is this Gragas build ok?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scila

08-14-2010

Hey
i started playing gragas this week cause he is free.
I tried AP and Tank builds and now im using an AP Tank Hybridbuild wich tends to be more tanky.I do this cause i feel like Ap Gragas isnt helpful in lategame but is really great in laning.So i start with an amplyfing tome and a mana pot spamming barrels etc.
but if laning ends i build it into rilays or haunting guise depending how long laning lasts and if i got a blasting wand or not.now i go for enemy team depending tank items and go for mercurys treats guardian angel and aegis of the legion on mixed enemy teams.

Now my question is are there some tips you can give me to improve him?

Funkk

08-14-2010

My build:
Saphire crystal + heath pots
Catalyst
Ninja Tabi
Rod of Ages
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Aegis of Legion

ThreeLittleBirds

08-14-2010

AD is much more awesomerest.

Jibonader

08-14-2010

I've been playing AP a lot lately, I'm guesing AD utilizes his body slam more?

I wonder if a hybrid AP/AD would work, since AP is kind of meh late game.

Magical Kunkka

08-14-2010

for teh lulz AD gragas is funny as hell. IF you are going ap/tank my advice is to get mana manipulator in the beginning and upgrade it to soul shroud later in the game. Gives hp and cd reduction aura which helps teams a bunch.

DareX2

08-14-2010

I find AP tank Gragas to be pretty effective. I find Liche Bane to be a pretty great item on him since I spend a lot of time juggling through my abilities. Body Slam plus Liche Bane proc is can put out some serious damage.

The one thing I never, ever do is use Barrel Roll to harass or farm. I use it purely to add a Liche Bane proc to my next attack while at the same time causing a little extra damage if the enemy is retreating (and maybe slowing them while I'm at it with Rylai's). I don't even level it up until I have no choice.

Magical Kunkka

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareX2 View Post
I find AP tank Gragas to be pretty effective. I find Liche Bane to be a pretty great item on him since I spend a lot of time juggling through my abilities. Body Slam plus Liche Bane proc is can put out some serious damage.

The one thing I never, ever do is use Barrel Roll to harass or farm. I use it purely to add a Liche Bane proc to my next attack while at the same time causing a little extra damage if the enemy is retreating (and maybe slowing them while I'm at it with Rylai's). I don't even level it up until I have no choice.
Not using barrel roll to harrass with an AP Gragas build? You're losing the whole advantage of dominating your lane with constant streams of barrels. AP Gragas is a complete pain early-mid game while late game he becomes less of a problem. Pure tank Gragas would be better if you're not using barrels at all.