Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowhunter177

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Does this mean smufing is now bannable?

If so, how do you suggest I play with my lower levelled friends?
Ok, I have heard in game of people who have been smurfing and refering themselves from their account. I was wondering if you would be punished for this? If so, what would be the boundary for punishment? (Like number of times which have been done, because punishing for one seems like a waste of everybodies time including that of yours) I was just curious if those people would be banned, if so I would atempt to do my best to let people I play with know so they do not fall into trouble. I do not believe that smurffing is illegal, just refering yourself. Although, I do not know which is why I am posting this.

Camen Sieder

02-25-2013

ISO credit for my 6 referrals

Derpina27

02-26-2013

wow

WolfeOrome

02-26-2013

I'm kinda confused. How do they know what is a fake referral? For example, some people might start a new account and refer themselves and level up to 10 then quit. But I've referred friends, real life people, who didn't like the game a whole lot but I asked them to play with me at least until level 10, and then they quit after helping me get the reward. To anyone who doesn't know, these look the same. I have a lot of friends who like to help me out, we've done the same thing on other games before, just get other people to play and if they don't like it, they quit after the reward. Should I be paranoid?

Myth

02-26-2013

I too am worrying and paranoid about how riot goes about determining which referrals are legit and which are fake...more secure methods should be implemented.

zoolt

02-27-2013

I wonder about this.
i refer myself but i don't stop at lvl 10 i work to get lvl 30 then i decide if i want to quit or not.
so would i get banned if i refered myself say 100 times but leveled each account to 30?
although it would probably take me a very long time to make 100 account and get them to lvl 30.
but i am just wondering...
Note: i have 3 league accounts atm 1 30 and 2 20's which i do play from time to time.

Chief Hendo

02-28-2013

I've refered 2 friends and they both have gotten to lvl 10 but yet I haven't gotten any rp. How come I'm not getting anything? I have clicked redeem on both milestones.

Terror96

02-28-2013

Awww.... I was going to see if I could get myself 975RP, but oh well.... thanks for letting me know so that I don't banned.

Terror96

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Hendo View Post
I've refered 2 friends and they both have gotten to lvl 10 but yet I haven't gotten any rp. How come I'm not getting anything? I have clicked redeem on both milestones.
The reason why you haven't gotten RP is because you need 10 referred friends to get their accounts to level 10.... and then u can redeem your 975RP!
So pretty much you get....
1. 500IP/ Referral Badge
2. 500IP
3. 500IP
4. 500IP
5. 500IP/ Rune Page
10. 975RP ect
works cited: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/rewards/

LoLNoobsSuck

03-01-2013

Oh God I saw this then I was like :O I NEED TO START.But then I read this... NVMMMMM!M!MM!M!M!M!!!!