Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PuLsENyanPanda

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satirev Jay View Post
i referred a friend and he said he signed up using my link but i havent seen the reflection on my account. im trying to refer as many persons as i can but i have so far gotten two persons to sign up using my link so im wondering if i have to get over 10 people to sign up before i see the rewards
Same i have refered 2 people and i still have not got my reward.

elvis cocho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

amm.. so making is smurfs is not allowed?

Castlevania

01-14-2013

Its not a good system now and hasn't been a good system in the past. You really have to want to like this game in order to play it in the first place. The amount of people that the system asks you to refer just breeds youtube videos with links promising "free RP" or 'free champions' just to get people to follow their referral link, so how is that not fraud, or even remotely helpful to the community and game?

Just make medieval twitch 1850 RP and reward people more moderately for referring a friend who reaches level 20 and again at level 30.

Again, if the system changed then there would be less incentive for people to try to cheat it. As it stands now, it's wildly unreasonable. I don't even try to introduce people to LoL anymore, because those who have tried it at my behest have come away frustrated and unhappy.

I love the game but I strongly feel a change to the entire Refer-a-Friend program needs to be considered.

DuctTapeMonkey

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshinmon View Post
Thank you. Sick of these refer a friend smurfs.
you are aware that it will only keep smurfs around longer so they can get the lvl 10 requirements right?

Signature13

01-14-2013

"Exploiting the Refer-a-Friend program is not only unfair to those summoners who make an honest effort to introduce others to League of Legends, but also detrimental to everyone’s overall experience – particularly when the methods employed can potentially ruin honest players’ games."

None of us care that some are exploiting it. Detrimental to everyone's overall experience? Sure, that's just us going on smurfs. That would happen with or without this program.

Sounds like Riot just doesn't want us to get free RP..

wabababa

01-15-2013

in youtube there are a ton of links to make them referred by luring them with "free rp"

TAKE THEM ALL AWAY

Elven InterFace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

lol

PuLsENyanPanda

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven InterFace View Post
lol
Meow :3

theStrongDong

01-16-2013

So No more making smurfs to refer?

Drejul

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSaga View Post
So No more making smurfs to refer?
Correct