Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
"I have no use for war, nor do I need to affiliate myself with any cities. Not to mention I have already spoke to Jarvan once, and he doesn't seem to see a need to rejuvenate the land, or heal the damage that has been caused by the wars. What good, then, would this College do for me? None."
"Fair enough." Shyvana said. "Sorry to bother you."

Ask the String

01-08-2013

Quote:
With a large thud, the Treant sat back on an old stump to listen. While he was by means an aficionado, he wasn't about to interrupt the woman's playing. Not to mention that his saplings were rather fond of the tune, dancing and spinning in place with happy sounds. He shut his eyes and let out a loud groan, as if trying to release some of the stress whilst he listened.

It didn't quite work, of course. Not so easily. But he was enjoying himself.
Sona smiled as she noticed Maokai appear to be at least a bit affected by the music. His saplings were very accepting of the cheerful tune she was playing, timing their steps to her measures.

Once the song ended, Sona turned to the tree, ♪So, feel a bit better at least?♪

Ask A Treant

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"Fair enough." Shyvana said. "Sorry to bother you."
With a grunt, the Treant nodded, sitting back on his stump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
Sona smiled as she noticed Maokai appear to be at least a bit affected by the music. His saplings were very accepting of the cheerful tune she was playing, timing their steps to her measures.

Once the song ended, Sona turned to the tree, ♪So, feel a bit better at least?♪
"A little, but thank you nonetheless. It has been far too long since I've been able to simply enjoy a delightful tune." If one were to describe the look upon the Treant's face, it would appear almost... wistful. "I remember before, as a stationary tree, when I would be able to hear songs carried upon the wind, like a gift from faraway lands. Those were much better days."

Ask Shyvana

01-08-2013

And with that, Shyvana walked off.

(You Maokai nicely.)

Ask the String

01-08-2013

Quote:
"A little, but thank you nonetheless. It has been far too long since I've been able to simply enjoy a delightful tune." If one were to describe the look upon the Treant's face, it would appear almost... wistful. "I remember before, as a stationary tree, when I would be able to hear songs carried upon the wind, like a gift from faraway lands. Those were much better days."
♪Well if you ever do get returned to your original state, I shale make sure to play you and all your saplings a wonderful tune everyday,♪ Sona promised, ♪Although I am curious, why are the saplings be much more free spirited than you? Not to try and offend you, but it does seem they are much...happier.♪

Ask A Treant

01-08-2013

Quote:
And with that, Shyvana walked off.

(You Maokai nicely.)
He didn't exactly find a need to stop her from doing so.

(( Thanks! I like to think that Maokai is a character with more depth than Riot lets off, but at the same time is rather easy to stay true to his "main mission". Add in artistic liberties, and then you have me. XP ))

Quote:
♪Well if you ever do get returned to your original state, I shale make sure to play you and all your saplings a wonderful tune everyday,♪ Sona promised, ♪Although I am curious, why are the saplings be much more free spirited than you? Not to try and offend you, but it does seem they are much...happier.♪
That made the Treant crack a wry smile. "Really?" He asked. He seemed rather pleased at the thought, if only slightly. "I do not boast, Maven, but I was once a great and majestic tree. I would offer you the coolest of shade and the most protective of boughs should you come to visit."

That little happiness died off as he was asked that question. Still, he was in a good enough mood to not be offended by it. The human was just curious, after all. "Do you know how the saplings came to be, Maven? I'm sure one of the League's summoners would be willing to tell you in full detail, but simply put I theorize this: The saplings were created from the blood and memory of a child. Through my own hands, I gave that blood a new life. A new chance. Something so innocent should not be spoilt by war."

The thought made him a little unhappy.

"I suppose they're just... naive. Like children. While I can... override them to turn them into weapons, when left to their own designs they are naught more than an innocent mind. Curious. Spirited. Carefree. Eager. In the mind-state in which they are created, they know nothing about the ravages of war, or the weeping of the land."

Ask the String

01-08-2013

Quote:

That made the Treant crack a wry smile. "Really?" He asked. He seemed rather pleased at the thought, if only slightly. "I do not boast, Maven, but I was once a great and majestic tree. I would offer you the coolest of shade and the most protective of boughs should you come to visit."

That little happiness died off as he was asked that question. Still, he was in a good enough mood to not be offended by it. The human was just curious, after all. "Do you know how the saplings came to be, Maven? I'm sure one of the League's summoners would be willing to tell you in full detail, but simply put I theorize this: The saplings were created from the blood and memory of a child. Through my own hands, I gave that blood a new life. A new chance. Something so innocent should not be spoilt by war."

The thought made him a little unhappy.

"I suppose they're just... naive. Like children. While I can... override them to turn them into weapons, when left to their own designs they are naught more than an innocent mind. Curious. Spirited. Carefree. Eager. In the mind-state in which they are created, they know nothing about the ravages of war, or the weeping of the land."
♪So just like little children, so carefree, and full of energy,♪ Sona commented, ♪Sometimes I wish I could be like that. Not have to worry about anything.♪

Sona looked down at a few saplings around her, ♪At least they didn't have to live through the horrors of war. Even what we do on the fields...just wish we could have peace without resorting to magic.♪

Ask Shyvana

01-08-2013

(Nice. Sadly, I dunno what to ask. xD)

Ask A Treant

01-10-2013

Quote:
♪So just like little children, so carefree, and full of energy,♪ Sona commented, ♪Sometimes I wish I could be like that. Not have to worry about anything.♪

Sona looked down at a few saplings around her, ♪At least they didn't have to live through the horrors of war. Even what we do on the fields...just wish we could have peace without resorting to magic.♪
"Peace." The Treant rumbled. "It seems like so long ago that the world truly knew what peace was. When humans didn't have the knowledge they did now. When they didn't have a lust for power. When the world was so... untained. Pure. Clean. Peaceful." He mused. He looked down at one of his saplings and extended his right arm, the sapling quickly crawling up the extended limb and perching on his head.

"I wonder though, is it alright to wish such a thing? To be oblivious of the world's pains? Just having no worries doesn't mean those things don't exist. Ignorance is bliss-- but only until you learn of the horrors of the world."

A pause.

"I suppose the saplings are lucky that I make them explode. As morbid as it might sound, I can at least end their lives without them ever knowing or learning about some of the worst horrors this world has to offer. And yet-- it's only by surviving through those horrors, does anything gain strength. Nature evolves in order to survive-- humans included. It's hardships that make Nature strong."

He cracked a wry smile at the Maven.

"I'm sure that we'll see the end to this someday. When that day comes-- I'd hope you have a great fanfare to play."

Ask A Treant

01-10-2013

Quote:
(Nice. Sadly, I dunno what to ask. xD)
(Hey, sometimes things are better left as they are. Better to stay truer to the characters, after all. Was a nice interaction with you!)