Maokai

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oozra

04-29-2012

Maokai is super fun in dominion !!

i don t get many kills but i rack up the assist

So far , im building him pretty tanky . RoA , boots (based on what i need) than i go either armor or MR or both .

As rune , i use magic pen , armor yellow and cdr/lvl blue .

How you guys use him ?

DJTK

04-29-2012

As firewood for Shyvana :)

Oozra

04-29-2012

you suck

don t you dare hurt my precious maokai lol

DJTK

04-29-2012

Protective of your wood? :p

Zarthorn

04-29-2012

As a ghost when I don't have a carry to ult xD

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2012

I go 9/21/0 masteries, and tanky runes, with the exception of two MS quints and mpen marks.
In game, I build Tanky AP and am usually bottom lane. Very few champions give me any trouble (including Yorick), but some can be quite the challenge (Soraka, Mordekaiser, Graves).

By the endgame, it's usually best if someone switches with me, because in most games I become nigh unkillable and Maokai's teamfight presence is invaluable.
Even if they don't, I take ghost for a reason. There are times when I can ghost to top, destroy a teamfight, and recall to my point before my opponent at bot has started to channel. I love this tree.

(And I have the charred skin, so I don't particularly mind being on fire. :P)

konfetarius

04-29-2012

Honestly I don't understand why Moakai is not more popular. Great CC, great damage, great utility. Can both hold and assault points like a boss. Has a built in mini-claivorance. And I am fairly certain he can counter or stalemate some of the OP bot champs (Yorrick and AD Malzahar seem like top of the list).

Oozra

04-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTK View Post
Protective of your wood?
God i love my wood

DJTK

04-29-2012

Lawl. I may start practicing with Maokai

maxusmaximus

04-29-2012

if you're top and you're team has a good start you are almost guaranteed to win as mao gets stronger and stronger as the game goes on, build pretty much the same as others 9/21/0 with mpen marks/armor yellows/mres blues with some cdr/lvls. he can hold a point really well to the point he can just stand and tank 3 enemy's on his own as the game goes on. i try to play him top or if i do go bot i usually swap out to top as the game goes on if i can but he can do well at both points. I'm surprised more people dont play him, even during free week i haven't seen that much of him.