Items for Blitzcrank solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelly Divine Fan

05-03-2012

Hello Summoners,

I have been trying out Blitzcrank solo top and have no idea what items to get and what to build late game. I just wrote a very great thread but then hit the backspace button to delete all of it so I am now mad. If you could post in the comments on what you recommend as items that would be great.

(Off topic of solo top) Whenever I support Blitzcrank with my team, I always seem to not have enough money to even get good items because I have to spend so much on wards (I pride myself on having good ward placements and never not having a ward up). I know that you start Ferry Charm into Sorcerers Stone but then what. I do understand that Blitzcrank is sort of tanky so should I go mass health or mass mana since my passive basically gives me 50% health back for like 10 seconds if I have decent mana.

If you have any idea on what to build for Blitzcrank solo top or support bottom that would be very helpfull for my team to get more wins.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Support Blitz is awesome, but I understand your pain. There is three ways I play Blitz. I solo top, support bottom, and jungle Blitz.

Solo top is probably the least rewarding as Blitz, and kind of defeats his early game besides feeding himself. I understand your need for items, when I solo top as Blitz I usually let them push as much as possible, getting the last hits I can. Once they are near the tower, you know what to do.

As far as items go, I'll usually start with boots. Boots help you get CS, you'll have to buy them anyways, and frankly you're pretty weak when you're out of mana and you might need to run before you get level 3. Then, depending on how well I'm getting farmed I'll go Phil stone/ Hog (Depending on if I'm getting bursted or harrased too hard) or grab my Tear first. If you're farming well, possibly grabbed a turret kill, grab that tear fast and you've gained a HUGE leg on the competition.

A lot of people like Sheen on Blitz, its a good way to go for damage... but lets be honest here. Blitz isn't so **** powerful because of his damage. Its his mechanics, I'll usually build an ROA if I'm getting good farm, because that's 800 Damage you can escape once it fills out. If not, I'll go Frozen heart, Banshee's Viel/complete my archangel or manamune.

From there, it is completely situational. If you find your team lacking damage, grab your manamune/archangel for that little extra damage early. Though remember, you're no good to your team dead. And even on with cooldowns, you frighten the hell out of the other team.

I'm not saying tanky is the only way, but its your mechanics that make you so powerful. Abuse them, and stay alive for them. If I get into a long enough game to complete the previous build, I'll go ahead and build a Warmogs. If it really extends past that, I'll probably spend my 40s on death deciding what is best for the situation.

If you want to jungle blitz I suggest spending tons of time practicing against bots before going into a real game. I probably jungled 20 games by myself before I found the right Rune/Masteries to give me a fast, sustained jungle. It can be done, and his ganks are amazing. Be prepared to get raged, then preparte to gloat when your whole team is fed thanks to you.

One quick tip to getting easy kills: Grab mid from Wraiths by putting a ward just out of reach of their tower. Won't know what hit them.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Simply put:
As Blitz solotop you want Philo Stone and Heart of Gold.
You want Manamune and Trinity Force along with Speed boots or Merc Treads. (Possibly Ninja Tabi if you are getting rocked).
A good build for Bruiser Blitzcrank (solo top) I believe is:
Philo Stone - Heart of Gold - mana part of manamune - boots 1 - manamune - boots 2 - Trinity Force - Banshee Veil - sell Philo Stone - Frozen Heart - sell Heart of Gold - Guardian Angel or damage item.

Kelly Divine Fan

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
Support Blitz is awesome, but I understand your pain. There is three ways I play Blitz. I solo top, support bottom, and jungle Blitz.

Solo top is probably the least rewarding as Blitz, and kind of defeats his early game besides feeding himself. I understand your need for items, when I solo top as Blitz I usually let them push as much as possible, getting the last hits I can. Once they are near the tower, you know what to do.

As far as items go, I'll usually start with boots. Boots help you get CS, you'll have to buy them anyways, and frankly you're pretty weak when you're out of mana and you might need to run before you get level 3. Then, depending on how well I'm getting farmed I'll go Phil stone/ Hog (Depending on if I'm getting bursted or harrased too hard) or grab my Tear first. If you're farming well, possibly grabbed a turret kill, grab that tear fast and you've gained a HUGE leg on the competition.

A lot of people like Sheen on Blitz, its a good way to go for damage... but lets be honest here. Blitz isn't so **** powerful because of his damage. Its his mechanics, I'll usually build an ROA if I'm getting good farm, because that's 800 Damage you can escape once it fills out. If not, I'll go Frozen heart, Banshee's Viel/complete my archangel or manamune.

From there, it is completely situational. If you find your team lacking damage, grab your manamune/archangel for that little extra damage early. Though remember, you're no good to your team dead. And even on with cooldowns, you frighten the hell out of the other team.

I'm not saying tanky is the only way, but its your mechanics that make you so powerful. Abuse them, and stay alive for them. If I get into a long enough game to complete the previous build, I'll go ahead and build a Warmogs. If it really extends past that, I'll probably spend my 40s on death deciding what is best for the situation.

If you want to jungle blitz I suggest spending tons of time practicing against bots before going into a real game. I probably jungled 20 games by myself before I found the right Rune/Masteries to give me a fast, sustained jungle. It can be done, and his ganks are amazing. Be prepared to get raged, then preparte to gloat when your whole team is fed thanks to you.

One quick tip to getting easy kills: Grab mid from Wraiths by putting a ward just out of reach of their tower. Won't know what hit them.
Thank you for the feedback. I will surely try this out my next game. I also have been wondering about Blitzcrank jungle but never really did it. Since I have never seen a Blitzcrank jungle in pro games I feel like there are way better junglers that they are using instead of Blitzcrank.

Twyndyllyng

05-03-2012

Better? Probably.
More fun? Doubtful.

CG Uz

05-03-2012

You can itemize him for:
-mana
-AD carry
-Bruiser
-AP, but i dont recommend it
-full on tank.

howdoyouplayDOTA

05-04-2012

If you aren't laning blitzcrank as support, I feel that trinity force is the single best item for him, as it does so much with his kit. Also, a banshees veil is generally a good item, and you could consider other top lane items such as wriggles lantern and wits end, however these would be very situational. Frozen heart is also a very good item on blitzcrank. I personally dont build a manamune but that is personal preference.

iEatMuffin

07-26-2012

get ad quints and reds, rock *****ess with your power fist. get philo but not hog because hog doesnt build into what you want, for armor you want frozen heart, mr, banshess, ad , manamune, and triforce, your last item you can get bloodthirsters to rock *****ess harder, like really hard youll be wrecking everybody, or warmogs if you need more tankiness on your team, but understand that bt gives you some tankiness as well from the lifesteal.blitz wrecks. and your shiled get so big you get so tanky, and your damage is good because of AS buff and POW FIST. with triforce that thing takes out a third of a squishy lol

hc ninja turtle

07-26-2012

get mercs, heart of gold, philo, sheen, aegis, complete trinity, bloodthirster

Blaine Tog

07-26-2012

How to carry as Blitz:

1) Build anything.

2) Fire your Rocket Grab every time it comes off cooldown.

3) Hit someone once during the last 10 minutes of the game.

4) Win.

(I kid, of course. But seriously, that grab is BS.)