Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
♪Alright I understand,♪ Sona replied, feeling she was angering Maokai again, ♪So i have wondered, what was your life like before you were brought to this form? I assume the life of a tree is a peaceful one, when it's left alone of course.♪
The Treant gained a wistful look upon his face. "Life was... different, then. Peaceful, perhaps, in a different sense. When I was but a tree I felt more connected with the earth. The world. I knew more, because Nature shared information with me through that connection-- roots are more than just water absorbers. They're a lifeline, a connection, a way to communicate across the land."

"While it's true that I knew of all the things happening in the world-- the strife, the taint of magic, the way the world changed-- it was not my place to take action, nor care. My purpose then was to stand strong, to oversee and survive. Now I'm called into these battles as a tool for either side, to be moved around like a pawn in a game of chess."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Diana quirked a brow curiously, but did not look amused.

I did not call you a gardener, nor did I say you are one. I believe that those who were once and still wish to fully be a part of nature's balance would help in restoring what has been lost, even with something as others would call "simple" as the creation of a garden.

A short pause.

I know you are wise for being around so many years, even while you did not move or talk as you are now... so only you can truly decide what to gain if you do wish to partake in this endeavor.
"I did not say you called me one, simply that you treated me as such." The Treant corrected. "Besides, Nature's balance does not need a helping hand, Lunari. Nature rights everything itself, it just takes more time. You could even say that if your temple were meant to have a garden, then the flowers would eventually push through and grow themselves."

He waved that humongous arm of his.

"It depends on where this temple of yours is going to be situated. The conditions of the land. The amount of magic tainting such a place. The kinds of climate that the plants have to survive. If you'd like, I can name off a few plants that would be suitable based on those criterion, with the potential for some that only bloom in the moonlight."

Ask the String

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
The Treant gained a wistful look upon his face. "Life was... different, then. Peaceful, perhaps, in a different sense. When I was but a tree I felt more connected with the earth. The world. I knew more, because Nature shared information with me through that connection-- roots are more than just water absorbers. They're a lifeline, a connection, a way to communicate across the land."

"While it's true that I knew of all the things happening in the world-- the strife, the taint of magic, the way the world changed-- it was not my place to take action, nor care. My purpose then was to stand strong, to oversee and survive. Now I'm called into these battles as a tool for either side, to be moved around like a pawn in a game of chess."
♪You wouldn't happen to know what could have caused such a transformation would you?♪ Sona asked, ♪Like was it someone that just came up behind you with a spell or was it an after effect from all those wars?♪

Ask A Treant

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
♪You wouldn't happen to know what could have caused such a transformation would you?♪ Sona asked, ♪Like was it someone that just came up behind you with a spell or was it an after effect from all those wars?♪
The Treant nodded. "Something like this is the culmination of being so poisoned by magic, that the laws of Nature have been bent out of proportion. I resisted the taint as long as I could, but eventually all my roots could soak up from the ground was this pervasive power. Over time I could feel the change, I fought but only grew weaker, until eventually I could feel my entire being permeated with the powers within. It came to a point where I found myself unable to contain it-- I thought I was going to shatter an explode. I was angry. My life was being taken away without my volition, it was being changed in ways completely unnatural."

"That anger is what made me lash out upon the Treeline that fateful day. I was confused as to how I was moving, or how I was channeling power-- but seeing them fight on the Fields only wrought more anger within. I didn't care how I was doing it, I was going to end things there and then."

"That is, until Kayle intervened."

Ask the Lunari

01-24-2013

Quote:

"I did not say you called me one, simply that you treated me as such." The Treant corrected. "Besides, Nature's balance does not need a helping hand, Lunari. Nature rights everything itself, it just takes more time. You could even say that if your temple were meant to have a garden, then the flowers would eventually push through and grow themselves."

He waved that humongous arm of his.

"It depends on where this temple of yours is going to be situated. The conditions of the land. The amount of magic tainting such a place. The kinds of climate that the plants have to survive. If you'd like, I can name off a few plants that would be suitable based on those criterion, with the potential for some that only bloom in the moonlight."
Diana raises a brow.

So you agree then? If so, I can lead you to the site myself later... as I'm sure you would have a better experience in choosing these yourself if you were upon the land.

((Until I have the actual thread up/constructed... the temple site is within The Other Place thread, currently being built...))

RG2000

01-28-2013

A man in dark grabs appears to greet Maokai seemingly amazed by Maokai himself

"Greetings Maokai, my name is Gaver, and I'm a wanderer,Gaver bows and I find it amazing to actually meet you in person, because I only knew you from the books I read on the Institute of War, now to begin,While staring at Maokai's right arm with the clinging sapling Do you find living as a sentient being is better than being and actual tree ?! Second, what can you do to undo the damage done by the Rune Wars that damaged these lands ?"

Ask A Treant

01-28-2013

Quote:
Diana raises a brow.

So you agree then? If so, I can lead you to the site myself later... as I'm sure you would have a better experience in choosing these yourself if you were upon the land.

