League of Legends Development Priorities: LIVE AMA w/ Tryndamere

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Because we don't know what the stealth remake will require to make it right. Make sense? We need to experiment and try a lot of different things, so we can't disclose what we don't know.
That's fair enough, but let me ask you this. If you were trying to squeeze through a hole five inches wide, and failed, would you keep trying and trying for years on end until you managed to make it through? Of course not. As another poster stated above me, if it's taken this amount of time and you guys still have no idea how to make Eve the Longterm Stealth Assassin work, why keep at it? Make her Eve the Five Second Max Stealth Assassin. I think you answered one of the questions (or agreed with someone else's response stating this) that you guys really want to rework Eve because long term stealth is her thing, and Twitch's thing. But how many years do you need to fight through before it becomes apparent that it's just not working?

I'm suddenly reminded of the annoying guy on the team who dives past four enemies and a turret to kill the one running squishy, even at the cost of giving the enemy four assists and a kill, because god forbid the squishy escapes. Tryndamere, let the squishy escape. Either accept the fact that newbies are going to get annihilated by stealth, or stop trying to make a long term stealth system that's both competitive on the world stage, yet easy enough to deal with for the guys who try to melee Anniebot and then whine on the forums about how OP she is. Stealth cannot be easy on the newbies, yet good enough for M5. It just can't be done. How many years does it take to realize that? Either let the newbies suffer, or do away with longterm stealth. That's the only way this is ever going to get done, by the looks of it.

...which reminds me, if Eve was nerfed so hard because she stomped newbies, did it ever occur to you that ANY champion can stomp newbies, because they're newbies and that's what happens? If you think Eve chased away your customers, I can honestly say the same thing about Anniebot. It's silly that you pick on two champions for their ability to stomp on people who refuse to ward, when ANY champion in the hands of an experienced player can stomp the inexperienced just as hard.

But really, just to put the exclamation point on this poorly constructed rant, over the past two years, I'm sure there were several systems and ideas that you were sure would work, that you tested thoroughly, that you were so sure were IT, it's done, stealth rework next patch. And then it flopped. And so did the next one, and so did the next one. If you don't know what to do about this after this amount of time, it's time to stop trying to squeeze through the five inch hole and go find the door.

Godsfame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Where mah pikachu kennen skin.

Ryrythegrouchy

05-04-2012

Quote:
Because we don't know what the stealth remake will require to make it right. Make sense? We need to experiment and try a lot of different things, so we can't disclose what we don't know.
After however long its taken to get to this point, with no end in sight, is it really to much to ask for some non-stealth related buff or change to make the character so you don't get reported before the game starts, while you consider the stealth remake options that will take however much longer it'll take?

RapZero

05-04-2012

Quote:
I'm surprised and disappointed by the comments in this thread, as I did my best to get to every topic I could for over an hour, in particular sorting by those most important topics that you guys referenced here.
I think we have different definitions of important. For all the **** I've given you in this thread. I do like Riot, the game, and appreciate everything you guys do to make this the most community interactive gaming company around. You aren't too high and mighty to talk to your community. But nothing really important got answered. Pulsefire Ezreal, people know it's coming they are just extremely impatient and annoying. Answering that question is not going to stop all the PULSEFIRE EZREAL WHERE? The guy above me basically read my mind on the stealth rework.

Prices, finally putting the whole magma chamber thing to rest, and Mac are all good(I mean the reason I won't buy a mac is because I can't play league well on it.) But I would've much rather hear about stuff that actually effect gameplay of the game, game mechanics, how the game is balanced.

ZiPS

05-04-2012

Quote:
...There isn't anything that is "done" that we're simply sitting on. The second we have stuff that can scale, is awesome and will elicit a "wow" factor from you guys, we ship it (and we need to do this globally to tens of millions of people - which is hard in and of itself)...

...For realz~
Does this apply to Varus, or was he held back for other reasons? We were told when the spectator mode patch shipped that he was held back so that we could take in the full glory of spectator mode. I believe Rara's said something about not stealing the spotlight. This contradicts your statement Tryndamere. So I ask, as of spectator mode shipping, was Varus finished?

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

05-04-2012

I'd like to mention that the Reds said months ago that Eve was done, playtesters liked her, she was set. The Reds said that Twitch's kit was what was stalling the rework. But your AMA answers stated the opposite! That Twitch is done and Eve is stalling you guys. I suppose it is what it is and I have no real question about this specifically, but as I stated earlier, if long term stealth has taken two years to balance and you still can't do it in a way that will make you happy, why can't you just give up on it and settle for short term stealth like Shaco and Vayne? Hell, at this point, I think a lot of people would be happy if you iced their stealth entirely, and turned Twitch into a different kind of ranged AD and Eve into some kind of melee caster. At this point, most of us just want to play the champions. We don't care too much what you do, we just want it done, and the champions even remotely viable.

Though I do wonder why Eve can't receive buffs if Twitch can do everything she can do, better. If the problem is stealth stomping newbies, why can't Eve at least be buffed to Twitch's level? She'd stomp newbies too hard? Twitch can do that already, with the advantage of RANGE.

Treize14

05-04-2012

Quote:
I berieve in you Riot and Tryndamere!

Moridin63

05-05-2012

You really need to address the pricing issue.
Is the new 6300 everything policy just so that people get pissed off at how long it takes to get a lot of champions and all the useful runes that they just buy more and more RP?

Deathgodnero

Recruiter

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapZero View Post
I think we have different definitions of important. For all the **** I've given you in this thread. I do like Riot, the game, and appreciate everything you guys do to make this the most community interactive gaming company around. You aren't too high and mighty to talk to your community. But nothing really important got answered. Pulsefire Ezreal, people know it's coming they are just extremely impatient and annoying. Answering that question is not going to stop all the PULSEFIRE EZREAL WHERE? The guy above me basically read my mind on the stealth rework.

Prices, finally putting the whole magma chamber thing to rest, and Mac are all good(I mean the reason I won't buy a mac is because I can't play league well on it.) But I would've much rather hear about stuff that actually effect gameplay of the game, game mechanics, how the game is balanced.
Honestly I couldn't agree with you more how is the game balanced? Would that disclose to much information as how to counter every champion out there. It would be a numbers game Them NERDS would be the super players.