[IronStylus's Code] Cracking the mystery, one letter at a time

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

IronStylus was hinting about Diana all along . . .

PinkGhost

08-06-2012

**** parrot.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-07-2012

And now we can hear it in the Client Login.

OhMyJoshpny

08-07-2012

Looks like I'm late to the party...
When is the next one?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-20-2012
80 of 80 Riot Posts

Sorry to necro, but this was to be the "reward" for the eventual discovering of all the pieces of the code. I had a really elaborate scheme planned which involved more embedding of information into pictures. Individual pixels would have formed the constellation Leo.. (Leona, hah!) with one star missing, Regulus. Each "star's" RGB value would output only gibberish, unlike the first set of RGB clues, but when run through the Regulus "cipher", it would eventually spell out the rest of the poem. One would know that the picture was complete by an embedded watermark interlaced into the images, when superimposed on each other would form the Solari sun emblem.

It was all pretty complex, a friend of mine who's a brilliant engineer helped me figure it out. If someone had caught onto that system we planned on plugging values into snippets of songs as binary code which my wife was experimenting with. Eventually, we were thinking of having the code lead to www.embracetheheresy.com or www.protectthefaith.com, where the song would be available after solving some other clue.

That of course all came to a screeching halt when those spell names came into public knowledge, hence sort of blowing the whole thing, and any further clues would have just confirmed something that I wasn't comfortable confirming yet.

Anywhoozle, I hope you enjoy the little present my wife put together here a while back. This was the original inspiration for the song that made it onto the login screen.

http://soundcloud.com/dappin/diana-poem-sung

ScantyDemon

08-20-2012

Yay! =) Very beautiful!

Mettalknight

08-20-2012

Late but very very good was definetly worth the wait!

Akanoth

08-20-2012

Loved the whole trip though, =P Diana needs a cousin so IronStylus can do it again. Was very fun to follow.

Qwid

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword Maker View Post
New Leona skin imo or Leona's opposite from a group that worships the moon.
THIS GUY GOT IT IN EARLY MAY, necro but cmooooon.

ArmySquirrel

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Sorry to necro, but this was to be the "reward" for the eventual discovering of all the pieces of the code. I had a really elaborate scheme planned which involved more embedding of information into pictures. Individual pixels would have formed the constellation Leo.. (Leona, hah!) with one star missing, Regulus. Each "star's" RGB value would output only gibberish, unlike the first set of RGB clues, but when run through the Regulus "cipher", it would eventually spell out the rest of the poem. One would know that the picture was complete by an embedded watermark interlaced into the images, when superimposed on each other would form the Solari sun emblem.

It was all pretty complex, a friend of mine who's a brilliant engineer helped me figure it out. If someone had caught onto that system we planned on plugging values into snippets of songs as binary code which my wife was experimenting with. Eventually, we were thinking of having the code lead to www.embracetheheresy.com or www.protectthefaith.com, where the song would be available after solving some other clue.

That of course all came to a screeching halt when those spell names came into public knowledge, hence sort of blowing the whole thing, and any further clues would have just confirmed something that I wasn't comfortable confirming yet.

Anywhoozle, I hope you enjoy the little present my wife put together here a while back. This was the original inspiration for the song that made it onto the login screen.

http://soundcloud.com/dappin/diana-poem-sung
I really wonder how I missed this, wow, that's pretty too. Now I wish there was a version with the song and the poem put together in one single song! Ah, if only I had more musical capability.

And since I'm necroing the thread anyway (thread and song worth it), I'd like to take the opportunity to thank IronStylus again for the fun forum game, and to thank him and the Riot team for making Diana. She instantly became one of my favorite champions and has since become one of my two mains (the other being Leona, just don't look at my match history right now, lol, it sucks). She's the only champion so far I've unlocked immediately on release day, and it was a mighty fine release (barring balance issues, heh), but I'll admit I'd have insta-unlocked Leona too if I had an account back then.

So I guess TL;DR: gj IronStylus, and gj Riot. Embrace the Faith.