Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karunashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Would have been much better if this announcement was made with the release of Refer-a-friend 2.0. So basically we can't refer ourselves anymore starting now.

Clerigon

05-03-2012

Then start to ban all the ppl who have the "everything unlocked"

Snackrifice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

How can you prove that the person just didn't let their friend play on their computer?

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

05-03-2012

What about the upcoming items? "Athene's Unholy Grail"

There has been a petition against him having his name on the item and the thread had like ~500 upvotes.
There was a lot of talk about smurfing there.

Can you say something to that?

Snackrifice

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karunashi View Post
Would have been much better if this announcement was made with the release of Refer-a-friend 2.0. So basically we can't refer ourselves anymore starting now.
Wrong. In the ToS that you agreed to to swap over to the new program, it said that all fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and it included referring yourself to be fraud.

Syvenon

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Does this mean smufing is now bannable?

If so, how do you suggest I play with my lower levelled friends?
making a smurf is not bannable, saying you referred that smurf is.

Reaper

05-03-2012

Riot, I have invited 300+ friends to play on my computer, can I get banned??

Kamina

05-03-2012

I have smurfed in the past, and I currently have one smurf I plan to play incase my main does every get suspended or banned. Is it safe to continue to play this account, or do I have to create a new account?

Renegade Mugetsu

05-03-2012

i knew this day would come

Pryme49

05-03-2012

2 questions...

1. Does this apply to people who already had the referrals sent out before now, or does it just include new ones?

2. Im not sure if anyone on the Riot team has taken a look at Ebay, but i see several people offering to sell their time to make accounts so people can get the rewards. Not so much a question but more like a statement

*EDIT*

to further help my 2nd point, take a look at this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/League-of-Le...item1e6dc19e9c

i mean it is clearly a way to make money while helping someone get their rewards. How do you prevent people from doing this?