Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
Maokai groans. "No, I do not want to overthrow them. That would upset the balance of Nature-- humans were put on this earth. To eradicate them all would throw the world into disarray. I simply wish to... educate the foolish mages. Those who do not understand how to control their power will be taught."

He pauses. "In fact, I'm sure Syndra could teach them a thing or two. Maybe."
"...Syndra knows nothing of controlling power." Shyvana said flatly. "By her own efforts, no less."

Ask A Treant

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"...Syndra knows nothing of controlling power." Shyvana said flatly. "By her own efforts, no less."
Maokai shakes his head. "On the contrary, she knows everything about controlling power. She simply has submitted to the poisonous lust it brings upon mortals. Still, she has powers that of which many mages can only dream-- and she uses it to her own end. I would say that Syndra has some of the most control I've seen yet. Controlling power, and controlling oneself are simply two different matters."

Ask Shyvana

12-31-2012

Quote:
Maokai shakes his head. "On the contrary, she knows everything about controlling power. She simply has submitted to the poisonous lust it brings upon mortals. Still, she has powers that of which many mages can only dream-- and she uses it to her own end. I would say that Syndra has some of the most control I've seen yet. Controlling power, and controlling oneself are simply two different matters."
"...if your definition of control is that she doesn't explode, then fine, she has control." Shyvana answered. "Many mages don't do that. But when I see Syndra, I see no semblance of control. She flails, she throws her powers everywhere, she freaks out. Her fighting style is like mine." She paused. "I have no fighting style."

Ask A Treant

12-31-2012

Quote:
"...if your definition of control is that she doesn't explode, then fine, she has control." Shyvana answered. "Many mages don't do that. But when I see Syndra, I see no semblance of control. She flails, she throws her powers everywhere, she freaks out. Her fighting style is like mine." She paused. "I have no fighting style."
The Treant doesn't seem amused. "I said she can control her power, but not herself. That doesn't say she can't control her power-- she does so to her own gain. She raises the earth itself and destroys those in her way. In fact, the same could be said of you then, yes. You control the transformation enough that you're not transformed all the time. Nor are you overcome by the power."

"There are those who exist who cannot even do that. That's when their magic seeps into the earth, destroys what was once natural, and taints the balance that Nature intends."

Ask Shyvana

12-31-2012

Quote:
The Treant doesn't seem amused. "I said she can control her power, but not herself. That doesn't say she can't control her power-- she does so to her own gain. She raises the earth itself and destroys those in her way. In fact, the same could be said of you then, yes. You control the transformation enough that you're not transformed all the time. Nor are you overcome by the power."

"There are those who exist who cannot even do that. That's when their magic seeps into the earth, destroys what was once natural, and taints the balance that Nature intends."
"Like Zyra?" Shyvana offered.

Ask A Treant

01-01-2013

Quote:
"Like Zyra?" Shyvana offered.
The Treant didn't seem the least bit peturbed by that statement. "What is your obsession with Zyra?"

Ask Shyvana

01-01-2013

Quote:
The Treant didn't seem the least bit peturbed by that statement. "What is your obsession with Zyra?"
"Are you aware of another perverse amalgamation of man and nature?" Shyvana asked. "I'm just trying to understand your thoughts."

Ask A Treant

01-01-2013

Quote:
"Are you aware of another perverse amalgamation of man and nature?" Shyvana asked. "I'm just trying to understand your thoughts."
"I have already explained myself on that subject. Obviously I'm "aware" of her existence. Still, she is not the most important thing on my plate right now."

Ask Shyvana

01-01-2013

Quote:
"I have already explained myself on that subject. Obviously I'm "aware" of her existence. Still, she is not the most important thing on my plate right now."
"But if you're a force of correcting the misuse of nature, shouldn't you deal with the Zyras of the world before dealing with your own state?" Shyvana asked.

Ask A Treant

01-01-2013

Quote:
"But if you're a force of correcting the misuse of nature, shouldn't you deal with the Zyras of the world before dealing with your own state?" Shyvana asked.
"I was not originally a force to correct the misuse of Nature. I simply was an oak tree. I have taken it upon myself, however, to correct the misuse of magic that warps and changes Nature."

A pause.

"Besides, it would be better if I were able to return Zyra to her old form, rather than eradicate her. In order to do so, I will need knowledge on how to remove such... sentience. Thus, in doing so, I am able to complete both my path, as well as right hers."