Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dia Damyan

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviyor View Post
Completely fair, but you guys should get around to post-creation acknowledgement of referral.

Sometimes we forget to send the referral link or spread information by word of mouth, making random characters bothersome to deal with.

EDIT: Additionally, you should look at bumping up the rewards a bit. Before, you would get 600 or so IP from a referral, but now you only get 250 for level 5 referrals and sporadic milestone rewards which taper off in efficiency a bit, ignoring the fact that they require an account to reach level 10.

Given these new anti-fraud mechanisms, surely you can afford to make some changes.
I agree, I didn't know about the program so the guy who referred me couldn't get credit

RoninHound

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRara View Post
Summoners!

We recently popped the cork on the second iteration of our Refer-a-Friend Program, so we thought it might be time to have a little chat with those of you intending to take advantage of this system. Exploiting the Refer-a-Friend program is not only unfair to those summoners who make an honest effort to introduce others to League of Legends, but also detrimental to everyone’s overall experience – particularly when the methods employed can potentially ruin honest players’ games.

Consider this fair warning. We’re going to be treating any attempt to exploit the Refer-a-Friend program the same way that we would any other fraud attempt. This means that our ever-vigilant Fraud Prevention Team will be monitoring the system, ready to pounce on perpetrators of nefarious schemes aimed at acquiring dishonest referrals. And once we found them, they’re going to find themselves subject to some pretty hefty consequences, including:

• The loss of any and all content acquired under dubious circumstances.
  • A permanent ban from the Refer-a-Friend Program.
  • A suspension or in some cases, a permanent ban from League of Legends.

Our commitment to honest players has always been one of our ideals as a company, and the Refer-a-Friend Program is no different. We’re taking this seriously, and we hope that you are, too.
D'awwwww i was JUST starting to make my accounts 2-11 so i could get that 975 rp, rune page, and extra ip. I suppose i will not do that. Im not kidding i totally was gonna do that. Fack.

Restosexual

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Thank you.

KillerofGods

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangoDaikaziku View Post
;_; So Instead of rewarding players who spend hours playing this game, occasionally Buying Skins or poking around in forums, you would ban there accounts for playing the game too much trying to get exclusive content. That sounds worse than Blizzard..
Of course if you put these rewards out there hard core fans are going to game their fingers off to get them and convince others to do the same. If I was a game developer, I would love if someone played through 100+ LvL 10 characters to enjoy more parts of the game.

Just Saying..
I've never had any problems with blizzard and in fact have only good things to say abou them just saying...

Mr Liu

Recruiter

02-05-2013

thx

alexiniokill2

02-05-2013

Hi league of legends.A man hack my account and now is playing on this.The player is Pan the big man plz or change the password ans give it to me or bbann it plzz!!!Can you help mee???

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
I had a friend sign up in Refer a Friend 2.0 and get past level 10. I clicked Redeem. I got the "recruiter" title for about 10 minutes before it vanished, and I've yet to get anything for it.
Still nothing. After almost a week of back and forth, Support basically blew me off, telling me "sometimes it takes time."

I've never seen someone with the Recruiter title. It's obvious it doesn't work, and it's just insulting that they think we're too stupid to realize it.

Banned Lulu

02-06-2013

just play the game right people why do you have to cheat...it ruins it for real gamers

LordShuriken

02-07-2013

What if our RP is not given to us? I am waiting on 2 in which i referred, and my gf EvilAnn72 is awaiting 2. Is there a delay in sending them out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRara View Post
Summoners!
We recently popped the cork on the second iteration of our Refer-a-Friend Program, so we thought it might be time to have a little chat with those of you intending to take advantage of this system. Exploiting the Refer-a-Friend program is not only unfair to those summoners who make an honest effort to introduce others to League of Legends, but also detrimental to everyone’s overall experience – particularly when the methods employed can potentially ruin honest players’ games.

Consider this fair warning. We’re going to be treating any attempt to exploit the Refer-a-Friend program the same way that we would any other fraud attempt. This means that our ever-vigilant Fraud Prevention Team will be monitoring the system, ready to pounce on perpetrators of nefarious schemes aimed at acquiring dishonest referrals. And once we found them, they’re going to find themselves subject to some pretty hefty consequences, including:

• The loss of any and all content acquired under dubious circumstances.
  • A permanent ban from the Refer-a-Friend Program.
  • A suspension or in some cases, a permanent ban from League of Legends.

Our commitment to honest players has always been one of our ideals as a company, and the Refer-a-Friend Program is no different. We’re taking this seriously, and we hope that you are, too.

Brawlur

02-08-2013

Smurfing isnt bannable just referring your smurf to your main is.