((Until I have the actual thread up/constructed... the temple site is within The Other Place thread, currently being built...))
"I did not agree to becoming your personal gardener. I will, however, survey the land and give you some suggestions on what plants and trees to keep, as well as how to care for them. As for who will do that-- well that's up to you. I'm sure one of your acolytes would love to earn your favour by showing off their green thumb."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000 View Post
A man in dark grabs appears to greet Maokai seemingly amazed by Maokai himself

"Greetings Maokai, my name is Gaver, and I'm a wanderer,Gaver bows and I find it amazing to actually meet you in person, because I only knew you from the books I read on the Institute of War, now to begin,While staring at Maokai's right arm with the clinging sapling Do you find living as a sentient being is better than being and actual tree ?! Second, what can you do to undo the damage done by the Rune Wars that damaged these lands ?"
The Treant stared at this "wanderer", sizing him up and trying to gather what he could about him. "Gaver." He says, neither enthused nor angry. He follows the man's gaze to his sapling, and almost instinctively he clutches it closer to him.

"If you had read anything upon me, you would know that I view my sentience as an unnatural aberration, an abomination of life. As such, it is not "better" in any means. As for undoing the damage done, if I were able to do anything then I would have by now." He wasn't angry, but he sounded exasperated, as if he were tired of having to explain this over and over again. "Other champions have enlightened me to the... possibility that there may be some way to use this curse as a tool in order to help heal the earth-- but until such knowledge becomes known, I have no use for this mobile, conscious body."

"Now, is there anything of worth you have to ask of me?"

Ask the Lunari

01-28-2013

Quote:
"I did not agree to becoming your personal gardener. I will, however, survey the land and give you some suggestions on what plants and trees to keep, as well as how to care for them. As for who will do that-- well that's up to you. I'm sure one of your acolytes would love to earn your favour by showing off their green thumb."
Diana smirks.

Wise, I feel that you can always visit whenever you wish... as just about everyone but the wretched Solari & their avatar will be allowed within its walls. As well as I personally will care for the garden, and only ask for assistance when I see fit.

A pause.

Will you be willing to cooperate with Zyra if she agrees as well? I personally would love both of your opinions... rather than having a one-sided view... and hopefully bring about one that you both can agree upon if it happens.

Ask A Treant

01-29-2013

Quote:
Diana smirks.

Wise, I feel that you can always visit whenever you wish... as just about everyone but the wretched Solari & their avatar will be allowed within its walls. As well as I personally will care for the garden, and only ask for assistance when I see fit.

A pause.

Will you be willing to cooperate with Zyra if she agrees as well? I personally would love both of your opinions... rather than having a one-sided view... and hopefully bring about one that you both can agree upon if it happens.
"I'm sure that Zyra has her own set of plants she can suggest-- whether or not they'll try and destroy the ones I give you are another matter. You do have to remember that she lived and thrived in the Plague Lands, further south than the Kumungu Jungle. There, the plants are not docile, they do not sway in the wind for show. They are hunters themselves, and I have an inkling that whatever plants she suggests will take on such a role."

"This is not me saying I will not try. This is me saying that I have little hope of it working out."

RG2000

01-31-2013

Quote:

The Treant stared at this "wanderer", sizing him up and trying to gather what he could about him. "Gaver." He says, neither enthused nor angry. He follows the man's gaze to his sapling, and almost instinctively he clutches it closer to him.

"If you had read anything upon me, you would know that I view my sentience as an unnatural aberration, an abomination of life. As such, it is not "better" in any means. As for undoing the damage done, if I were able to do anything then I would have by now." He wasn't angry, but he sounded exasperated, as if he were tired of having to explain this over and over again. "Other champions have enlightened me to the... possibility that there may be some way to use this curse as a tool in order to help heal the earth-- but until such knowledge becomes known, I have no use for this mobile, conscious body."

"Now, is there anything of worth you have to ask of me?"
Now Gaver puts his attention to Maokai's head, he had to look up because Maokai is almost Twice taller than him.
He sees Maokai becoming exasperated for his questions
"I understand and forgive me, my third and final question, do you actually believe in those Summoners will find a way to turn you back into your original form, that they will find a way in doing it ? I myself doubted them somehow, The League itself pays little to no attention on restoring the land ravaged by magic."

Ask A Treant

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000 View Post
Now Gaver puts his attention to Maokai's head, he had to look up because Maokai is almost Twice taller than him.
He sees Maokai becoming exasperated for his questions
"I understand and forgive me, my third and final question, do you actually believe in those Summoners will find a way to turn you back into your original form, that they will find a way in doing it ? I myself doubted them somehow, The League itself pays little to no attention on restoring the land ravaged by magic."
"What little hope I have in the summoners grows thinner day by day. They tell me they are working on it. They tell me it will take time. And yet, I see nothing, not the slightest inkling that they are making any progress, or let alone trying."

"However, I do not sow the seeds of doubt. If I do so, then they will have even less reason to return me. As such, while I have a minute amount of hope, it is still there. I use that to... "urge" and... "recommend" that they begin work on returning both me, and the land to the way it once was."