Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

05-03-2012

While you're at it, remove Snowabe and all his 200+ refer a friend smurf accounts from the Tribunal forums. Helps to remove the people who have already blatantly abused the system for a badge, as an example to those who might use it properly

Phourc

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvinLawlz View Post
So no refering yourself and making smurfs?
I believe this is what she means, I wish she were more clear ):

OctaGandhi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

I can still make multiple unlinked accounts then I assume.

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Don't know what kind of fraud could be so effective with current limitations, but I guess if you see someone with 20 lvl 10 never play again referrals that's indicative. I've refered a bunch of friends who failed to utilize the li.k I sent them, perhaps you could allow existing players to recognize their referral, beyond that, I'm far from caring, none of this applies to or matters to me.

blitz4

05-03-2012

Then don't make exclusive **** that promotes exploiting the system please. That Twitch skin has me drooling in my seat. I almost bought automated referrals that would of cost me two hundred dollars.

All of that just for that Twitch skin. I have many games played as him so....

Foomps

05-03-2012

what if someone already smurfed for some rewards?

Bloodpaly

05-03-2012

What if I have in the past created smurfs to play w/ rl friends and some of them (maybe 1/3 of them) were done w/ a referral link?

My friends all suck at this game =/

OctaGandhi

05-03-2012

It is probably best to start all over and just assume all your previous accounts will be banned.

Mr SiberianS

05-03-2012

Wait people have already probably used the "fraud" or "Bot"

Do you ban those current ones?

How is this going to work? Aren't you guys suppose to put this in consideration at the first release of refer a friend...

Swineflew1

05-03-2012

If you don't want refer a friend smurfs than stop making us do your advertising when the goals are impossible for a normal person to reach.