/or Blind. For stunning/snare/knockup, you must set a trap and let it be triggered.
R is still prone to changes, I know everything silenced inside is gamebreaking, but it'll stay there for now.
E: If you can stun there whole team for 2 seconds thats op. In 2 seconds they could all be dead and not be able to do anything. If it was single target, yes thats fine. But when its an area skill, that is not balanced.

R: The skills itself isent op, but when you can stun there whole team for 2 seconds. THEN silence them all. That is op. To have a good champion that skills need to work together.

Please review my champion as its starting to die down in reviews. I need some new stuff to work with.

AppleManSam

05-05-2012

Quote:
Thanks for the review.
To address your statements.
E. I believe that doubling the CC isn't too much since if you want instant CC, it would only be a 2 second Silence/Slow/or Blind. For stunning/snare/knockup, you must set a trap and let it be triggered.
R is still prone to changes, I know everything silenced inside is gamebreaking, but it'll stay there for now.
Actually, i lied. After re reading the ult. The ult by itself is so game breakinly overpowered it would win every game. A 9 second silence that can silence the whole team. That needs to be changed. I would think of an ult that doesent have cc, he has plenty of cc already. Or an ult that only silences one person for even only like 4 seconds.

InfernoReversal

05-05-2012

When I said add a CC for Tyzone's ultimate, I meant to add it during the beginning. During the beginning of the ultimate, escape is extremely easy. Corki, Ezreal, Shaco, and many others will have no problem escaping. With flash, everyone has the possibility for escaping. Therefore, you should choose one of the following:

1) Add a CC to contain the enemies within the ultimate. For example, Morgana and Viktor have a slow.

2) Inflict a CC if they escape the ultimate. For example, You can leash all enemies to the center of the AoE upon activation. Once they leave the AoE, (leash breaks), they are inflicted with (Silence).

Note: This CC is just an example.

BSMaster

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoReversal View Post
When I said add a CC for Tyzone's ultimate, I meant to add it during the beginning. During the beginning of the ultimate, escape is extremely easy. Corki, Ezreal, Shaco, and many others will have no problem escaping. With flash, everyone has the possibility for escaping. Therefore, you should choose one of the following:

1) Add a CC to contain the enemies within the ultimate. For example, Morgana and Viktor have a slow.

2) Inflict a CC if they escape the ultimate. For example, You can leash all enemies to the center of the AoE upon activation. Once they leave the AoE, (leash breaks), they are inflicted with (Silence).

Note: This CC is just an example.
Thanks man for the suggestions, i'll probably add the escape CC infliction clause.

BSMaster

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleManSam View Post
Actually, i lied. After re reading the ult. The ult by itself is so game breakinly overpowered it would win every game. A 9 second silence that can silence the whole team. That needs to be changed. I would think of an ult that doesent have cc, he has plenty of cc already. Or an ult that only silences one person for even only like 4 seconds.
I would like to notify you that you could have possible read the skills wrong.
One trap CANNOT stun a whole team for 2 seconds.
W is a trap.
Q is a single target skill shot.
E is a utility
R is an ultimate with AoE CC.

AppleManSam

05-05-2012

Quote:
I would like to notify you that you could have possible read the skills wrong.
One trap CANNOT stun a whole team for 2 seconds.
W is a trap.
Q is a single target skill shot.
E is a utility
R is an ultimate with AoE CC.
I re read everything. The skills are fine. Except your r. It is so op. Putting a champion to sleep for 2.5 and or silencing for 3 is a long time. Your problems are your times. Shes taunt isent as long as rammus since its an aoe. If your ult is gonna be an aoe a 3 second silence is not balanced. Its just not. You either need it single target. Or lower time. Thats it.

Trebor Ignis

05-05-2012

I can tell you put a lot of work into thinking up this champion, and I like the overall idea.
Review of skills:
Q - I love the idea of this ability. However, the duration of the CC needs some consistency: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds as opposed to 1/1/2/2/3 seconds.
W - This ability is good, but the duration scaling needs some consistency. The duration of trap should be 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 minutes.
E - REMOVE the CC duration increase on this ability. It is completely broken. A 6 second slow, silence, or blind is just plain stupid. Also, the durations are a little confusing, first it says 5/8/11/14/17 seconds, then it says 6/10/14/20/24 seconds. Which is it? Either way, 50 mp5 for 17 or 24 seconds is extremely overpowered. The scaling on the mp5 should be 5/10/15/20/25 and the duration of 5/8/11/14/17 is fine. Perhaps instead of a CC duration increase, you could have a low CC reduction on yourself for the same duration as the mp5 increase. This would compliment his role as a tank/support(which truly does seem like the direction this is headed).
R - This ability is seriously overpowered. Seriously. Let's put this into perspective: Amumu's ult snares everyone in range for two seconds. This means they can still use any ability, such as a heal or a shield. Your ult is a movable AoE field with the range of Amumu's ult that effectively stuns anyone inside for 2.5 seconds, meaning they cannot use abilities other than QSS, cleanse, or gangplank oranges, and has a secondary Veigar circle effect that SILENCES enemies for 3 seconds; making that the longest silence in the game. In addition, everyone that you catch within the circle will eventually be revealed for two seconds due to the passive. To fix this ability, reduce the silence to 1 second, the stun to one second, and keep the same size. Also, reduce the duration to about 4-5 seconds, or maybe 3/4/5 seconds.

