Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiznazTM

05-03-2012

Cool, when is Varus.

PsionicApe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackrifice View Post
Wrong. In the ToS that you agreed to to swap over to the new program, it said that all fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and it included referring yourself to be fraud.
^This.

And I'm sure that the newer updated terns with the new referral program were changed with self-referrals in mind. It seems this was a way to clear the slate, toughen the terms, and actually try to clean up some of the rampant abuse.

TheEye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

IS THAT SO? Then what about all that friends I invited with beta invites????? Why don't I get credit for them eh??

Eph289

05-03-2012

Riot laying down the law.

First banning 600 fools for exploit abuse. Now sending in Rara . . . whose avatar is Akali . . . whose champion title is the Fist of Shadow . . . for Riot . . . whose logo is . . . a FIST.

icwutudidthar roit

OctaGandhi

05-03-2012

Will this also free up the names?

Oberic

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackrifice View Post
How can you prove that the person just didn't let their friend play on their computer?
Good question.

jcurl

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
I have smurfed in the past, and I currently have one smurf I plan to play incase my main does every get suspended or banned. Is it safe to continue to play this account, or do I have to create a new account?
She's talking about people who have an abnormal amount (let's say 50+) of fake referral accounts they leveled up to 10 (5 on the old system) and then promptly abandoned those accounts. Don't get too paranoid.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

05-03-2012

But then I'll never get my Warwick Skin! Its not fair to have exclusive rewards that cannot be attained through any other means except by knowing a **** ton of people irl who will also be willing to download, play, and lvl up to lvl 10. IP and RP, as well as Bundles, or CONTENT THAT CAN BE PURCHASED are fine rewards. But exclusive rewards are not fair.

LaMore

05-03-2012

I'm still on 1.0. Will remain on 1.0 until I have Medieval Twitch. At which point I will gladly agree to never refer myself or repeated friends again >.>

Pryme49

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurl View Post
She's talking about people who have an abnormal amount (let's say 50) of fake referral accounts they leveled up to 10 (5 on the old system) and then promptly abandoned those accounts.
I would agree with you on that it needs to be an abnormal amount, because lets be honest, im sure most of the people who play this pretty regularly have referred a smurf or two in the past...