Aegis of the Legion worthless?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wonyeir

05-03-2012

My friend and I have differing opinions on the Aegis of the Legion.

I think it is a great tank/support item. I like the tank stats and helpful aura, and often build it on champs such as Taric and Galio.

My friend thinks otherwise. He belives the aura is too small and next to useless, and he would always rather buy an item that gives higher simaler stats to just the champion he's playing.

Is he right? Is Aegis worthless?

axesandspears

05-03-2012

Auras are about 1000 range, and the aura is a free bonus on the item. Aegis of the Legion is also very cost-efficient for the bearer without any allies nearby, even if you are using the lowest estimates of stat values.

Now on a tank, Frozen Heart, Sunfire Cape, and Randuin's Omen are all better items for the slot, but they come at higher costs and lower cost-efficiency. The decision really comes down to preference: Do you want to improve your team's chances in early team fights, or do you want to rush the items with cooldown reduction or stronger effects on the slot. There are cases where each choice is better or worse than the other.

RealQueenElsa

05-03-2012

It's a very nice item in my opinion, but personally I think you need to get it before the 30 minute mark to see the most use out of it.

Irelia Bot

05-03-2012

If is a good item if one person has it boosting the whole team but if 2+ people get it then it is less useful.

Vuther

05-03-2012

What!?

BURN THE HERETIC!

Seriously, it's one of the best items in the game. Cost-efficiency through the roof and just giving stuff you will almost always need on a bunch of champions.

McC1oud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

It is particularly bought for the support character. You support by making your'e team stronger above yourself, thats why support don't get minion kills. By buying auras, you increase everyones armor and and magic resistance. I remember someone did a calculation where the item is effectivly worth somehwhere to the amount of 4000-5000g in a team fight.

Another item i like to build is soul shroud. +10%cdr to everyone in range

Peligrad

05-04-2012

SOul Shroud is undeniably useless.

Any champ that required CDR is going to take care of that early on. And mana-less champions run rampant. The cost is too high to be purchased when the mana regen would be useful. And the item doesn't build out of gold/5.That item is trash.

Aegis on the other hand is one of the best items out there.

Every team should run an Aegis, and a RO or FH (or both) along with one WotA.

All 4 of those items are just too strong to ignore.

axesandspears

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
SOul Shroud is undeniably useless.

Any champ that required CDR is going to take care of that early on. And mana-less champions run rampant. The cost is too high to be purchased when the mana regen would be useful. And the item doesn't build out of gold/5.That item is trash.

Aegis on the other hand is one of the best items out there.

Every team should run an Aegis, and a RO or FH (or both) along with one WotA.

All 4 of those items are just too strong to ignore.
Actually, Soulshroud is not useless as an item on its own. It is actually worth its cost for the stats and the stats are useful on their own. The problem is that its benefits are very limited and there is absolutely no reason to take it over ANY OTHER DEFENSE OR SUPPORT ITEM.

The only reason why one could feasibly justify taking Soulshroud over an other item is for the cooldown reduction aura, but because you have to be in range when your allies first cast their spells it is less reliable. When defensive items had their cooldown reduction nerfs across the board, Soulshroud is the one item that should have been left alone, unfortunately it was not.

If someone wanted the mana regen aura they could just buy the mana manipulator and sell it later.

trancepticom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

One of the most underrated items in the game. Your allies benefit greatly from it... the aura is enough for most team fights, unless your team somehow got split up or you're fighting without the aegis owner, in which case you have much bigger problems than aegis aura.

Chaiyns

05-04-2012

Aegis is incredible, two ae...gi? on two different champions gives your whole team a ridiculous amount of effective health.