Other analysis - this character seriously seems like he would be aimed towards the "support tank" role. He only has two reliable damaging abilities and all CC abilities, though his CC is extremely unreliable. This would be the only char in the game with randomized abilities, and two of them at that. Cut down on the random, the passive is perfect, the Q is good, the W is fine, the E needs work, and the R is broken.

Also, he starts the game with 31 armor. The hell? Scale that down to like 18 or 20. Also cut the Mr down to 30, like everyone else. I'm assuming that he is ranged, so starting with 56 AD is a bit much.

BSMaster

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Ignis View Post
I can tell you put a lot of work into thinking up this champion, and I like the overall idea.
Review of skills:
Q - I love the idea of this ability. However, the duration of the CC needs some consistency: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds as opposed to 1/1/2/2/3 seconds.
W - This ability is good, but the duration scaling needs some consistency. The duration of trap should be 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 minutes.
E - REMOVE the CC duration increase on this ability. It is completely broken. A 6 second slow, silence, or blind is just plain stupid. Also, the durations are a little confusing, first it says 5/8/11/14/17 seconds, then it says 6/10/14/20/24 seconds. Which is it? Either way, 50 mp5 for 17 or 24 seconds is extremely overpowered. The scaling on the mp5 should be 5/10/15/20/25 and the duration of 5/8/11/14/17 is fine. Perhaps instead of a CC duration increase, you could have a low CC reduction on yourself for the same duration as the mp5 increase. This would compliment his role as a tank/support(which truly does seem like the direction this is headed).
R - This ability is seriously overpowered. Seriously. Let's put this into perspective: Amumu's ult snares everyone in range for two seconds. This means they can still use any ability, such as a heal or a shield. Your ult is a movable AoE field with the range of Amumu's ult that effectively stuns anyone inside for 2.5 seconds, meaning they cannot use abilities other than QSS, cleanse, or gangplank oranges, and has a secondary Veigar circle effect that SILENCES enemies for 3 seconds; making that the longest silence in the game. In addition, everyone that you catch within the circle will eventually be revealed for two seconds due to the passive. To fix this ability, reduce the silence to 1 second, the stun to one second, and keep the same size. Also, reduce the duration to about 4-5 seconds, or maybe 3/4/5 seconds.

Other analysis - this character seriously seems like he would be aimed towards the "support tank" role. He only has two reliable damaging abilities and all CC abilities, though his CC is extremely unreliable. This would be the only char in the game with randomized abilities, and two of them at that. Cut down on the random, the passive is perfect, the Q is good, the W is fine, the E needs work, and the R is broken.

Also, he starts the game with 31 armor. The hell? Scale that down to like 18 or 20. Also cut the Mr down to 30, like everyone else. I'm assuming that he is ranged, so starting with 56 AD is a bit much.
Thanks for the suggestions man, I'll readjust them accordingly.
Also thanks for your suggestions on Q and W, i'll readjust E then.
Also to addresss the AD, that seems fine because when I play champions like Brand or another AP caster like Lux, their starting AD's are around 50-60.

BSMaster

05-06-2012

Hey Forum, could you review this please? I don't want this to die... O_o...

Den Vardoger

05-06-2012

Hmm...at overall review, I would tell you that you have an interesting concept here. But there are some problems:
Q: The fact that it's random is the real problem, since champions don't trust on luck anymore. The only thing based on a chance that remained at LoL is the Critical Chance. I'm not saying that your purpose is really that you want this champion at the LoL, but, if you want it, you might reconsider this random issue. I have an idea. Why don't you make it apply one of the 3 CCs at an order of use. For example: when firstly used, it will apply the slow effect. Used a second time, it will apply the silence and so on.

W: The same issue, it's random. For this one, I think a roulette (like Twisted Fate's Pick a Card) would fit it fair enough. Once you activate it, a roulette will appear above him and the player can choose (in the same way the player choose an effect of Pick a Card) one of the 3 CCs you listed. I suggest that the snare last longer than the stun, because stun is a worse CC.

E: I got a bit confused with the two durations you put there, but lets see if I got it. The Mana Regen buff has one duration and the improvements of Q and W have another duration. Is that correct?
Another confusion is if the improvements last for the WHOLE duration or if it is consumed once he uses Q or W within this buff duration. If they last for the whole duration, I think that you might reconsider its duration. I fear it would be too powerful from early to mid game.

R: I see no problem in this one. But there is something I believe you stated incorrectly: at the end of its description, you mention the duration of the silence as being 3 seconds, instead the 2 seconds you had mentioned twice before.

Aside these issues, I think this champion concept is very interesting. =)