Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the String

01-10-2013

Quote:
Ask A Treant:
"Peace." The Treant rumbled. "It seems like so long ago that the world truly knew what peace was. When humans didn't have the knowledge they did now. When they didn't have a lust for power. When the world was so... untained. Pure. Clean. Peaceful." He mused. He looked down at one of his saplings and extended his right arm, the sapling quickly crawling up the extended limb and perching on his head.

"I wonder though, is it alright to wish such a thing? To be oblivious of the world's pains? Just having no worries doesn't mean those things don't exist. Ignorance is bliss-- but only until you learn of the horrors of the world."

A pause.

"I suppose the saplings are lucky that I make them explode. As morbid as it might sound, I can at least end their lives without them ever knowing or learning about some of the worst horrors this world has to offer. And yet-- it's only by surviving through those horrors, does anything gain strength. Nature evolves in order to survive-- humans included. It's hardships that make Nature strong."

He cracked a wry smile at the Maven.

"I'm sure that we'll see the end to this someday. When that day comes-- I'd hope you have a great fanfare to play."

♪Oh believe me, Maokai. The second all this fighting stops, I will.♪ Sona declared, ♪So, while on the fields, is there any particular tune you would like me to play when around you? One that can help heighten your spirits?♪

Ask Shyvana

01-10-2013

Quote:
Ask A Treant:
(Hey, sometimes things are better left as they are. Better to stay truer to the characters, after all. Was a nice interaction with you!)

(Yes, it was nice! I just hope this thing keeps active. You're good at Maokai. )

Ask A Treant

01-11-2013

Quote:
Ask the Strings:
♪Oh believe me, Maokai. The second all this fighting stops, I will.♪ Sona declared, ♪So, while on the fields, is there any particular tune you would like me to play when around you? One that can help heighten your spirits?♪

The Treant grinned. "I know you better than that, Maven. You know which tune is more appropriate to play than I do, given the situation. On the Fields, I leave such a decision to you. It is not my place."

Ask the String

01-11-2013

Quote:
Ask A Treant:
The Treant grinned. "I know you better than that, Maven. You know which tune is more appropriate to play than I do, given the situation. On the Fields, I leave such a decision to you. It is not my place."

♪Normally I'd agree with you on that,♪ Sona replied, ♪But I've come to realise music has a much better impact if those listening can relate to it. Playing something they will enjoy will inspire them better. But if you truly trust my music to help you as it already does, far be it from me to change it.♪

Ask A Treant

01-14-2013

Quote:
Ask the Strings:
♪Normally I'd agree with you on that,♪ Sona replied, ♪But I've come to realise music has a much better impact if those listening can relate to it. Playing something they will enjoy will inspire them better. But if you truly trust my music to help you as it already does, far be it from me to change it.♪

"I believe everyone can relate to any form of music. After all, music is a reflection of emotion, is it not? I fail to believe that anyone is truly cold enough to not feel all emotions-- they are simply cold enough to ignore them. A poignant song will still make them feel it, however." He starts. "Besides, your music has done quite well thus far in helping both me, and others on the Fields. I don't see why such a change would be necessary."

Ask the String

01-17-2013

Quote:
Ask A Treant:
"I believe everyone can relate to any form of music. After all, music is a reflection of emotion, is it not? I fail to believe that anyone is truly cold enough to not feel all emotions-- they are simply cold enough to ignore them. A poignant song will still make them feel it, however." He starts. "Besides, your music has done quite well thus far in helping both me, and others on the Fields. I don't see why such a change would be necessary."

♪Well I wouldn't so much as call it a change as...an improvement I guess,♪ Sona remarked, ♪Playing music others enjoy, at least from what I've picked up, will have a much greater effect on them.♪

Ask the Lunari

01-19-2013

Diana would arrive upon Maokai's domain, a look of determination upon her face.

Hello Treant, would you be willing to to help in the creation of my Garden within my soon to be built Temple? Along with Zyra if she agrees?

Ask A Treant

01-21-2013

Quote:
Ask the Strings:
♪Well I wouldn't so much as call it a change as...an improvement I guess,♪ Sona remarked, ♪Playing music others enjoy, at least from what I've picked up, will have a much greater effect on them.♪

"Let me put things this way, Maven. You have yet to play a song that I find unappealing, so really I'm impartial on what you play." The Treant said. It might have sounded a little cold, but it was just the plain an dsimple truth.

Quote:
Ask the Lunari:
Diana would arrive upon Maokai's domain, a look of determination upon her face.

Hello Treant, would you be willing to to help in the creation of my Garden within my soon to be built Temple? Along with Zyra if she agrees?

The Treant didn't look too excited. "You come in here, treating me like I'm a gardener, and ask for my assistance?" He didn't sound excited, either. "Tell me, Lunari, and what is there for me to gain from helping you?"

Ask the String

01-21-2013

Quote:
Ask A Treant:
"Let me put things this way, Maven. You have yet to play a song that I find unappealing, so really I'm impartial on what you play." The Treant said. It might have sounded a little cold, but it was just the plain an dsimple truth.

♪Alright I understand,♪ Sona replied, feeling she was angering Maokai again, ♪So i have wondered, what was your life like before you were brought to this form? I assume the life of a tree is a peaceful one, when it's left alone of course.♪

Ask the Lunari

01-21-2013

Quote:
Ask A Treant:

The Treant didn't look too excited. "You come in here, treating me like I'm a gardener, and ask for my assistance?" He didn't sound excited, either. "Tell me, Lunari, and what is there for me to gain from helping you?"

Diana quirked a brow curiously, but did not look amused.

I did not call you a gardener, nor did I say you are one. I believe that those who were once and still wish to fully be a part of nature's balance would help in restoring what has been lost, even with something as others would call "simple" as the creation of a garden.

A short pause.

I know you are wise for being around so many years, even while you did not move or talk as you are now... so only you can truly decide what to gain if you do wish to partake in this endeavor.